Reviews for The Day he was Pushed to Far
slytherinsal chapter 30 . 3h
I'd have said it was exactly the way Hermione would deal with it. She would watch the blood well up with academic interest in the way it forms droplets then pools proving that SHE is still alive and her arteries and veins working just fine because she wants to know that she hasn't died a little bit with her friend. And concentrating on watching the blood patterns takes away the need to think about why the cuts were made in the first place. I think you've handled teenage breakdown and grief very well indeed.
Tears as I read this
bookgirl113 chapter 15 . 5/29
Oh no, the boy dying here instead of being kissed by a Dementor! Seriously, why are they all horrified when they wanted his soul sucked out? Some people, smh.
NewRome123 chapter 35 . 5/18
Just thought of something. If Harry is only 15 how does he have the prince book for Ron to get the spell from?
hisnhers chapter 38 . 5/5
This was not a topic that was going to be easy to resolve. I thought about it more than once myself. seriously considered it. This fic had me crying and remembering how I felt then and how much I would have missed out on if I had taken my life. I am truly blessed. That doesn't always occur to teenagers who are bullied mercilessly. we only see the minute by minute drudgery and cruelty for the sake of 'you exist therefore I torment you.' I completely understand you needing to step back from this. I do hope you come back and finish this. It's more cathartic than you realize for some of us, but if it's still triggering you, then step back as long as you need. Just, if I may offer this advice, don't deny it by ignoring it too long. Whether in fic form or counseling because there IS a way through. There is an after right here on this earth. There is never 'perfect', but there is 'better' and there is peace of mind. I never would have believed this as a teen, but I get it now. You and those who are affected by these thoughts are in my prayers. his
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 38 . 3/8
It's unfortunate the story ends unresolved but you tackled a tough topic. These students need help. It would be nice to see help come. I don't think anyone has written a story quite like yours.

I usually solve Harry's problem with Umbridge by having him change schools. In "Flight to Durmstrang" Harry gets asylum with Germany and Bulgaria. There is no replacement for Igor Karkaroff so Viktor Krum is made Highmaster (At Durmstrang the official title for the headmaster in Highmaster as mentioned in Goblet of Fire.)

Viktor gets Harry off the coast of England and he is enrolled at Durmstrang and seriously considers never returning.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 28 . 3/7
So do we bring in a foreign healer or let a Muggle psychiatrist in on the secret word of wizards and have the psychiatrist talk to Harry? I favor the Muggle psychiatrist.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 23 . 3/7
Harry is on very thin ice. If Fudge comes snooping around he's dead as are Remus and Sirius
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 22 . 3/7
This whole scheme is falling apart fast. Harry probably better go abroad to finish his schooling
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 21 . 3/7
The staff needs to be understanding. Emmerson needs to keep his profile low.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 19 . 3/7
When we are cruel to someone and they die we feel grief.

I do think the staff needs to stop addressing the students as children or child. They should use students, or the last or given names.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 16 . 3/7
If I were Sirius I'd be more concerned about why Harry had to change than who he looked like. Harry should keep in mind that fudge wanted him kissed without a trial and keep a low profile.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 15 . 3/7
I take it a Doppelganger of Harry has been created and that it died. I notice Fudge wanted to have Harry kissed without a trial.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 14 . 3/7
Its five in the morning and I've been reading your story since I picked it up at two am and have been anxiously reading it to to see how it will play out. This is the first time I've stopped to review.

I don't think to many authors have gone the homicide with Umbridge route but I thought about it the first time I saw Order of the Phoenix. Were I Harry I don't think I would have needed a weapon other than my bare hands.

You've created quite a situation here. Legally Harry is a murderer even though Umbridge isn't much of a loss. In real Muggle life this is clearly a mess as Harry would be tried for murder and attempted murder. There's also a matter of a weapons charge and in some jurisdictions attempted suicide is a crime. (I have assumed that the government allowed Vernon to have weapons because of some danger to his life, maybe even Death Eaters.)

In real life, with the extent of Umbridge's abuse, someone was going to strike out hard. The question is not if. It's who and how.

In Cannon Hermione led Umbridge to a herd of angry Centaurs who abducted her and carried her away. Who's to say she didn't plan it and as angry as the Centaurs were they could have killed Umbridge. After having Umbridge boasted about setting the Dementors on both Harry and Dudley would she not feel justified? Who would be next, her and her parents?

Umbridge was no better than a terrorist. In fact, I view her as a terrorist. She ended up doing more damage that Bellatrix LeStrange. How many Muggle-borns died on Diagon Alley? Azkaban? How many had ruined or damaged mental health?

Through the wizarding war where were the Muggle Prime Minister and the Queen? They both knew about the unseen magical world that had spilled all over their own. It was their duty to act.
Millie chapter 14 . 2/15
Flamers have no! Can't think of a word to describe idiocy. I've been crying for an hour over this story. It makes complete sense. Rowling was completely out of it. No kid goes what she put her character through and comes out normal. Perhaps the abuse wasn't explicit in the books, but locking a child in a cupboard too small for him to stand upright is abuse plain & simple! Why he didn't crack in the 2nd yr is unrealistic. Letting everything build up inward is normal for a child. What is surprising is why more students don't crack. As excellent job as JKR did building her world, she didn't deal with a great many plot holes.. This story is just facing a few facts. Flamers who can't comprehend this should use the X in the right hand corner. Thanks for reading my rant.