Reviews for What You Do For Your Country
AngelaAngel chapter 4 . 7/11/2013
You can't trust anyone in politics! I can't tell if venter purposefully used being drunk as an excuse for not remembering to tell Edward or not. I don't trust him though...
Mustang does seem suspicious! He was about to say he could "help" Edward. Which we all know he can. But... equivalent exchange! Hahaha
Can't was for the next chapter! Very interesting idea:)
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 4 . 6/9/2012
Great job on the chapter. I know about sporadic writing, belive me! Ed had better wise up quick to be a part of the action! Update soon.
Dashita Tichou chapter 4 . 6/9/2012
Yay! Marcoh's here! And don't worry about the late update, everybody's allowed a slip up or two. And I like the way you did this chapter! It's so cute! XD Plus, Mustang is a nosy dog... Nice political warning though, not sure if I like the phrasing, but it sounds all right coming from Marcoh.
M.L chapter 4 . 6/9/2012
Mmm, I like it. The general concept of your story is really very good and interesting. It makes me want to know what will happen in the future. However I think that your Edward is too naive. He spend many years in the military under Mustang of all people ( and if Mustang is not a damn good politic then I don't know who is ), he is a prodigy and yet he learnt nothing of how things go? Of course he will probably never be the main shaming guy, it's not his style, but one would think that he would know how things go by now, enough not to get dragged into something he doesn't want to be (and I don't mean Grumman here, but other people around him). Your Edward, though I like him, seems to be exactly like his fourteen year old self, only calmer. He doesn't seem much wiser.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 4 . 6/9/2012
Nice one. I love how everything tied together...and Ed still sounds somewhat clueless about politics. Poor guy's in over his head...but then again, when isn't he.

Lucky Marcoh showed up. Silly Venter getting drunk like that. In front of someone underage too...or is it 16 for them?
Cartoon Cow chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Dont you hate nameless characters? They're so aggravating are they not? Please update soon! Do I sense that maybe if Ed sticks his head up too far something bad will happen?
Cartoon Cow chapter 2 . 5/20/2012
I was going to read the third chapter when i realized i hadnt had a chance to finish this one! great chapter by the way, off to chapter 3 XD
Dashita Tichou chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Are you gonna pull some sort of Abraham Lincoln reference with this now? Because that could prove quite amusing...
awesomenaruto chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Yay mustang! Interesting chapter and i hope you update soon!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Well, I'm speechless. OC overload yeah, but they fall right into the story. :) A few grammatial nitpricks again, but that's about it.
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
I had to go back and read it twice to get all the names right XD And I like Venters character, he seems really... Cowboy-y (That's not a word...) But continue on! I can't wait for the next update!
LadysWords chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
Definitely interested, continue with the updates please.
Dashita Tichou chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
Dr. Knox, Marcoh, and... Hmm... Are you going to include any Ishvalans in this or not? Because I think that you definitely should. I'm not sure if it was in Brotherhood or otherwise, but there was an episode where Scar was hurt really badly in Central and he woke up and an old Ishvalan priest was there. I think you should either use him or Scar's master as an Ishvalan representative. Hmmm... I think you should bring Havoc back into the picture... Can't hink of anyone else right now, but I'll PM you if I think of someone I'm forgetting. Are you gonna have females involved? Also, make sure you get someone from Rush Valley! Preferably... uh... I think his name was Dominic? The old dude who makes a REALLY freaky grandpa...

I liked the chapter and the bit you tossed in about Alphonse cooking. It was really cute!
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
The premise for this story is absolutely amazing! I love it when there are well written stories that explore the politics of the fictional worlds we love to read about. This looks to be shaping up to be a wonderful story. Keep up the good work!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
“Half of what I know about the military is things you weren't supposed to tell me!"” – that should be “are” things, considering things is in plural and all.

“This…proposal that Grumman had presented to him, this Constitutional Convention.” – you could use a colon instead of a comma there. In fact, I think it would go better to be honest. It reads a little oddly as it is.

“but whatever would be decided at this Convention, would set the course for Amestris' future” – you do not need that comma in between. Unnecessary pause – somewhat jerky really.

That was a really fast transition in the first scene. Too fast really. Why the heck is Alphonse suddenly asking if Ed’s hungry?

“Anyway, I'm probably going to be really busy, you'd get bored."” – you’d get bored reads more as a sentence of its own than a part of the rest of that sentence. A semicolon if not a fullstop.

“The man had that sort of way about him.” – “way” seriously? I know you can do better than that. This sentence doesn’t do it justice.

On your A/N: You familiar with how the military members were named? After military vehicles and such? There’s a website on Wikipedia if you’re after names. Other than that, no idea. Unless you think Grumman can persuade Izumi. *shrudders* wouldn’t want to be there for that scene. Are you bringing in representatives from the other countries as well?