Reviews for The Weakest Link
SableTable chapter 28 . 6/1
One of the best stories I have read in a while!
White Weasel chapter 31 . 1/17
It's so weird to think that this story is over, but after everything I feel that this was a very good end to it. The IceLat was adorable as always and I liked how you showed how they helped each other heal. I really liked the DenEst you put in here as well.

Sealand realizing why nations hate talking about their deaths was really good and also how he just wasn't the same kid that he was prior to the incident. It hurt my soul just a bit.

Overall, I want to thank you for writing this amazing story and giving me so much to remember from it.
Poisonlilie chapter 30 . 1/16
I caught up! Normally I don't like reading horror (it makes my legs feel weird and tingly) but the ending was very satisfying. I feel so bad for the four nations that were captured, but I'm glad they got a happy ending. Wonderful story and I hope you write the epilogue soon!
PS: please send me Fletcher's body on a platter so that I can bring him back to life, then send to 2ps to go torture him till he dies a horrible, gruesome death :)
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 30 . 1/15
Wow, it's nearly over. I can scarcely believe it. You've been writing this since before we even met each other, and it's finally coming to a close. I can't find the words to say how proud of and happy for you I am. Writing is NOT easy, especially not when you have so much on your plate, and yet you've found the stamina and strength to weave this incredibly dark, epic and moving tale. FANTASTIC job. This is a real accomplishment that you should always be proud of. I may even be preparing a little congratulatory gift for you~

Never fear about the IceLat; I thought it was adorable. Slow and gentle and hesitant, but beautiful. I really like how it started out with Latvia acknowledging that their closeness was partially brought about by necessity, and asking if Iceland really did want anything to come of it. I don't know why, something about that just touched me - Latvia's vulnerability and honesty, I guess. And then, of course, Iceland reassures him that he truly wants to be his. Awww~ I'm glad that this is starting to heal the psychological wounds Fletcher left, though of course it will definitely take a long time for the mental scars to go away, if they ever do. That sick bastard. He may have damaged Latvia horribly, but it will NOT be irreparable.

Thank goodness for Norway decking Hauksson! I hope that guy faces some repercussions for what he (probably) did to Estonia's president...

I like Estonia showing the wounds to Lithuania but not to Latvia. I'm glad he didn't because Latvia has enough on his plate right now without knowing how one of his best friends was abused in a similar way. Lithuania is upset, of course, but he can still handle it; Latvia might not be able to.

Ha, I'm glad that White was killed. A good way to introduce Amelie as ruthless and capable without making her unlikeable. America's interaction with her was sweet, and I feel like it emphasizes the running theme in this story: that the human side of the nations, as opposed to making them weak, is what gives them their true strength, and it shouldn't be stifled. I also like how Amelie possessed Alfred's drive to be a hero, but in a darker way. (Well, not *that* much darker if you take into account American history, but let's not complicate things). It's a shame she had to die in the end, but at the same time it feels fitting, like everything the Sunrise Party created is finally gone for good.

Aww, Finland calling Sealand 'warrior' was the cutest thing ever. I can't I'm done
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 29 . 1/15
... It's finally happened. It's here. I've been waiting for this moment for over a year. DING DONG THE BASTARD IS FINALLY DEAD. Straight to hell, I hope, and those vile pieces of garbage Strike and Schramm with him. I know that I'd said before I would have preferred Russia to be Fletcher's killer, but it gave me a massive amount of satisfaction to have Lithuania deal the final blow. He may be sweet, caring, and gentle, but if you fuck with him or his friends one too many times, you will pay the price. In a way, giving Fletcher a merciful death was the best revenge he could have on him, because he refused to sink to Fletcher's level, and deep down inside, Fletcher must have known Lithuania was stronger than him for it.

Anyway, as for the rest of the chapter - I loved seeing my baby Ladislava, short as her appearance was. Thanks so much for using her! It really is funny how different she is from canon!Slovakia; as I've said before, he and canon!Czech are basically my Slovakia and Czech with switched personalities and genders.

Sheesh, what the hell is Strike's problem. She's just so bitter and angry, she acts like she has the right to take it out on everybody else. I'm glad to see her go, dark as it was that she got decapitated with an axe.

And Schramm's down, too! I thought you said England was going to shoot Rodriguez, though? I guess someone had to report back to Crowley to say what happened. Maybe her death will happen in the next chapter.

Ohh, Eduard ... he's been hurt and cheated so many times he can't even believe his rescuers are real. He thinks it's all one more sick test. D: Don't worry, Estonia, you're safe now. Denmark and Lithuania and the others will take care of you. I really loved the bit with Denmark whispering "that he was safe, that he survived, that he was loved." That was so touching. It's over for all of them, now (and I mean that in the best way possible). It's finally over.

I'm glad Stanfield survived (yes, that was his name!). Sealand's so cute, "he's a good guy," aw.

Dun dun dun! Here comes Amelie! Can't wait to see what her role will be in the final chapter!
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 28 . 1/15
Guess who's finally back? Oh my gosh, this was such an explosive chapter (no pun intended), I can't believe it! Everything's happening all at once and I'm so excited! Even though you were worried it's a little rushed; I'm glad you decided to speed things up a bit - as you said on Tumblr, continuing to repeat the same formula would have made things pretty monotonous.

I'm so happy that America, despite the abuse he suffered at the hands of his boss, still managed to recover such vital information. The president was a bit of an idiot for leaving his computer there, wasn't he? Maybe he thought Alfred wouldn't dare defy him after what he dealt out to him. He should have known that Alfred's gotten back on his feet and kept going after facing things A LOT worse than the likes of him. He'll have to try harder than that to break his spirit.

On a less serious note, I giggled a bit at the part mentioning how France looked "centuries old," because he literally is.

I'd completely forgotten that Tarvas had been shot, good god. Hauksson and Asimov are just ruthless, aren't they? Your politician characters are really interesting, and I like how we're able to see Hetalia from a slightly different POV for them. Jansons/Tarvals is pretty cute, too.

Oh god, the bombings and those last tortures. I don't think you'll be able to top this. I can't even say anything anymore; it's just too much pain to even comprehend for the poor nations. How any of them can even function like normal human beings anymore is beyond me. I'll admit, I sort of felt like gagging when Estonia was vivisected again, and especially when Latvia's face was skinned. I don't even want to think about it. And Fletcher's cruel tauntings about Iceland's and Latvia's relationship make it all the worse. Man oh man, I can't wait for justice to be served to that bastard.

Katya's family died? D: AND KATYA TOO? I can't remember if you told me in advance that she was going to die, but if so, I forgot. I had this huge expression of shock on my face when I read that bit; I just can't believe it! I thought she was going to redeem herself and make it out alive! Hopefully the other semi-nice scientist can. (Stanford? Or was that one of the awful ones?)

YES THEY FOUND THEM! AND THEY'RE IN SLOVAKIA! SO THAT'S HOW YOU'RE GOING TO BRING MY OC INTO THE STORY! *Dances* I'm so excited, I'm off to read the next chapter right away!

(Also, does this mean that the scene where they're put into the freezing/heating chambers isn't going to happen? Or did it already and I forgot?)
fightmeilikehetaliafanfiction chapter 30 . 1/13
I can't believe it's done, I'm looking forward to the epilogue whenever you have the time to write it. You wrote IceLat really cutely, so don't worry! And go Norway, you rock!
White Weasel chapter 30 . 1/13
Norway was awesome! No one hurts his little bro and gets away with it! That was great and gave me so much joy.

Awww the IceLat was cute. I think you did a good job with it.

Amelie served a good purpose either her taking out the entire Sunrise Party. I like how you also explained her behavior with the fact that she had other nation's genetics contridicting what she was programmed to be doing.

I can't believe that there's only the epilogue left! I'm really excited for some cute stuff though!
JustMakeLeftTurns chapter 30 . 1/13
I love protective!Norway. I cheered when he punched Hauksson. I think you wrote the IceLat romance well. It didn't come out of nowhere (obviously), and it was gentle but slightly awkward- which I actually liked. While I'm sad to see this story end, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
betsybugaboo chapter 30 . 1/13
White Weasel chapter 29 . 1/12
Fletcher is finally, FINALLY, dead! And I'm really happy that Lithuania was the one who killed him. That scene was so BA that I don't even have words.

The DenEst was really nicely written and cute~ I can see myself low key shipping it.

I'm also really excited to see where this new threat goes. I too, am not a big fan of 2ps but I can see this going well!
JustMakeLeftTurns chapter 29 . 1/12

I liked this a lot! Is that some DenEst? Not my thing, but I like how it's subtle and how it's different from the more popular pairings.

I didn't see that ending coming, though, holy crap. I, too, dislike 2P. But I trust you'll write Amelie well.
betsybugaboo chapter 29 . 1/12
Wow, wham chapter. My poor children have been rescued, and there's a new threat(?). Thanks for updating so quickly, I couldn't wait to see what happened next!
White Weasel chapter 28 . 1/10
Just when I thought that things couldn't get worse for Latvia... That happens. I'm very relieved that the kidnapped nations will be rescued now. They've just gone through so much suffering that they deserve this y'know. I wish I had more to say... But your writing always leaves me so speechless! I'm excited for the next chapter.

(I also just realized that I'm not following this story... I guess I better fix that!)
cornonlecob chapter 11 . 1/9
Ten chapters in, and I think this calls for a quick review because I discovered something. Well...two things...

1) I've been laughing lowly like an insane person the past two chapters

2) My eyes are watery

So! Seeing as I may have just lost my sanity reading this, I commend thee. Good day! *tips cap*