Reviews for Tigers Don't Do Water
JDorsey314 chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
I like every fic of yours I have read so far, and I guess there aren't any laws about writing a story where a character drinks below a certain age. I like your style, and intend to read the rest of your stories. I found this site quite recently, so there are still things about it I do not know. my most recent discovery is that when I click on your name it gives a list of all your books. a list which will be my only focus for the immediat future. it seems to be one of very few safe zones on this site. in others, the characters can be pretty evil. and the books can be sad or pointless or dirty. but your books aren't any of those things. and I honestly would keep reading if it weren't 1:30 in the morning. not sure how that happened, I might have been reading your stories for quite some time now. because they're good. keep doing exactly what you're doing.
Forestwater chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
This was really good. Loved the characterizations, especially Jake’s musings about Tom. I’d never really thought about how he’d interact day-to-day with the Yeerk who was also his brother (except when it was mentioned in the books, obviously) . . . I like the depth you added to it, and how it all still fits in with canon. I’m a sucker for that kind of thing. :) Marco was perfect, too, especially the whole drunk thing. Just a really sweet, cute story.
Joryuu12 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I liked this look into a 'normal' day with them, despite Tom being a controller, which could put a damper on it in a way.
Child of the Rune chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I've read this a few times and am FINALLY getting around to reviewing.
This is wonderful, well-written and just an overall great story. Fantastic job!
Gloomy Shadows chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Ya sorry, forgot to write a review... I really enjoyed this piece and I really think it was in character! Isn't Jake a little to young for alcohol? Anyway I loved the story and I hope you make more story's about Jake and Marco! It's pretty rare to find good ones about them! I really think this one is the best one I've ever read so far! I love story's that don't have spelling mistakes. Pretty much all the story's I have seen from other authors had them though. Thanks for posting this story! I really enjoyed reading it! Hope you post more story's soon!
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Loved this fic! Tipsy!Marco was hilarious, and it was fun seeing Peter and Steve interact. Also proud of Jake for hooking that tuna, and his thoughts on how the Animorphs were similar to a family was very sweet.
Anivia chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Tsk, tsk Jake. You shouldn't be drinking :P

That aside, this was a really enjoyable story. Everyone was in character, and I really liked how you portrayed the sibling rivalry as if the Yeerk didn't exist.
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
...my goodness.

This was an awesome chapter to read.

One could almost forget that these were the Animorphs, not just some random people on a fishing trip - but the way you weave Tom's Yeerk, the rest of the Animorphs and Marco into the more "normal" things such as the humour between the characters, the fathers, the deckhands and captains, Jake and Marco getting a little tipsy... it really isn't an easy job, but you make it flow seamlessly. It's really a simple pleasure to read.

It's - good - in a sense that it's a oneshot, because it just started and ended on just the right note. I - It's wrapped up neatly, delivered the message it wanted and it feels so bittersweet.

Remarkable; brilliant job done.

hawk
uncutetomboy chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
*claps* This was definitely a feel-good story, Shane! Sorry about it taking so long to review. lol.

Anyway, characters are totally In-Character; there's not nearly enough stories of the Anis just hanging that doesn't turn into life-or-death. ;)

Lor
TheBeastThatLostItsPlaceToGo chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
That was absolutely fantastic. You seem to have captured Jake perfectly. At first, I thought your Marco was the best, but reading this... I love the details you throw in at the right moments. It's not that you just describe things, you definitely paint the picture. Love the flow of the story and the end, God the end... Nearly had me in tears. Reading how you had Jake picture the future and talk about Marco's relation to the family as well, got to me. Perfect wording. Great story, but then again, I don't expect anything less from you!
Kaye chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Great father-son and Marco-Jake bonding fic. It's nice (and rare) to see a sappy Jake, but still in character. And Jake considering the other Animorphs his family- nice touch!