Reviews for Choices
itsnjm1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2017
this is perfect
leslie chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
Honestly, amazing. This far surpassed the show but that's typical on a show where people rarely talk in depth. I loved what Derek had to say and how he used his own life experiences with Meredith to inform his advice.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Love it! Hopefully,we will see this on screen. Really love derek, and mark's friendship. Keep up the good work. Good job.
Maureen chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This is a good one shot. I think that sometimes people forget that Derek and Mark have a childhood history. They forget that Mark and Derek are brothers, and have the deepest bonds of friendship.

Maureen
beth1814 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Awesome story, I would love for you to continue it! Because of course the only place I get my slexie from right now, besides last week, is in fanfiction, lol
Tourmaline Shine chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This is one of the most sensible things I've read regarding Mark/Lexie and their current situation, from all the crap they've been dealt with from season six onwards. If only the writers could've done this for the episode, I hope to see something along the lines of this tonight...after all the impossible things the writers indeed made possible, they can certainly make Mark and Lexie come and stay together possible.

I could almost hear the Grey's theme music while reading this, the conversation and actions were so much like something I could see these characters doing.

No, Mark certainly did not go to Derek for advice when he was with Lexie. It is quite a sensible conclusion to make that now he's asking Derek for approval to be with Lexie, rather than debating a choice of choosing between her or Julia. He'll never be truly happy with Julia because he's not in love with her, he just likes the convenience, like what Rose did for Derek. The only other woman Mark's ever been remotely serious about was Addison, thne Miss Lexie came along and it's really been no one else since then, despite all the crap. I also don't think he needs anymore children for a while, Sofia's enough, and she's a bit of a miracle baby at that (even though I still wish the writers had never had him get Callie pregnant and could've taken another route of some sort, though at least the pressure should be off Lexie to have a baby).

Probably one of my favorite parts was when Derek made that speech to Mark, definitely worthy enough to have been written on the show...

- "I didn't because I love her and we made promises," Derek answered Mark's implied questions, "Because we vowed that we'd love each other even when we hated each other and because I remembered that however messy, difficult or painful things get, it's still better to be together because they'd only be messier, more difficult and more painful if we are apart. And I know that sooner or later one or both of us will once more do something to piss off or hurt the other one but, hopefully, we'll still remember why it's better to stay together and we'll stick it out and work our way through it." He paused and leaned back on his chair before he continued, "You asked if it's worth it. As difficult and as painful as it's been at times and as difficult and painful as it may get, it is definitely worth it – because what we have now is better than I'd dreamed. And to have it and to keep it, I'd do it all over again without changing a thing. No, it's not easy," he repeated, leaning forward and looking Mark straight in the eyes, "Nothing worth having in life should be easy – and that includes relationships. And, I think, the most important relationships, the ones with the people we love the most, those should be hardest because they're the most important. But whatever you go through, if at the end of the day you have that one person that makes life just a little easier, that one person that can make you smile at the worst of times, the one you want to share everything with, the one that drives you crazy even as she gives you peace, if you get to go to bed with that person every night and wake up next to them every morning, then you can count yourself lucky and, believe me, whatever hell you have to go through to get her, it's more than worth it." -

...then after all that, this little exchange made me smile. Silly Derek...

- "So, you're telling me I should choose Lexie?" Mark said after a moment of silence.

"Oh, no," Derek grinned. "I'm not telling you what to do – not at all. This is your decision; only you can make it, only you know what's right for you. Besides, I know you know what it is that you want and should do." -

If only the writers could've done this. Here's hoping for tonight!
CaRiNeSs chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Yea! That was awesome! I'm so glad you are writing Grey's FF now! I hope you will write more soon! I love Mark and Lexie and I hope they figure it out on the show... If not the a t least ur fanfics can give me some happiness! I also love the Mark and Derek conversation and how Derek won't tell him what to do... I see that really happening! Please write more Grey's soon!
CallMeGigi chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
LOVED IT! It was so great and Derek is so adorable to Lexie and Mark:)

It was great (hopefully something along this lines will be what we get tonight)