Reviews for Reclaiming the Past
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Speechless amazement, deep concern, sad enchantment, thoughtful wonder... I would like to write you more, because this beautiful story deserves it, but I feel somehow unable to explain how much I like your interpretation of visiting Dol Guldur and finding out, what happened to golden-eyed maia. Connections of Olorin vs. Mairon and Manwe vs. Melkor is nice detail. Difference between strategic seduction of past and brute strenght of now-days was quite interesting. Gandalfs thoughts were very precious and final part of leaving without harm because of past... That was so touching! I think still more and more, that genre of Tolkiens world and many ff is not fantasy, but tragedy.
IstariWho chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Yikes!
that is a rough story!
hannon-le!
Sarah Maxime chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Wow. I never thought about the very real possibility of Olórin/Gandalf and Annatar/Sauron being brothers. Very intriguing story.
Also, Sauron's name was originally Annatar, not Mairon.
gginsc chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
How sad!
Certh chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Quite nice. Lovely portrayal of emotions.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
My favorite part of this has to be the comparision of the straight-up brutality of the Necromancer to the far subtler scheming of Anatar. Don't get me wrong, the whole story was good, but it's watching Sauron fall into Stupid Evil that really seems like the meta cherry on the cake as well as the last straw that broke their bond.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
That was so deep, Skye! I loved getting a closer look at this incredibly fascinating element of your universe. Gandalf's thoughts about having to fight against his brother (like Manwë- what a connection!) and then to their transformation into his realization that the figure before him is no longer his brother at all, were truly powerful! Great work!

-Crackers :D