Reviews for Never Forget
marylopez0812 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
So heartbreaking. My birthday september 8 just turn 8yrs old when it happen.
Firefighter Capsicle chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Thank you for writing this. This is an amazing story and I am so glad I found it. I am a proud firefighter today partially because of this day. I hope to be able to make even 1/10th if the impact that these men and women made that day.

I was also 11 years old and I too remember this crystal clear and I will always shed tears on the eleventh day of September every year until I die.
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Exactly. You never forget - I was 14, had just gotten out of the shower when my little brother knocked on the bathroom door and told me to come see the news. The first plane had just hit, and everyone was still thinking it was some horrible accident. Then the second hit, and we knew it wasn't. Then the pentagon and Pennsylvania - and I will always consider those passengers among the greatest of America's heroes - and my family and I just sat, stunned. Eyes glued to the news, all day. I distinctly remember one thought coming in through the haze and numbness: "You have no idea. Whoever you are, why ever you did this, you have NO IDEA what you just started."

I can only imagine how those actually there must have felt, such as Tony and that poor little boy. And Steve, this must have hit him like a punch in the gut...
Benni Clark chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I know this is late, but I've just discovered your story, and it was amazing. I think there should be a follow up where Tony meets Sammy again.
I don't really remember 9/11 that clearly because I was only four, but I've read a lot about it and seen a lot of documentaries. I think you really captured that day and how it affected, and still affects, people. Again, amazing job.
-Benni Clark
Randompersonality chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
You seriously made me cry with this piece. Thank you for writing it.
Nightmare on Titan chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I legit was sobbing. This brought back memories. I remember at the time I was only three, and medad had left the news on before going to work,and my mom came into the living to find me sitting in front of the TV, crying. She yelled at me to turn that movie off. I shook my head, crying harder saying 'It's not a movie mommy, it's the news.' I had gotten up and pulled her over, pointing out the towers.
VampireApple chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I cried a little, reading this. I will always remember where I saw, and that I was doing that September day.
someclassyusername chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This was very touching. Ill admit that I cried. I lost my granpa in 9/11. I never knew him. I wás only 3 at the time.
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
SmileyDJingles chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
You did really good on this! I'll never forget that day.

You should write a sequl and have the kid thank Tony after 11 years.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Great fic
Lanea Gisotti chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This was amazing. The way Tony recalled everything to Steve was very touching. Usually one doesn't imagine Mr. Stark as an emotional man, but you somehow kept it perfectly in character. Obviously, this is a very difficult subject, and you handled it well. I was also pretty young at the time of the tragedy, but I remember the details too. I was visiting my aunt, whose NJ apartment was just across the Hudson, and close enough to see everything in detail. I have a photo of my family and I standing right in front of the towers the night before the attacks. We actually had plans to visit and tour the Trade Center that very morning of the attacks, but weren't ready to leave on time, so instead were watching cartoons when the impact occurred, and looked out the windows to a sky full of smoke. My heart goes out to those who were affected. Thanks again for a touching story.
Jenny chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I won't lie, I cried reading your story. I thought it was very touching and appropriate. I'm glad you wrote it. You know I was only 13 then, but it still hurts to think back on that day. It's the reason I joined the AF. Anyway... Good job. :)
Shara Raizel chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
wow... i really liked this story and I'm glad you posted it staring my favorite avenger. You made it really believable and I have no problem imagining Tony actually being there. 9/11 stories really get to me and I have to say that yours is one of the best. You said that a lot of memories came back to you while writing this and well... while reading this story a lot of my own came back to me.

You see I was raised a military brat and come from a family (on my dad's side) of marines with my grandpa being a Vietnam war veteran, and my dad and his 5 brothers all serving in the armed forces (all starting out as marines before going navy or air force). His one sister (my aunt) also married a marine and their oldest son is a marine and just got home from a tour in Afganistan. Their second oldest goes off to boot camp this summer i think.

I was 9 and my family was stationed in California when 9/11 happened. I don't remember much about the actual event, but i remember going to school that morning and being confused because instead of going to class like usual everyone was being assembled in the auditorium. I don't remember what we did (too young to really care and pay attention to the adult speakers) but i knew that something serious had happened and remember that we sang songs like the national anthem and God Bless America. I don't think i ever really understood what happened that day until a few days later when my dad got back from DC/Quantico and explained what had happened to me and my sister. Being a little kid who didn't really know any better I didn't really think much about it until a year later when my dad deployed on the USS Tarowa to Iraq for 9 months. 3 of my dad's brothers were also deployed to different areas in the Middle East around the same time. You can imagine how my grandparents felt with four of their seven children deployed to a war zone.

Sorry! didn't mean to ramble. I suppose that when you read one of these stories be it fan fiction or a real story you always feel like you're being asked "where were you that day?" and feel compelled to answer. For me it's not so much the actual events of 9/11 that strike me, but the events that followed. 9/11 was just the start. that change and twist in life. This was an amazing fan fic and i'm happy to have found and read it. thank you for writing it and again and i'm sorry for bothering you my story, but if you don't mind me asking... where were you during the events of 9/11? ;)

I'd seriously like to know, though. the way you wrote tony's account made me courious as to if you were there yourself since you said that you "remember every detail of it."
Hailey-Stone chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
It's easy to forget that people like Tony would've just as deeply affected as the rest of us. I like the side of Tony you managed to show. TTTT

.:Hailey-Stone, yo:.