Reviews for Dreaming My Life Away
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Wow...this is...quite interesting.
Boston has always been a character who's hard to wrap my head around...the simple, yet insanely strong brute, forced to bear the brunt of the responsibility of his family. His strong facade already starting to crack as they pull out of the District 10 train station. Him getting baited and teased and manipulated and verbally and emotionally torturted by Aleah. Him killing Vaughn during the bloodbath. His constant protection of Skye and the way he confused Skye and his sister, Vienna. The way he finally cracked and killed two tributes in his anger and rage. Finally getting himself killed by Elia.
Such an interesting character. :)
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Whoa, this is really bizarre. I think I'll choose to interpret it as a dying fever dream.

Good job on the change over of Vienna and Skye's names, it didn't even seem like a mistake from the way it was written. Like, while I was reading the text I could tell it was purposefully done, and it conveyed Boston's confusion well.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Love you Boston. You will be missed 3
lexelial chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This was amazing. It's an amazing ending for Boston, so sweet yet slightly bitter.
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Boston's head could give tracker jacker venom a run for it's money! The trident exploding into snakes was some nice imagery. Liked the gradual sorting of Boston's mind in death - particularly separating Skye from Vienna and submerging that joyfully psychotic persona (which made me sad he let himself be emotionless again). Loved that What if Boston won? was squeezed in. Saving Aleah last for extra special torture totally sounds like Boston. Dead Skye seemed to bounce between childlike and grim, but that may have been Boston sorting her out. Dead Onyx was hilarious with the thumbs up; I found her conversation with Boston about burial really interesting insight into District Ten. Kinda disappointed he chose death over his family, but seems like the logical conclusion to his making the Careers his Games 'family'; they became more real that he loves Skye more than the real Vienna. Props to the author for the good writing, because Boston could have been a boring stoic character that randomly went crazy but his thought process was explained extremely well and the graveyard scene just felt like this cathartic culmination. Also wanted to add that the action sequences in that chapter were awesome!
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This was so powerful, Dan :) so sweet. It was cool to see Boston revert back to sanity - well, sort of.

I loved all the realizations in this chapter, like how he didn't want to go back because his Games family was his real family now. And how "Vienna" was really Skye; I loved the slow name-changing xD

I dunno why, but this one-shot seemed so… calm. And peaceful. I enjoyed it immensely. It was as if Boston had finally found himself. I thought that his between-death-and-life scene - with Onyx and Skye - was really original. Skye was so cute - I'm glad he got to see her again. And Onyx was practically a voice of reason xD

I can't say enough good things about this one-shot. The writing was phenomenal, as well :D keep up the amazing work! This was fantastic, and I'm looking forward to more from you :P wonderful job, and keep up the great work!
pipevine swallowtail chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Oh. Wow. I didn't like Boston before, but like other reviewers said, this changed my opinion of him.

This is so sad! I liked Onyx and Skye in the afterlife (I think it's more of an afterlife than a dream.), and like Gingerclaw, really hope that Roy and Hyre go on to their afterlives, meeting Skye and Onyx, and Nella meeting Aspen if she dies. I also really liked the transformation of Skye from Vienna to Skye. (Did that last sentence make sense? I thought not.)

Anyway, that was really sweet. Awesome job!
Gingehfish chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
*breaks down into happy tears* I never really liked Boston, too creepy, but THAT WAS SO SWEET! :3 I hope Roy and Hyre like the land of the dead when they get there, and that their respective district partners/girlfriends are there to greet them. :3
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Wow, that was weird but really cool. It was awesome writing and a great one-shot.
Frostbloom chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Yay! Boston is back. This chapter was amazingggggggg!

Sorry, I just had a soccer game, and a girl on my team scored our first goal of the season. Pathetic, I know, and we still lost. Ugh. Well, anyways, the misspellings made it all clear, and great chapter!
livesindream chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Oh god. This was amazing. I hated Boston, but I can't anymore. Very well done, good job!
nightfuries chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Awww, Boston! That was amazing Dan, absolutely amazing! I was so freaked out by how Boston went, but then this oneshot completely turned my opinion around! He was so sweet and I absolutely loved the bit with his "family" near the end. Fantastic job!