Reviews for and so the hero falls
alarics chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
this was, quite simply, /flawless/. your writing is stunning, and as you spoke about alaric letting down elena's parents a little part of me cracked inside. i am in tears right now, because this, this, this was utterly stupendous.
xbecbebex chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
NOPE TOO SAD NOPE
Lovely Rain Dancer chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Oh my gosh.. Why'd you have to make me cry with this? It's the first time I've ever really earnestly cried for a fic, but god dammit, this was too... It was a perfect heartbreaking tribute.
Alarics Wife chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
OMFG

This is sooooooo awsome

I love it soooooooo much, GREAT WORK!

I was so sad when Alaric dies and i hoped he find his way to Jenna.

Your fanfic is best i ever read!

queenofserendipity chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Um, uh, there are no words to explain how beautiful this is. It puts me at peace reading your fanfiction, knowing that Jenna has led Alaric into the light. Please don't ever remove this story. x
Xo.LovelyWonder.Xo chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
When Alaric died, the real Alaric that we know and fell in love with, I was so heartbroken and cried my eyes out during it. He was a character we fell in love with, the real unspokentrue hero. That you made him find Jenna in the end. And he was gna propose. I love this.

Rip ric.
Serinity Clearwater chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Can't believe they killed Ric :,( !
my best enemy chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
omg this was gorgeous, you captured ric so perfectly!
This Is My Escape chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This killed me. Well done.

Damon catches him, sinks to the ground with him, whispers it's okay, Ric, we'll figure it out. We always do.

It's okay, Stefan says, we all have our demons. Some of us, he looks down in shame, more than others.

It's okay, Elena says, we know it wasn't really you. We know you didn't mean it. We know you.

It's okay, Jeremy says, I promise it'll be okay. I promise.

It's okay, Bonnie says, I'm trying to fix it. I'm trying.

It's okay, Caroline says, I forgive you.

It's okay, Jenna whispers in his dreams, you're coming home to me soon.

Tears galore. I'm going to miss Alaric so much.
Clarissa chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This was perfect! Ill admit it brought tears to my eyes. Alaric will be missed.
Phyrfli chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
beautiful :)
LastDayOfMagic chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
This made me cry. It's a beautiful homage to Alaric, and that Jenna was the one to greet him after he died. And i like that you made it so that his true self was trapped inside his body, knowing and recoiling against what his dark side carried out.
The Dark I Know Well chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
This is so beautiful, so beautiful. I just don't know what to say, I'm quite overwhelmed by the story right now. I love it and it so tragic and all so true. That part about the ring for Jenna, it is wonderful. You have no idea what I would give for being able to seem them alive and happy together.

Actually the first line and how you explain that first line, is probably my favourite part of the story. It is a bit poetic.

I really hope that you are right and that he at least is with Jenna on the other side, so they can at least be together in that world, since the real one was not very generous to them.

I could write on and on about this story without being able to tell you how much I love it, so I'll just leave it at this: this is one of the most beautiful and heart-breaking stories I have ever read here.
pariswindspeed chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Jesus Christ

As if you're allowed to creep into my heart and rip and tear it to shreds. How dare you.

Fucking tears, prettypinklips. Nasty, fat tears that are falling down my face because Alaric did not deserve all of the darkness. He tried so hard for the good in him; he tries for himself, Elena, Jeremy, Jenna, everyone.

If Alaric Saltzman is anything - he's a fucking hero.

So thank you for this. Because it was beautiful and it was tragic and heartbreaking and haunting and askjbgfasbhfsaldk

The end. I cannot even with how perfect it is and how much peace it brings to him and UGH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

/bows down to you

-a.
LilyThorn chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I'm crying right now that's how freaking good this was. Alaric was one of my favorite characters and you did him justice.