Reviews for An American Geek in a Halkeginian Court
Sand Soldier chapter 1 . 2/18
At this point im honestly wondering why this fic hasnt appeared in the reccomended fics tab on the Foz Tropes page.
kax321 chapter 40 . 2/15
I love how you casually side-step the plot, as you weave your own narrative into it. While at the same time, you empower both main and background characters into rational humans with actual powers and motivations, instead of the bumbling idiots they were in canon.

Not only you avoided every cliché that this community has fallen into, (Obligatory Guiche duel, Fouquet, etc.) but you did it with a grace that I can only admire.
And finally, you present us a rare example of a developing relationship. Something far too rare in the romance category for my liking.

Thank you for writing (and rewriting, and hopefully continuing to write) this story.
ImmortalGlare chapter 40 . 2/2
Awww. now I'm all caught up. Hopefully the next chapter is uploaded soon?
faegytui
I have no clue what the summery means but ima' read it anyway
Gilanor25 chapter 5 . 1/22
Why does he refer to himself with We We’re etc
He acts implausibly smug and uncooperative for someone who was just summoned with real ass magic to a fantasy kingdom.
DJScrapped chapter 2 . 12/29/2017
I could not make it past the fact that the first sentence of the first chapter seems to be missing a word.
Reishin Amara chapter 40 . 12/27/2017
And.
Caught up.

Holy tits of Tiffania I love this story.
raidou chapter 40 . 12/18/2017
oh shit boy. this fanfiction is some premium serious gourmet shit. you really sprung this gourmet shit on me. you can't keep getting away with this. keep updating, my freakin' guy. let's get it.
Good Ol White chapter 36 . 12/6/2017
I won't be Reconquisted and I do not care a damn!
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAH chapter 40 . 12/1/2017
I've been waiting for this. I had almost given up hope, but finally enough, I actually just finished re-reading this story right before you updated. (Sometimes I do this when I can't find any good new fanfics.)
The edited version simultaneously manages to be more detailed and descriptive, while also flowing easier. Jaaon and Louis' relationship seems much more believeable as it develops than even the canon saito pairing. Except for the beginning Jason still seems a bit too eager to stay, but of course part of that would be the ruins. Anyway, I'll save any further comparisons till your a few more chapters in. Youve had literal years to revise these chaptets, so seeing if the chapters to come live up to the same quality should be ineresting.
Dragonhulk chapter 40 . 11/30/2017
Just finished the reread. Well worth the time, and I'm eager to see the plot move forward.
theshroomdude chapter 1 . 11/30/2017
Surprising improvement from your original! As I'd just recently begun plotting out my own update to my ZnT fic, I'm a little inspired. Gonna have to step up my plans.

That said, the faery arc was both my favorite and least. The pacing you developed there was really quite nice, but the least enjoyable parts of the fic as a whole are where you have Jason act so indecisive about his commitment to Louise. I really don't follow how he can both be so willing to bow down in order to gain her favour, and yet act so wishy-washy. He's already something of a Sue, so there's no real call for him to be a more perfect gentleman, but at the same time he acts as though he's on the verge of sticking his pecker in the first lady to pin him down. It's possible to tell a woman no without being rude.

Regardless, all said this was enjoyable and I look forwards to further developments.

Oh also you typed "could of" in place if could have a single time in a chapter in like the 30s. You make plenty of trivial typos throughout but this one really irked.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/28/2017
"An American commits cultural appropriation against a hapless Japanese youth. Typical, just typical."

Get the fuck out of here. You liberal snowflake.