Reviews for Undercover
OutToGarden chapter 1 . 3/28
You destroyed me. Again. God this was such a fucking good story. I've fallen absolutely in love with cross-dressing Alfred and awkward Arthur and ugghhh! They were beautiful together and I should've seen it coming that Alfred was the criminal all along because I ALWAYS see shit like that coming, but I was so focused on the romance that I was completely blindsided. And I got my heart broken for it. I hate you for the ambiguous ending! But I love you because this was exactly what I needed in my life.
Biff3r chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Can you hear me crying?
Tattoos for Liars chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Wha...no...god Arthur why did you just give up to your guilt and let him kill you?! Agh! That ending was so frustrating and wonderful and - oh why? Aaaaaaagh!
Aside from my feels attack, the story was very well written with a wonderful splash of USUK. I definitely enjoyed cross dressing Alfred, even before he was a criminal. Arthur's reactions were part amusing, part relatable; he got so caught up in his happiness that he tried to shove the negatives away until they caught up with him. Though I have to say one of the best parts of their relationship is the fact that Alfred wasn't pretending about he felt, not in the end. You could of so easily spun it that Alfred, already a great actor, was faking everything and broke Arthur's heart that way, but Alfred did actually care just as much as Arthur and that's really what made the ending (and what made me internally yell at Arthur to go to England with him, god dang!).
peeceeguy00 chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Sequel; please i beg of you
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
SAYS THE ENDING... MAKE UR OWN XD
TheAmericanGit chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
WAIT! I'm so confused! Did Arthur go with Alfred? Or did he die? DX
Q3APo chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
the idea is surely interesting. how alfred lead the smuggler and fake the fake identity. its so cool.
the ending, so... what did arthur choose? i'm confused
Jan-Yu chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Damn, how I love this so much! You made my heart squeeze painfully at the end there. Lovely work. Bravo.
mymanisfictional chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I wish I could properly go on about how interesting I found the way you depicted cross-dressing Alfred, but to be honest, I'm still... just, FEELING that ending. Gah, okay, let me take a shot at a coherent review.
Um, so, cross-dressing Alfred- very interesting. I've never really cared for it, and yet, I found myself sharing the same opinion as Arthur in the fic: never really thinking of it as anything but Alfred. I like that. What started out as two separate personas of sort became just one person in different clothes.
Arthur's torn feelings gave me mixed feelings too of course. I had a bad feeling the entire time about Alfred and I wanted to scream at Arthur to turn him in, question him, see the signs, but at the same time, I adore their little romantic moments.
And that ending... Just. I can't. The desperation and the last lines just... wow.
Overall, great job. Seriously.
nuclear taste2 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
All of a sudden Alfred had a NY accent in my head. Oh man why did I find cross-dressing Alfred so hot? I'm not even into that shit... loved the open ending. I think Arthur would passively let Alfred make the plans for their elopement and just go along with it, deciding that inaction is better than sacrificing his heart over his head, or vise versa. Great story.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I only see comedic value in this! Like, if this were a movie it would be a romantic comedy omfg. Arthur gave me that awkward cop feel which made his interactions with Alfred really funny. it was funny I laughed sorry...
FluffyAngst333 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
*gasp* wait, noooooo
Are you kidding me chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Well, overall this was quite a good story. As most people have already said the ending was the best part of the whole thing. If I were to say things I didn't like I'd say that Arthur blushes a bit too much (because real detectives don't have emotions-do they?)
HeroofTwilight'sgf chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
OH MY GOD! D': That was soooo sadddd! poor Arthur...

-HeroofTwilight'sgf
kimikissu07 chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Please tell me Arthur accepted Alfred's offer or I'm going to cry because of all these USUK feels.

I love this. T_T