Reviews for This is not what we do
Alexandra chapter 19 . 10/16
I know this review is more than a day late and a dollar short, but I absolutely love this fic. I've read it several times, and it is great every time. Just wanted to let you know it's still being enjoyed a million years later lol. I can't help but integrate it into my headcanon and hardly ever think of the show without thinking of your interpretation of the characters.
Funkysocks chapter 19 . 1/8
What a great read but phew it's gotten hot in here and those two were left hanging. Please could they have some kind of um...resolution?
Guest chapter 15 . 11/14/2014
So great to have this bookmarked to come back to read again and again. Good writing, as good, or better than Cath Staincliffe in her three books of S&B.
This series just is very entertaining, along with your Fanfiction to help it along.
I smile as I read it.
I see Gill as the Energy Bunny, and think that she is a really well portrayed character.
Glad she did some texting in your fiction, it added to the scenes and character's thoughts.
Big thanks for sharing your skills.
Neelee chapter 19 . 11/2/2014
It's exactly the way G describes it in the latest comment - never too melodramatic, and the characters are just like the "real" Janet and Rachel. Girlonabridge, you're a genius! I like very much the way you are writing. I can see that you're really good at it. I wouldn't mind new updates, but somehow I like the way it ends now in chapt 19. For me, it's been an invitation to do some daydreaming and writing on my own ;)
G chapter 19 . 10/8/2014
It's such a shame this hasn't been updated in so long - I'm late to the S&B party, but fell in love with these two right away, and this was THE fic I hoped somebody had written. The characterisation, their relationship; it's all perfect. The setting within each episode grounds the story, and the touches, looks and (never too melodramatic, never over-the-top) feelings give their relationship such tension, I think it's impossible to start this and not read all 19 parts in one go. I did, and I know I'll come back to it. Thanks so much for writing it.

(And please consider writing more for this series, I shiver to imagine what S3E8 would be like in your hands.)
Guest chapter 19 . 7/7/2014
i just keep reading this story and weeping over these two and rewatching every season and then reading this again and weeping more and rewatching and reading and weeping and i thought there was a limit to how much i could care about two stupid detectives but there isnt

this story does not help
TealFeatheredFangirl chapter 19 . 1/11/2014
Charmed Lassie chapter 19 . 1/11/2014
I've read all of this today and, I have to say, it's brilliant. If you ever feel like updating I'll be one of the very pleased people.
TealFeatheredFangirl chapter 15 . 1/11/2014
Hiding from relatives and sneaking upstairs to finish this story!
Guest chapter 19 . 11/12/2013
hello. i'd like to thank you sincerely for ruINING MY LIFE WITH THIS FIC thank you very much. first of all I didn't even ship it until I read this and now Janet/Rachel is my OTP of all OTPs in the whole world and the universe. secondly, /how/ do you characterization. it's perfect. seriously. why aren't you writing the episodes. let's get you over to england and into the production studios right now this second (we'd get a series 4 faster that way anyway). also, i can't even deal with your imagery and your words it's way too perfect. stop (don't stop. never stop writing this fic. continue forever. achieve immortality in order to keep writing this).

so basically this fic is the most perfect thing to hit planet earth since never, and it's wonderful and amazing and so are you and I am dead because of the perfect. goodbye.
Cinnamon68 chapter 19 . 9/12/2013
This is such a lovely story, and this chapter is particularly good. I enjoyed reading the other 18 chapters again as well!
SerenBex chapter 19 . 9/10/2013
Fab chapter! :D
jools1 chapter 19 . 9/8/2013
This story is epic ... you take a scene and give it a whole different quality. What we see in the show becomes a top layer with all these other layers going on underneath or alongside the original scene ... amazing! thankyou julie
ukulelefoot chapter 19 . 9/8/2013
I love this story and it always puts a smile on my face when I see you've updated it. This chapter is exquisite, I like how you've got them both wanting the same thing but knowing that they can't do anything about it yet - it's very well-written. I look forward to seeing how you write around the Rachel/Kevin incident, if you plan on including that.
MadameCissy chapter 19 . 9/7/2013
Another beautiful update. This story is amazing. I miss the show but its good to still have this story. Hope you carry on through season 4 too!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »