Reviews for The Color of Lilacs
Marina Rose chapter 13 . 2/6
I... I just wanna say that this is one of the best fanfics I ever read. Really. Thank you so much for write it and share with us. I just finished watching Madoka and just wanna enjoy some fanfic about it, but I found this amazing work. You're awesome, author. I really, really like it. Again, thank you. Keeping writing! :DDD
Don'tKillKenny chapter 13 . 11/11/2014
Beautiful story! I'm sad to see it's done because I loved reading it.
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 13 . 11/10/2014
Great ending! This story was great to read.
FoldedHands chapter 13 . 11/10/2014
Congratulations on finishing your longest story, regardless of how long it took to do it! I enjoyed it very much. The chemistry between Sayaka and Kyoko was very sweet and I enjoy reading something that has them so dedicated to each other. I would have liked to know more about what happened a year or two or however many down the road, how life was between them. Although, the more I think about it, the more appropriate it seems to this story to have the epilogue focus on the here and now, because all talk of the future has been pretty bleak. Well, I just hope that things work out between them for a little while, before the inevitable fate of the Magical Girls catches up with them.

Thank you for writing this. It was a pleasure to read.
James Birdsong chapter 13 . 11/10/2014
Good epilogue
Psykoakuma chapter 13 . 11/10/2014
I suppose this epilogue is a goodbye and farewell in more ways than one.
The characters say their goodbye's to each other as the readers do with the story itself.
Funny thing, now that it's too late I wish there had been more time to learn more about Homura's story. It's almost like there was another story going on the whole time and no one really noticed until now.
But anyway, thanks for seeing this story through to the end. It's been a hell of a journey!
P6006873 chapter 13 . 11/10/2014
Well that answers that question. Great story overall, Any plans for more PMMM fan fics?
Psykoakuma chapter 12 . 11/8/2014
Very nice!
This ending has a very weighty feel to it. Everyone has to deal with the fallout in their own way, for some it's more pleasant than others. It makes everything that's happened feel so real and significant. I'm not sure what else to say. I definitely appreciate how they've all grown substantially since the beginning. Everyone seems a little more mature now.
FoldedHands chapter 12 . 11/7/2014
I'm happy to see this chapter come out! As soon as I saw the update I dropped everything else I was doing to read it.
I think this chapter best sums up the emotional tone of the entire story: very bittersweet, and leaning a little more towards the bitter side. I hadn't expected Mami to be so broken inside. I get the feeling that there's nothing out there for her, that she won't find any happiness, and she'll only know peace when Madoka finally comes for her. I hope that isn't the case, though; Mami has never been one of my favorite characters, but damn if she isn't sympathetic in this chapter.
I love your portrayal of Homura. I think it's the most accurate to her character in the show out of any of the fanfics I've read. She's another one that won't find any happiness until she joins Madoka in whatever realm she created for the Magical Girls, but at least she knows that and has something to hope for.
I've enjoyed this story from beginning to end, and I can't wait for the epilogue. Here's hoping things don't take a turn for the worse.
P6006873 chapter 12 . 11/7/2014
While it's sad this is coming to a close, this was 2 years in the making. Reading a story of the division between kyoko and mami was interesting setup but I still see homura as the best girl. Its too bad homura didnt have much explored but it does seem there could be something going on with mami and homura if theyre leaving together. Hopefully that will be answered in the epilogue.
Don'tKillKenny chapter 12 . 11/7/2014
I love this story! I think you've capture the dynamics of Sayaka and Kyouko's relationship and Mami brilliantly. Well done! I look forward to reading the last chapter.
Bianka22 chapter 11 . 10/8/2014
Sorry, but this is just terrible. Kyoko flat out murdering Mami for shitty reasons and when it didn't work Mami just shrugging it off like that? And the end of this chapter is supposed to be happy? Even though for some reason Mami didn't feel the need to tell the others that among them is a lying murderer who will try to kill you if she feels anyone would endanger Sayaka somehow? How are we supposed to buy the happy Kyoko x Sayaka couple if the former attempted to murder one of the latter's dearest friends? I mean Sayaka was already seriously OOC when she shrugged off Kyoko letting a child die like that after a while, but really? This story is well written, but the characters are horrendously OOC.
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 11 . 9/6/2014
Keep it up! I love it!
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I know! Sayaka Miki and Kyoko/Kyouko Sakura!
Psykoakuma chapter 11 . 8/17/2014
Funny you should say that. I'm not sure why you are amazed. I would have been very amazed if anyone thought Mami was still alive. I'm not going to say it's impossible for a magical girl to recover from decapitation because -you know- magic. However, I know of no precedent for such a thing to happen.
I'm also going to echo another review in that it seems highly unlikely that a dog that attacked a girl would be allowed to continue existing. Even if it wasn't put down on the spot it certainly would have been taken away by animal control officers and dealt with later.
Don't get me wrong though, lots of really good drama and action in this chapter. I'm looking forward to the exciting conclusion!