Reviews for An American Geek in Halkeginia
Jake chapter 7 . 9/29
Just a heads up. From what I remember from latin classes was that it was specifically Church Latin that used the "W" for "V" thing. My part-time teacher/lawyer made a point of saying that we would not be learning Church Latin like the "rabble." He was an odd guy. Good story so far though.
ARandomGuy24 chapter 1 . 9/25
Ok one thing before I start this. What the hell is kipling?
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 32 . 8/30
Congratulations, ser, you just reminded me that there is worth in poetry.
Also, excellent story so far, please do keep it up.
If you'll excuse me now, I have to go ransack the internet for more Kipling.
victor janus chapter 39 . 7/20
well things are coming along nicely. and now next comes murder hoboing classic D&D style.
siesta might get some time in too.
might get Kirche and Tabitha on the friendly enemy list instead of the ticking time bombs they are now.
wonder if he'll ever get enough checks to get the speed boosts. after all if he's going to let rumors of his left hand of godness go around he eventually has to back up that whole destroy an army of 7000 reputation.
wonder if your going to go by the popular theory that the items find their owner through fate or... if this is going to be research hell.
well hope you start updating again.
victor janus chapter 35 . 7/20
well I give you props for putting the most meaning into the familiar chant I've seen.
victor janus chapter 32 . 7/19
ok that was awesome.
ok so the runes are depowered a lot? probably because of compatibility the grant hyper competence and fearlessness instead. hmm
victor janus chapter 28 . 7/19
Gallia is not the realm of fire.
also while I admit the plot of canon ran on contrivance. yours is taking it to the other extreme. it's getting nigh impossible for him to have not touched a weapon at some point with all the opportunities. I mean the discovery has to be an accident considering your character is like rock from black lagoon with the whole mind is a weapon thing... but you need to do it soon lest you lose relevance to the plot. after all there is no good reason for Louise to be involved in the events to come. not unless she's important and frankly there are only two things important about Louise. the wielder of the void and master of the shield of god. so frankly if a guy who has almost died 5 times in 2 day in the middle of a war AND is in weapon manufacturing testing group can't mange to pick up a weapon then the royal signet and a priceless religious artifact ending up in the hands of a sub dot whose only usefulness is loyalty is the breaking of my SOD. seriously with a wardes who has the possibility to be the revolving door of back stabbing the good guys need a break.
hopefully you know this and he'll notice his hand glowing when he tries out Colbert's guns which he has no reason not to do besides enrage your readers.
Tsamoka chapter 39 . 6/7
Your version of FoZ would make a FAR better anime then the cannon one.
StrangePointOfView chapter 39 . 5/6
I am very glad you kept the feel of a romance, instead of using this chapter as an excuse to go into smut.

As it is, this story has a minimum amount of perversion any story based off of the Familiar of Zero can have. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me swoon in dizzy romance, and both Louise and her Familiar are epic. This story is intelligent and original, and I look forward to more.
StrangePointOfView chapter 34 . 5/6
And now they're together. It was a slow journey, but worth the wait. You've taken one of the most perverted-gag-reliant and overblown harem stories, and you have turned it into a genuine and touching romance. This achievement is nothing short of outstanding.
StrangePointOfView chapter 33 . 5/6
Well, Jason's a very impressive fighter, and the war song was undeniably epic. I do hope Jason and Louise get together now.
StrangePointOfView chapter 20 . 5/6
This is some very realistic work. I mean, in regards to the characters, their motivations, how they act as opposed to how they might act if this were an overblown anime drama. I really enjoy reading this.
StrangePointOfView chapter 19 . 5/6
Kirche just got burned!
StrangePointOfView chapter 14 . 5/6
This is very fun. I enjoy how Jason is interacting with not just Louise, but Siesta and the Princess.
StrangePointOfView chapter 10 . 5/6
Louise and Jason seem to be getting along really, really well. They're rather cute together.