Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
Pom Rania chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
This was extremely relevant to my interests 3
Thrudgelmir2333 chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
It was a good ending. The whole story made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I remember you saying that you couldn't use Shiryu very well compared to the other Saints back in LYKM, but you've really done a good job with all the inhabitants of Rozan in this story. Lately I've been paying special attention to romance writing and drawing for my own growth and I really enjoyed reading this, even if the story doesn't actually makes the two of them take the next step in their relationship or anything.

I did think, however, that the answer to the origami puzzle would be a bit more complex. I really liked the way he figured out the painting but, while I recognize that, if I wrote this story, I wouldn't come up with a better answer for the origami, to me it still felt a bit anti-climatic. Fortunately, you can totally look over this small complaint of mine, because there's a very good lesson behind both challenges and it still made me think a lot about it.

The overall dialog and narration were really good. Asides from what I already mention in the first chapter's review, I really liked Shiryu's line of being ready to see nothing else for the rest of his life if only he could see Shunrei's painting in this chapter. At this point, I could practically feel his frustration and despair. There were other countless little things that also helped to really depict the trouble he's having and how distraught he is spread throughout the story, and all done in a good way that doesn't force the perspective on the reader. That last line of Shiryu just before the epilogue was also a really great one. If Shunrei was already blushing before, she must have melted with this.

PS: While it is a great touch to the chapter, and one that I also liked, did you know that blind people don't usually have the habit of feeling people's faces?:)
Thrudgelmir2333 chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
It was very interesting to read how Shiryu adapts to his situation and how Shunrei does everything she can to make him as comfortable with blindness as possible. You can tell just from the amount of things she does for him how much she cares about him. When I watched this as a little boy, I had limited access to the episodes and was always forced to skip a few, but I never forgot how much I dreaded the episodes where Shiryu struck blind. I remember thinking that this was one of the most awful things that could happen to someone. Reading this chapter, I just kept thinking how lucky Shiryu was for having Shunrei by his side.

As I read both this story and "Enter the Dragon", I also took note of the amount of times you mention the lesson Shiryu learned from Seiya during their fight. I actually did notice this on him as I rewatched the series. While it is not touched anywhere else (including fan work that I already know of), I think it added a nice touch to this chapter.

Your Dohko is well done in his mystery. He fells like a wise old man but also like someone you don't want to disappoint or make angry. When I first read his challenge, I really felt lost like Shiryu did and wondered how he would figure it out. It really made me anxious for the last part.

It was a good chapter, even better than the prologue despite lacking any part that touched me in particular like the first one, but I think you named the next Chapter as "3" while naming this one as "1".

Thrudgelmir2333 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I actually remember reading a few bits of this story back in January when it got available in SESA, but, although I found it interesting, I was busy back then with my 1st Semester exams and kind of entranced by LYKM's reaching its ending so I never really read this through. But I can trust you to do a great job with your stories and it didn't disappoint me. This is one of my favorite couples in Saint Seiya and I never really read anything about it until now.

I actually liked very much the way it starts. The part that got to me the most was reading Shunrei's emotional stress as she tried to find Shiryu's hospital. The way things kept getting in her way, even though told and not shown, as she felt more and more worried really got to me for some reason. So, when Shiryu notices her in the room and Shunrei wonders if it was a miracle, I specially liked the ending line because It just felt like Shiryu's answer crushed her hopes that he was going to be alright after all that stress.

It also kind of makes sense that he had to undergo eye replacement surgery. In the anime, it feels like he crushes his eyes rather than simply blinding it Gold-Saint-style. Considering that the series are supposed to take place somewhere between 1985-1995, it impressed me how the Kido corporation already had access to such avanced experimental technology.

Anyway, I liked this start very much.

bronze andromeda shun chapter 3 . 5/22/2012
I liked this story a lot. I have always liked these two as a couple, and am glad that you wrote this.

Heh heh, my story is next! Yay!
0Prolific0Change0 chapter 2 . 5/15/2012
Very nice start :). Shiryu & Shunrei fics are practically an endangered species on fanfiction. I'm looking forward to what you write next!
bronze andromeda shun chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
I like this story! It's really interesting to see what happened while Shiryu was away at China, getting treated. Hope you update soon!