Reviews for Never Forget
spk chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
WOW!
redeyesofhell chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Great story, really hit home with the story. I lived in Hawai'i at the time, and I was 2 years old. My mom had carried my brother off to feed him (it was about 3 in the morning because for some reason we were wide awake) my dad was in New Zealand and so it was just us. I was watching Pokemon on the TV when it changed to the news, I just looked at the TV not understanding what happened until my mom came in, saw the news, and started crying. Then when it hit me that I should be sad, I started wailing and so did my brother, until my mom had calmed down enough to calm us down then she put us down for a nap, and continued to watch the news. Scary stuff. I've been to both the Pearl Harbor and 9/11 memorial and both areas are just...haunting is the best word. Like you could feel the sadness and despair even years... Decades later.
marylopez0812 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
So heartbreaking. My birthday september 8 just turn 8yrs old when it happen.
Sir Paulchen of Landers chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Thank you for writing this. This is an amazing story and I am so glad I found it. I am a proud firefighter today partially because of this day. I hope to be able to make even 1/10th if the impact that these men and women made that day.

I was also 11 years old and I too remember this crystal clear and I will always shed tears on the eleventh day of September every year until I die.
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Exactly. You never forget - I was 14, had just gotten out of the shower when my little brother knocked on the bathroom door and told me to come see the news. The first plane had just hit, and everyone was still thinking it was some horrible accident. Then the second hit, and we knew it wasn't. Then the pentagon and Pennsylvania - and I will always consider those passengers among the greatest of America's heroes - and my family and I just sat, stunned. Eyes glued to the news, all day. I distinctly remember one thought coming in through the haze and numbness: "You have no idea. Whoever you are, why ever you did this, you have NO IDEA what you just started."

I can only imagine how those actually there must have felt, such as Tony and that poor little boy. And Steve, this must have hit him like a punch in the gut...
Benni Clark chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I know this is late, but I've just discovered your story, and it was amazing. I think there should be a follow up where Tony meets Sammy again.
I don't really remember 9/11 that clearly because I was only four, but I've read a lot about it and seen a lot of documentaries. I think you really captured that day and how it affected, and still affects, people. Again, amazing job.
-Benni Clark
Randompersonality chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
You seriously made me cry with this piece. Thank you for writing it.
This Grill is not a Home chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I legit was sobbing. This brought back memories. I remember at the time I was only three, and medad had left the news on before going to work,and my mom came into the living to find me sitting in front of the TV, crying. She yelled at me to turn that movie off. I shook my head, crying harder saying 'It's not a movie mommy, it's the news.' I had gotten up and pulled her over, pointing out the towers.
VampireApple chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I cried a little, reading this. I will always remember where I saw, and that I was doing that September day.
someclassyusername chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This was very touching. Ill admit that I cried. I lost my granpa in 9/11. I never knew him. I wás only 3 at the time.
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Wow...just...wow.
SmileyDJingles chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
You did really good on this! I'll never forget that day.

You should write a sequl and have the kid thank Tony after 11 years.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Great fic
Lanea Gisotti chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This was amazing. The way Tony recalled everything to Steve was very touching. Usually one doesn't imagine Mr. Stark as an emotional man, but you somehow kept it perfectly in character. Obviously, this is a very difficult subject, and you handled it well. I was also pretty young at the time of the tragedy, but I remember the details too. I was visiting my aunt, whose NJ apartment was just across the Hudson, and close enough to see everything in detail. I have a photo of my family and I standing right in front of the towers the night before the attacks. We actually had plans to visit and tour the Trade Center that very morning of the attacks, but weren't ready to leave on time, so instead were watching cartoons when the impact occurred, and looked out the windows to a sky full of smoke. My heart goes out to those who were affected. Thanks again for a touching story.
Jenny chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I won't lie, I cried reading your story. I thought it was very touching and appropriate. I'm glad you wrote it. You know I was only 13 then, but it still hurts to think back on that day. It's the reason I joined the AF. Anyway... Good job. :)