Reviews for straight black lines
CootiePatootie chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Oh you! I'm a sucker for team fics, a bigger sucker for Agent fics (play-dough? Lol). But somehow I'm the most vulnerable of all to these heart-wrenchingly beautiful stories about righting wrongs and of love and friendship and loyalty. You hit all three, so forgive me if the review you deserve is a little lost behind the tears I can't quite see through yet. I'll just have to stick with "mission accomplished."
Qweb chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Stumbled across this story and really liked it. Thanks.
missdark8607 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
And this is why Cap is flipping awesome! Great job and very well written. Instant favorite!
oh-snap-it's-her chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I love this. It wast well written, and most of all, Coulson was alive, so obviously it was destined to be awesome. Great job.
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
So wonderful and perfect that there aren't words to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. Phil, and everybody else for that matter, was perfect and the detail and the cards...just lovely all around. Happy Writing:)
Cretha Loesing chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
The ending was too sweet.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
"A mere alien blade to the back, delivered by a god's hand? He'd gone through worse trying to get Barton to file his paperwork properly." ! That is a great line (true, too). ** Even on the verge of death, Phil analyzes Loki's attack and realizes why it won't work. Missed Phil's heart, Loki's overthinking and has too much hurt, has insufficient conviction, his own worst enemy, etc. Anybody else would just be moaning in pain, but Phil analyzes not only this attack, but Loki's whole strategy. ** Tony bringing shawarma and telling Phil they didn't want to break in a new man in black handler - perfectly in character, as were the Captain America bandages. (Band-Aids gets vexed if you use their brand name as a generic, although not nearly as much as Curad does if you use Band-Aids' name for their product.) ** Lovely handling of remembering Budapest differently. ** "Paperwork ... the unfortunate aftermath of any saving of the world." Too true, too true. As for the cards ... that was beautiful. Excellent story.
jpgFury chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Great fic - I think you fixed that up nicely! I loved the interactions with each of the team and it was such a lovely ending.

( if you can fix what Mr Joss did to poor Wash in Serenity, I'd be eternally grateful and less perminantly traumatised.)
Wolfjackle chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Wow, this was perfect. Thanks for writing it! I really enjoyed it. (Coulson is not dead!)
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Really loved this.
partlysunny chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Nicely done! You've got great talent, keep it up!
zentry chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
I love it,
and so wish that Coulson isnt dead.
StrictlySomething chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Very nice. Good ol' Coulson, he's been around since the beginning.
JustaSchmuck chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Yep, Steve's bit made me tear up a bit.
I feel the same way as you do, about hating that they killed off Phil—he was with them from the start, beginning with Tony—but if you think about it, Earth would have been in Loki's hands. The Avengers crew was pulled together and decided to work together *because* of Coulson, to Avenge him.
But still... #CoulsonLives!
Did you miss Bruce? D: Or maybe I just missed his part...
Great job!
ByrintheBookWookie chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I know how you feel. Avengers had me finally really liking Phil and then they promptly killed him. *shakes fist* And then Whedon and Hiddleston are such devils that they made me like Loki, too. Tsk.

Anyhoo, the way you captured everyone was positively brilliant. Each of them was just as they should be. The thoughts and feelings portrayed were what real people would think and feel. Even though we could only "hear" what Coulson was thinking, I could perfectly see what was going on with everyone else. And the reactions, well, you took them with those and brought our favorite team even more to life. I imagine that that's exactly how one would wake up after an injury like that.

Also, the scene with Cap made me cry.

Aaaaaaaaaand yay shwarma!