Reviews for A Scandal in Baker Street
Roaring Typhoon chapter 26 . 9/5
I love your writing so much, the sheer joy and accuracy you put into your work really shows.
padfootl0ve chapter 18 . 7/9
Loving the Princess Bride reference. In fact, loving all of the little hidden refrences
padfootl0ve chapter 15 . 7/9
Okay. Evanna Lynch is officially my absolute favorite pick for a female doctor. It would be absolutely brilliant
Prince Pondincherry chapter 27 . 7/1
Wow, I got so much from the second and third lines of this chapter. Apparently Jamie is the reason Rolf went to Ithaca to look for dragons! Cool! I'm also glad the Potter kids are together.
Newt was great.
I guess I came up with the wrong crackpot theory about Sally-Anne Perks. But Hermione doing a Stupefy on the Hogwarts Express in First Year? I know it's Hermione, but that's ridiculous!
Is Steve Rogers a wizard? What? Or maybe he's a Squib or a Muggle child of someone invited to Dumledore's funeral.
Soo...the only way for meeting Harry and Hermione not to break canon is Memory Charms. Or I guess technically it could be in one of the many timeskips when the book didn't tell us everything that happened every day.
What? How does Jessica have no parents?
(As a side note, I think your stories have me writing the longest comments for them.)
Prince Pondincherry chapter 26 . 7/1
Wow, the Weeping Angels situation is ridiculous. One (at least) got through the Hogwarts wards, which essentially means they can go anywhere they want, particularly with Notice-Me-Not charms.
So the first character from the MCU to show up is...Darcy Lewis. Couldn't have called that one.
Yeah, your canon-ness is the only thing tying this madness together. It makes it awesome instead of ridiculous and terrible.
I love Darcy running from the government conspiracy when she realizes she's in the...what is it, the seat of government or something?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 25 . 7/1
Who the heck is memory charming them? Is the dropped Resurrection Stone somehow running an orphanage of dead people hidden by Notice-Me-Not charms? But why? And who? Wait, Luna obviously has something to do with it. But why?
Minerva's reaction was great! "Tell me you aren't this ridiculous" and the eternal detentions! I totally thought of the detentions meaning he couldn't quit before she mentioned it, too.
Of course Luna would know about the Infinity Gems, it fits perfectly.
Dang it, more ominous, confusing plots! I am so glad I'm not a character in this story, I'd be as frustrated as Harry and Sherlock seem to be all the time.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 24 . 7/1
I don't understand how the Elder Wand works properly for Rowling. She didn't actually win it off Harry in a fight; he gave it to her. Under duress, sure, but that only debateably counts.
Oh, so that's what you meant last chapter about Harry's real job! Brilliant!
Yep, Moriarty's plots are still confusing. Neat to know that the bloody stick figures were for a ritual, though.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 23 . 7/1
Wow, you actually went there and make a "JK Rowling is bad at maths" joke.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 22 . 7/1
Took the Doctor long enough to figure out what John was talking about! And I'm glad I kept reading this today, there's no way I would have remembered their first meeting if I had to wait months between chapters.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 21 . 7/1
Oh, it was the end. Okay. I just expected Book 2 to be a different story.
What's up with the Felix Felicis thing?
Oh, come on, Voldemort had better not come back to life AGAIN!
Not the MCU! This story was insane enough already!
Wait, isn't Jack Harkness from another story? Wouldn't that make 5?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 20 . 7/1
Oh, now I recognize why what Anthea did sounds familiar. You joked about doing the same thing with Sherlock Holmes in one of your Author's Notes!
I'm pretty sure being hit by that many stunners at once is really dangerous. Remember McGonagall?
I've no idea what Rowling's "original society" is that she desired to be reformed.
Nope, I have no guesses as to what that might be. I just don't know enough media well enough to know the dates. I mean, there's one ridiculous hope, but that's just because it's a show I'm obsessed with, and it seems unlikely.
This really feels like an end. I'm a bit confused, though, so maybe that feeling is exhaustion more than closure. Still, can't stop myself from reading more.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 19 . 7/1
Mycroft's description is great. "The child used accidental magic to create life from nothing." Marvelous.
So now Moriarty is making Doctor Who references with "Pandorica"? What?
So Rowling has Harry's memories. I actually never thought of how Anthea could possibly have written the books, but this makes some sense now.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 18 . 7/1
I'm pretty sure "colloportus" is the opposite of "alohamora."
I still don't understand where the time went. Were they unconscious for a really really really long time after being kidnapped, or were they stuck in the Department of Mysteries for way longer than it seemed? Or did I just miss something about their use of time turners and the other stuff in the time room?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 17 . 7/1
Yeah, the sudden Fourth-wall breaking was very weird. As are all the hints you've thrown around that Anthea is actually Rowling. But I'm withholding judgment; you're a good enough writer that you might be able to pull it off.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 16 . 7/1
I wonder what happened to Anthea.
I LOVE that Harry is Head Auror & Undesirable Number One, that's great!
How have you left the kidnapees wandering in the Department of Mysteries for so long without telling us what they're up to? You're cruel, I tell you!
That was one of the best big reveals I've ever read. I love how having them all shout at each other turns a potentially boring scene (people explaining past plot points) into one of my favorite scenes in this story. Plus Sherlock is just great at exposition.
I love how Sherlock doesn't know what he's wanted for.
This has to be the first story I've ever read where someone talked over THEMSELF in a conversation!
Why can they trace Harry's magic? The Ministry couldn't trace the magic they used in Deathly Hallows! It was a major plot point!
Hmm, that ending was worrying.