Reviews for Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Crystia chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Hey, I've never read this pairing before.

I really liked this, though. You have a lot of character depth, making this chapter an interesting read. Marik and Shizuka are two characters with very little interaction, so I was a bit dubious as to how you'd handle is, but I'm impressed.

The main connection you use between the two is their fear of darkness, and I enjoyed how you contrast the two. Marik is baffled and irritated because Shizuka is unwilling to take off the bandages, but at the same time he understands her suffering better than Tristan, Joey, or any of the others would ever be able to...Anyway, deep stuff.

I particularly liked the dialogue...You include meaning in such short pieces of conversation so it feels as though not a word is wasted. I don't think a little more description would have been misplaced, but I think it's pretty darn good as it is. I love the ending...Because Shizuka thanking her kidnapper after that conversation just seems so right and so in character.

The writing is really compelling, too. You managed to include a great deal of depth in such a short story, and even though sedateshipping is one of those obscure pairings I'd never normally even think of, I'll certainly remember it now.

So overall, I basically just wanted to say nice job.
-Darkelf
OxEyed chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I thought the darkness similarity was a really interesting one too; I'm glad to see that you explored it as well. :)

I thought that the dialogue in this was particularly well done. That line "It's all dark," was very hard-hitting and effective. Nice work and good luck!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I liked this! Their experiences with darkness makes for a good connection, and I like where you've set this in canon and the way you've written them. I can see it happening and it's a nice moment between them. Good job on this, and keep it up! :)

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
I liked this one. It was interesting!

TDH