Reviews for The Parting of Ways
mckydstarlight chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
*cries You write both Sherlock and Mycroft beautifully.
O'Donnell chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
There is so much I love about this story; Mycroft and Sherlock at their prickly best, the understatement of the emotion,the logic, the very situation itself. And Molly being Molly. Such a wonderful dtory arc.
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Beautiful.
Nomad1 chapter 1 . 2/17/2016
Ooh, I like this. Very nicely done.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
I love your characterisation.
becgate chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Great missing scene! !
VioletErin.26 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
wow very nice. thank you for writing this. I am so happy how you wrote this.
The Beautiful Filth chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
I love the brotherly moments between Mycroft and Sherlock. Very well-portrayed.

-Chris
Devoregirl chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
I believe that this is one of the rare instances when one strikes gold when they least expect it. Brilliant story, perfectly in character yet still portraying the angst that fits the occasion. Even Sherlock crying seems natural instead of overdone. Well written, kudos to you!
Gonzo76 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
This is absolutely wonderful. :-)
je-kay24 chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
This was really touching. The way you played an emotional Sherlock and Mycroft was excellent. They both are used to being solitary and even though they care for each other they don't enjoy showing it no matter the circumstances.

Excellent story.
Qapleulia chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
That was nice.
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Beautiful. I love how you have Sherlock and Mycroft interacting here. There's not enough of that in fanfic, especially when they're not snipping at each other :-) Very in character. You also struck a wonderful balance between the heavier emotions of grief and loss and the lighter moments of humor. Several great-one liners:

"Sherlock, thirty years later, I still maintain my inability to predict your throwing yourself out of a tree does not make it my fault," Mycroft said.

"Is it odd that our family has an established code phrase for 'I'm pretending to be dead'?" Sherlock asked.

And this exchange was absolutely wonderful:

Mycroft smiled at this, because there was a flash there of the Sherlock he knew and it gave him hope that he might not be broken forever. "Do you really want them to give up on you?" he asked.

"I want them to be rational and keep themselves safe," Sherlock snapped. "I've done a lot for them, the least they could do is hate me."

"You know, Sherlock, I've known you since the day you were born and I don't think I'll ever understand how your mind works," Mycroft said.

"You won't. It's far too complicated for lesser men to comprehend," Sherlock replied.

Mycroft couldn't help but laugh at that. Sherlock smiled a bit and then laughed softly himself.

Just outstanding.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
The feels!They are getting to much wonderfully written sadness. Great story lubricant great job showing how hard this was for both of them. Molly too
solisandluna chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This story was brilliant. Well done for keeping all the characters in check, all of them were well written. I love Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship in this and little things like Mycroft remebering the collarbone. Wonderful story.