Reviews for Learn to Love
1ToasterKitty chapter 27 . 4/29
Okay, prepare for a long review!

To be honest, this is probably the best story I have read in a really long time. You just captured the characters and wrote them so beautifully! I absolutely adored the plot and the way that you write is so entrancing that it's hard to put down. Like, this is the kind of quality fanfiction I look for in life.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for writing this! It means so much to me that you wrote all this and stuck with the story for so long! It was just so amazing that I read it all in one night. Please continue to write and I hope that you have a wonderful live because you write so perfectly that it should be illegal.
Megan Schoutless chapter 27 . 4/29
this story is so sweet! just found itwhat a shame
Lyra chapter 8 . 3/18
Hi. Your story is amazing. Mostly because of scorpius. And because draco's an amazing father. As I knew he would be. But it's nice to know everyone thinks the same.
Magical Mistress Sarai chapter 22 . 2/24
. the people in the story are behaving stupidly. the OOC is strong. Harry's never been one to let public opinion force his choices, ever. Draco never let's people tell him what to do either, yes he would put scorpius first, but he wouldn't have let Potter just end it, nor would he willingly give up something he wanted just because scorpius was being bratty. he would have seen that there was a reason for the child having a sudden mood swing towards Potter and done something to find out why... it's a five year old for chrissake.
droemmer chapter 27 . 1/13
Wow... it's so bittersweet to see this story end, and while I really like indulging in hp universe fanfics, it's usually alright when they come to an end. This one, however - I was just so in love with the characters. The way you write the children, especially Scorpius and Teddy, the complexity, the personalities. Wow. Children are amazing little people, and me not being a parent or having a lot of children around it happens that I take them for granted. Thank you for writing so respectfully and realistically about them. My god I fell in love.

I saw you got some critiques further out in the story about the beginning stages of their romance and have to say I did feel a little thrown too. I thought the relations between Harry, Draco and Scorpius up to that point flowed very naturally as they learned to be civil with one another, testing boundaries, getting to know eachother better. And then when they suddenly kissed it just happened so quickly. I think what threw me is that I as a reader didn't feel like I got a lot of insight into Harry and Draco's mindsets at the time. However you do have a specific style of writing that relies a lot on actions and dialogue rather than detailing thought processes and emotions for pages on end, so the as the next chapters progressed I didn't mind anymore. And besides, things happening in life doesn't always make perfect sense. Sometimes things happen before I've noticed and things have just changed. It took some time, but as you established their relationship, with it's quirks, volatility, fragility and tenderness, I really started to believe in it.

The conflicts between Draco and the rest of Harrys "family" was handled very well in my opinion. I saw you got a differing responses on how you played it out, some saying they thought the Weasleys were too harsh and some saying it didn't make sense for Hermione and Ron to accept Draco in the least. I have to say I think you wrote it so well! You respected the Weasleys feelings and characters, without making them into horrible, hypocritical monsters. I also like how you wrote Ron and Hermione. I think you kept them as much in character as you could have in this universe.

It was a little heartbreaking to read about Draco's repentance and continued struggles with the ministry. My heart ached for him each time Harry, Theo or the Weasleys or the kids brought up his past actions, but honestly I think it was necessary. It is what it is. I imagine they let up as the years pass? And I loved Draco as a father. The interactions between him and Scorpius is something I'll have to come back to and read again.

I saw someone else pointing out how well you wrote Harry in respect to his complexity, and I agree wholeheartedly. He fits the teacher role perfectly, it really suits his character and makes a lot of sense when you look at his canon history. Of course he loves kids and he's great with them. You captured him so well. His childish nature, his fierceness, his doormat-tendencies, his deep love and caring character, everything. Including his prejudices that he learned to put away. I just want to hug him and protect him as you managed to show his vulnerability in general without writing explicitly. At least that's the impression I was left with. I don't think you ever mention the tolls of the war and all he has had to endure, but between his actions and lines and smiles it's like you can catch a glimpse of it. Amazing.

Sorry, this is getting rather long, but I just loved this so much! I have to tell you that I also loved the way you wrote Ginny and I wish we could see a little more of hers and Harry's friendship. I really don't like when people make her out to be this horrible girl with a herocomplex or whatver.. I think they haven't observed her canon character very well.. While I love Harry and Draco, I love Harry and Ginny too, so I think you handled their separation nicely. It makes sense. And I love that she still has Harry's back even though he fell fore someone as controversial as Draco. Thank you for being respectful.

Last but not least, I want to say that I loooved this fic - I only missed the magic part. I saw you included this a little more later on, but I still would have loved for it to be a bit more visible. However this is your story, you write it the way you feel is best, and it still worked. It would have just given that extra little something.

At last, I am done. I thought I was going to keep it reasonably short but, alas; no. Take it as a testament to how amazing a writer you are! I also bet your an amazing person too, you have such insight into how people work, and such and eye for subtle details. Thank you so much for this story. Hope life is good.
Jayc chapter 27 . 12/11/2016
This is a long one, sorry.

Kid fics are my actual favourite thing ever and yours was no different. You included nice little family units, drarry bickering like an old married couple and the most domestic scenes ever. I loved it all.

Scorp was such an interesting and intricate character, which was clear from the first chapter, even from the first time that he was mentioned directly. You made it so that it was clear that he quite obviously had something going on in his life that made him react the way he did, that it was more than just the 'Malfoy in him' that made him closed off and accidentally rude.

Mal, Scorp, H and Teddy were my actual favourite characters and I just need to rant about what i loved about them. Scorp was sassy, independent, strong, creative, funny, kind, shy, such a perfectionist, anxious and loving. Mal was unbelievably kind (though he tried to hide it), indulgent, sassy, somewhat sad, funny, loving (like he really really loves Scorp) and an absolute drama queen (true to canon ). H was funny, smart, kind, paternal, nurturing, prone to angry outbursts, loving and so very warmhearted. And lastly, Teddy was funny, caring, kind, protective (especially about H), nurturing and so so brotherly, especially towards Scorp.

I always love fics with teacher!H in them, whether it's him teaching DADA at Hogwarts, or the path that you took, teaching children in kindergarten/primary school. I know that canon has him as an auror but that never really fit all that well with me. I understand that he has the need to always be doing something, to not just be sitting around all of the time and i suppose that side of an Auror career fits. But I feel that Harry Potter, with all of his baggage and PTSD, would not, after the war that he fought and lost many people in, be able to throw himself back into the same kind of scenario as before. That's why i think teaching is what he is meant to be doing, not only because canon shows us that he is obviously a good teacher, what with DA and everything. But mostly because it is a job that can easily keep him occupied almost 24/7 while still allowing him to recover from the horrors that he had faced.

The differing narrations flowed so easily and was a nice little way to allow us to see each characters innermost thoughts and feelings.

When they finally had their first kiss I did not expect it to happen like that, at that moment, but it seemed to fit perfectly, and i loved it all the same.

The moments when the Malfoys were sick were all so very adorable and domestic. It was cute to see H looking after them both, him comforting Mal when he got upset about Scorp being sick, the clear affection that Mal and H showed during those times as well as the time when Mal came home from work to see Scorp and H curled up together on the couch. It really showed us the first substantial moment in which both of their affections for the other were clear.

The drama was insane and intense and i will admit that i cried a little over some of it but hey, I've always believed that the sign of a good story is if it can make you feel something. And yours definitely did.

I like how you tied it into canon in that you finished the book with Scorp and Teddy going to Hogwarts before you focused on Mal and H's relationship (which was actually perfect and adorable - the marriage bits, ahhhhhh so cute). It was, in my opinion, a perfect way to wrap everything up.

I just want to thank you for sharing your brilliant writing skills and for writing this amazing piece of work. I absolutely adored every single second of it. xx
Fangirl chapter 27 . 11/19/2016
Your story is absolutely too cute to be true! Everything was was so sweet that I could have cavities! Draco and Harry are so adorable! Love your story!
xX Zeode Xx chapter 27 . 10/24/2016
This story was so damn precious
Badlorchen chapter 27 . 10/16/2016
I love this story!

Thank you so so so so much!
Drarry-Lisa chapter 27 . 9/25/2016
A wonderfulllll story with an excellent ending... I particularly loved 7 year Scorpious in this...
rozamarie-ivashkov chapter 27 . 9/8/2016
I loved this story. Great job on the plot and the ending was just the right amount of perfect.
lillypad625 chapter 15 . 9/3/2016
I really love this story! Although so far I find Harry a little immature. But it's cute and funny!
Nuria Sato chapter 27 . 8/27/2016
I loved every split second I spent reading this! Cried at the split up and laughed at every funny moment. I was actually wishing you'd give us an ending scene of the house Scorpius gets selected into! :D
rayfu06 chapter 27 . 8/24/2016
Im so gonna make u my fav author!
dorkydva chapter 27 . 8/22/2016
I really love your story! Did miss some parts cause of the M-rating tho, hint hint. You write really well and just to come up with it all, Im in love with you as well!