Reviews for Beneath The Skin
Heksie chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
What an interesting twist. Hope to see a sequel.
Mollyone chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Nice. I liked it, I love sea creatures!
kanabaka1 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
This is officially my favorite creature!Harry story. I like that the pairing is unconventional. And i love that harry is a creature that makes sense. the problem i have with other creature stories is that i highly doubt it would go unnoticed that Lily was a vampire or some dragon hybrid. So a selkie definitely works for me. Great story!
WereBunny87 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I am in love with this on so many levels! Great job hon!
CloudySky chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Very nice. It's a bit of a weird pairing, and strange to see Harry abandon everyone (normal for a Selkie though, I suppose). I liked that Harry didn't immediately give up his skin, but decided to keep a bit of freedom even while giving the relationship a try.
jinglelamp chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I really enjoyed this, loved the use of selkies. Also, I'd quite like to see a continuation of this in the future, maybe when Harry decides to burn his skin? Or meets Voldemort? Just something to think about.

Hope you have a better time of it soon!
autumngold chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Beautiful story! I'm so glad that Harry was able to escape and get away from Dumbledore and the wizarding world's expectations. Not that he was good, but Voldemort didn't seem to be so bad at the end, giving Harry his life to keep Antonin happy. Thank you for the happy ending!
Crazy PurpleSage chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Have to admit, odd pairing, but once I saw the word 'selkie', I couldn't not read! THat was good, surprisingly really good. It's still a little odd that Harry would choose to be with someone so dark and evil, who kills as sport, but at the same time, it's the instincts of a selkie that do not differentiate, I suppose.

I like how Sirius would be there! And I hope Voldemort does leave them alone. It reminds of the quote, "let the burn", as long as Harry has his freedom and is happy. The wizarding world can deal on their own.

Wow, I'm rambling. Anyway, LOVED the selkie lore and Harry's choice. It was the right one, obviously. The only point of contention would be that a lake is NOT the same thing as the sea. Harry won't be able to stay there forever. Once he's lived in the sea, it will forever call to him and a lake will forever remain a pale, sickly imitation in his heart and mind. But while he chooses to stay with Antonin, I think he will be able to cope.

Nice story! Thanks for sharing!
SanitysOverrated87 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Very interesting. I like it. :)
LBQIO chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Sable Scribe chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Can we have another chapter about a bit more of the future? XD
The Walrus I Am chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Great story, very original and nice concept too. One small error I noticed, right at the end:

"Selkie's mated underwater." etc. - should be Selkies for plural.
CubsAndDoodles chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
It's the first time I read a story of this pairing, and I loved it!

you write really well, I don't usually review, but this story is great!

I hope this helps to make your day better ;)
solunvar chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I've been thinking about Harry as a silkie for ages now (well, him mating with a silkie..) and there you go, spinning a yarn like that! I enjoyed it tremendously :-)

I liked your portrayal of Voldemort as well, very pragmatic.

Have fun! (And yes, your exam system does seem a bit confused.)
Tigertopaz-Titanium Banana chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Wow. This is the first story that I've read where Harry's been a Selkie. You pulled it off very well and made it very captivating and enjoyable.

Fantastic story!