Reviews for Out of Dust
EclipsetheCat chapter 2 . 11/23/2012
Woah... cool.
AnonymousIncognito chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
Hmmmm, looks interesting. I'll have to keep my eues on this one.
Heart of the Demons chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
Hi, TL. You really got Panthera nailed this chapter. She feels torn between loyalty to Mumm-Ra and herself, and throughout her hesitation, she gets a promotion. Having a best friend in a fellow cat, Scratch, was good for Panthera till Scratch gets transferred to the breeding ship. Life under Mumm-Ra's rule is NEVER easy.
Perentie Fan chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I find it interesting this story came out the day before the Thundercats episode that explained more about the past and why Leo rebelled against Mumm-Ra. I wonder if you will be incorporating any of that?

Of some interest was how we saw Mumm-Ra did not rule simply through cruelty. Leo believed he sought to bring order to chaos by conquering everyone (a mistake the Thundercats would make themselves in the far future when they came to dominate and conquer other species) and that it wasn't his place to judge him, right up until he saw Mumm-Ra destroy three inhabitated planets for the sake of power that is.

In retrospect of that episode, I find it harder to review this fic fairly, if only because it depicts the cats suffering more than they seemed to in the show. Mumm-Ra might have "culled" cats, but one needs to consider that of all the animals who served him they were basically the second in command after him, the only ones allowed to always roam free of forcefield cages.
koolkame chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
You really showed how miserable life would be like under Mumm-Ra and gave Leo some strong motivation to rebel. A great story with no faults I could find, nice work.
Heart of the Demons chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Yet another awesome "ThunderCats" story idea you came up with, this time dealing with the histories of Leo and Panthera. The first chapter focuses on Leo and his ascension to one of Mumm-Ra's loyal servants. Yes, Panthera's name is mentioned. That's why she and Leo are the focus of the entire story. Anzu Fan has out a "ThunderCats" story that also focuses on Leo and Panthera called "Ballad of the Night." I read up on it and loved it. I suggest you give it a read too.
VixenVampirechick chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
As usual an amazing job, so very grim and bleak, a realistic telling of what it was probably like living under Mummra. I don't read much Thundercats fiction as I like to keep my stories fresh from influence but I confess yours were highly recommended and never disappoint.