Reviews for I know the shape your shadow takes
Arekanderu chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This was really great!
TXJ chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
now my heart aches!
Isaha chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Great story ! I found it because I hated the Thane romance in the movie, and thought Sif definitely was the woman meant for him. I loved you've made her challenge him, force him to shatter and let him go. Beautiful story, but what a bittersweet ending...
RoadwayFox chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
loved it! absolutely loved it! i haven't read your other fanfiction (which i'm about to change!) but this one was simply percect: emotional, sticking to the characters (and Thor finally what i wanted him to see), mentions of Loki, Frigga and Odin, especially Odin's grief as a father who's lost his son! all in all, i consider it Perfect!
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This piece is astounding. The prose is flawless, fluid and so delightfully overhwhelming; it was easy to lose myself in it, as well as re-read certain favourite phrases and sentences. I rarely stumble upon an author whom I can call a magician, but you're definitely a magician and you do magic with words.

The emotions you created wept from the page. You really bared both Sif and Thor, but in particular Sif, who lost her heart completely the day Loki fell, it seems. I really loved the style you choose. You focused on one main event - the sparring between Thor and Sif, their way of mourning, of beating themselves out of that strange lethargy of sorrow - and you spiced it up, ever so skillfully and effortlessly, with tidbits from the past.

I also want to commend you for subtly includings bits of Norse mythology into the story, as well as colouring the language with archaic forms of expression. Some actually reminded me of the old Norse sagas, for example, "the sea in its cradle". It's exactly the way skalds and bards expressed themselves in their tales, and you really captured that. And, to put it bluntly, you're one hell of a skald, and I intend to read more from you, gradually.

I really love this piece, both in the emotional and the artistic sense, and it is, easily, one of the best things I have ever read on this site. If you haven't considered it yet, you seriously should: go professional. You have all the necessary attributes of an author, and you're already far better than some published contemporary authors.

Thank you for writing such an incredible piece.
Zohorat chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
You know what you remind me of? An architect. You build things, mold them. The things you build are just...astounding. I'm not making sense, am I? It's 2 am and my heart hurts and my tears are falling. The most touching thing about the story is that the sentiments go beyond simple words and into reality. Every time a person goes through bad things, they break a little. It sucks, walking through life with cracks in you. I guess that is why I like it, because I know, to some extinct, what they feel. God I have to get up in three hours! Must get some sleep.

Thank you.
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Wow...beautiful story. Beautiful prose. My heart goes out to this story. How heartbreaking...and lovely.
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Mira, I could read your work with this pairing forever. So lovely and heartbreaking.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Oh god, that was beautiful! :(
Teres chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I can completely see how this would fit into your Steel-verse. It fits very well and how beautiful a piece this is! And how very sad. I like how you used Sif's broken shield as a physical reminder of Thor, Sif, and Thor's parents' loss of Loki; each in their own way. And, as always, you delivered this in your usual wonderfully articulated manner. I love your writing style - it just fits these characters so very well. Great work!
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Wonderful piece as always :)

Do keep writing!
Darklight247 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Oh goodness, this was just perfect ;_; Expertly-written as always. So moving!
immortalrmy chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Oh that was so good! You are a superb writer and I loved that! You captured both character's perfectly, and all the memories from Sif. Oh I just about died. haha More please!

Becca
Tiger Mother chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I'm glad you liked the film!

But, gosh, Sif's shield! It's such an important part of your verse! But how you used it to parallel Sif and Thor's predicament was quite wonderful. But so very sad.

I liked the style too- I liked hearing of all those moments that I so desperately wished were in the film (Frigg learning of her son's 'death', Thor learning of his brother's heritage), but in a way that didn't detract from the flow of Sif and Thor's sparring. It was very effective :)

Thank you again for a wonderful story, and as always, I look forward to more from you x)
murdur chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Oh my goodness i don't think i can fully articulate how much I love this. Truly heartbreaking and beautiful.