Reviews for A Scandal in Baker Street
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 8/8
Interesting idea and plot and chapter
KK chapter 4 . 7/9
I actually agree with you. There are plenty of examples of Harry being brilliant in his own right through out all of the books. Some examples of reading body language, bluffing and piecing together a full story are:
The descriptions: Consider that everything described in the books is a third person view of Harry's own mind, (except for the few chapters he's not in) which would explain why the narration knew what a playstation was but each magical incident has to be described because Harry didn't know. If you accept that then every description of the characters is what Harry notices about them and usually the descriptions are well thought out and include quality of clothing, general activities, basic personality and behavior as well.

Bluffing: my favorite example of this comes from the first book. While they are sneeking off to save the stone they run into Peeves before they even reach Fluffy and Harry pulls a fast one, pretending he's the Bloody Baron, and PEEVES believes it.

Peicing things together, well most of the books have some sort of mystery involved. But my favorite, most Holmes like examle is also from book one where he puts together the dragon egg, hagrid, music and whatnot to realize that someone is going to steal the philosophers stone. If you read that section it's a jump of logic that screams detective potential.

So while I do, like you, believe Sherlock would be a lot smarter, Harry would be far from a goldfish.
Roserayrose chapter 18 . 4/4
"Are you kidding me?" John yelped. "That was nonsensical"
My thoughts after this chapter ALSO ummm what the fuck is THIS line?
Mary wolf-whistled. "Who doesn't love a bit of yaoi"
that's the grossest and my fetishizing thing I've read together i feel ill and vaguely nauseous and really angry
if i were Sherlock i would punch Mary holyyyyy sshhhiiiittt that's so bad. omg. you, the writer,. Need To Understand her saying that Is Homophobic.
It's so bad! what the fuck! fuck! im dying!
i dont think i can continue this story which is a shame since i was originally inspired by it and impressed and awed but now... reading that felt like a hurtful slap. im gay and if some bitch told me "haha who doesn't love some yaoi" when i kissed someone i would die of embarrassment. it's terrible. It's mean. It's fetishing and homophobic and im not even going to waste my breath explaining how bad it is u can do your own research
(Im still screaming. I can't believe my eyes that i just read that in the year of 20gayteen what the fuck. please. dont do that. hhhnnnnnggggggg)
Roserayrose chapter 17 . 4/4
gotta admit, im lost. rory and anne or whatever her name is? they dont follow the rules of the hp universe and dont click with the story. idk how they exist, how they know who rowling is, and im honestly expecting alternate universes with jk rowling and stuff appearing. it's all very confusing!

I love everything else though - Harry and Sherlock and their crew works very wel! I believe this was written before season 3 which explains why mary is a giggly, exciteable girl instead of a formidable assassin
Roserayrose chapter 16 . 4/4
There's something deeply amusing and fascinating abt you talking abt peter capaldi (i think that's his name) being chosen as the doctor instead of a woman or someone else like ! i come from the future with good news for u bud
Roserayrose chapter 15 . 4/4
ohhh nooo ginny, sweetie, i love u but go apologize to ur dumb husband
Roserayrose chapter 13 . 4/4
hOLY SHIT ! THE RISE OF TENSION AND CHAOS WAS AMAZING IN THIS CHAPTER IM DYING
Roserayrose chapter 5 . 4/3
jdfkfjjffkfkf harry saying he isn't gay, boi is so bi it kills me he doesnt realize djfjfjf i love him
SeanHicks4 chapter 28 . 3/25
Interesting plot, until it got too big and complicated.
Sindhuja chapter 28 . 3/20
this story just updated and I have no idea what this is... I'm not sure if I have even read it or not, but I love the sickening lament! I'll have to come back to this one later... I'll have to figure out where I left off... best of luck! I love your writing style and your Ron!
deadmarch20 chapter 11 . 7/5/2017
Err actually magical glamour is exist. In deathly hallows, after hermione changed to lestrange, she charmed ron to have beard and long hair. Just saying
lalachoa chapter 17 . 10/5/2016
I was surprised with Amy and Rory. I missed them. A cameo on a potter-Sherlock crossover was a blast!
Roaring Typhoon chapter 26 . 9/5/2016
I love your writing so much, the sheer joy and accuracy you put into your work really shows.
padfootl0ve chapter 18 . 7/9/2016
Loving the Princess Bride reference. In fact, loving all of the little hidden refrences
padfootl0ve chapter 15 . 7/9/2016
Okay. Evanna Lynch is officially my absolute favorite pick for a female doctor. It would be absolutely brilliant