Reviews for An American Geek in Halkeginia
Raven Xanthus chapter 1 . 6/29
I am sad to see that this hasn't been updated for years. Ah well off to SB to see if this story has any more there.
Silly-Scare-Crow chapter 39 . 6/14
Very big fan
Hope it continues soon
Mr.Destructo chapter 39 . 4/24
pretty good story over all even if there is far too much writing about endless training its like the 1st 200k ish words are devoted to training hopefully the orcs provide some much needed action that has been missing since jason rescued Luise from your zombie and is Derflinger going to ever make a reappearance it was literally saitos only defense against magic
FateBurn chapter 39 . 4/21
excellent story so far please continue this again soon.
a-d Pilot chapter 34 . 1/16
Others have probably mentioned this, but Osmond may be more than just old. He might be nearly ancient.
...If he found and mastered the mirror.

And in that case, why assume his original form is male? Or for that matter, human?
Gradual changes through the mirror until the bodies align, then repeat until achieving the desired form.
Even his mouse familiar might have originally been something else first.

...Hmmm. Order the non-sentient familiar into a human body and let them stay that way long enough to gain sentience, followed by gradual shape-shifting...
Unlikely. And difficult...but possible...

Heh. He even works on what's apparently neutral ground, which should increase his chance to avoid dangerous situations.

If this turned out to be true, I hope Osmond or Motsignor know how to make a new mirror, in case the one they have is smashed.
AlekTas chapter 37 . 12/3/2015
Interesting story :) It's nice to see how you are going for the whole fat merchant thing and sticking to it. It's a nice diversion from the powerful protagonist story-type. Perhaps you should have him working on his own thing to introduce to the world without the help of Mr. Colbert?

Would you perhaps want him to stay away from close combat fighting? If you ever get them to find the plane from canon then he can reverse engineer the bullets, automatically loading and everything.
Quelthias chapter 8 . 11/23/2015
I am really loving this story so far, the focus away from combat isn't actually decreasing the page turning story. Following
Blaze1992 chapter 39 . 11/7/2015
Hmm a great fic so far, I am a little disappointed that it hasn't been updated within a year. So I will give this fic a 8.5 out of 10
hugp1x chapter 5 . 10/21/2015
Having your protag point out how shitty everyone else is while putting up with and crushing (really?) on Louise is reeeeeally shitty.
Jake chapter 7 . 9/29/2015
Just a heads up. From what I remember from latin classes was that it was specifically Church Latin that used the "W" for "V" thing. My part-time teacher/lawyer made a point of saying that we would not be learning Church Latin like the "rabble." He was an odd guy. Good story so far though.
ARandomGuy24 chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
Ok one thing before I start this. What the hell is kipling?
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 32 . 8/30/2015
...
*Blink*
...
Congratulations, ser, you just reminded me that there is worth in poetry.
Also, excellent story so far, please do keep it up.
If you'll excuse me now, I have to go ransack the internet for more Kipling.
victor janus chapter 39 . 7/20/2015
well things are coming along nicely. and now next comes murder hoboing classic D&D style.
siesta might get some time in too.
might get Kirche and Tabitha on the friendly enemy list instead of the ticking time bombs they are now.
wonder if he'll ever get enough checks to get the speed boosts. after all if he's going to let rumors of his left hand of godness go around he eventually has to back up that whole destroy an army of 7000 reputation.
wonder if your going to go by the popular theory that the items find their owner through fate or... if this is going to be research hell.
well hope you start updating again.
victor janus chapter 35 . 7/20/2015
well I give you props for putting the most meaning into the familiar chant I've seen.
victor janus chapter 32 . 7/19/2015
ok that was awesome.
ok so the runes are depowered a lot? probably because of compatibility the grant hyper competence and fearlessness instead. hmm