Reviews for An American Geek in Halkeginia
Luna's Meow chapter 37 . 9/26
Here's a thought that Jason hasn't had. If people can somehow slio through naturally occurring rifts to Halkeginia from Earth like Siesta's grandfather did, then perhaps the other way around works too? Which may be where human ideas of magic and elves came from? Ancient mages who slipped over and were stuck here?
Luna's Meow chapter 35 . 9/26
So you're melding Tristanian religous bullshit with real life religious bullshit? And putting Brimir above Jehovah? That's blasphemous. And kind of funny. Wonder what'll happen when they figure out the Brimir was just a man?
Luna's Meow chapter 34 . 9/26
Well, while the narrative IS geared toward harem tease, harems written WELL are few and far between. I doubt you are going to write that, even if Siesta was the only addition (and she if any would be the only one to really fit) but it could be handled well with the right author.
Luna's Meow chapter 31 . 9/26
I've been wondering for a while now why Jason keeps calling himself "we" in his internal dialogue. It has been too constant to not be deliberate. Hopefully that is explained soon.
Luna's Meow chapter 10 . 9/25
So your character is a complete and utter fool then? He's just tine with being physically beaten? What the hell makes this acceptable behavior? I saw hints before that he started swallowing that feminazi nonsense that all men are sexist if they don't give women special treatment rather than equality (not the words they use but it is what their words boil down to now that the thrid wave has taken over from the previous logical waves) and now here it comes out. Beat me so long as it isn't my face or balls. As if that makes it okay. Beat me for stopping you from stupidly committing suicide because unlike in the anime, going against foquet even with kirche and Tabitha would be suicide. Well, maybe with Tabitha it wouldn't be, but Tabitha would have a better chance alone where she doesn't need to protect Louise. This is getting ridiculous. I guess your character really is american...
timunderwood9 chapter 13 . 9/14
I'm pretty sure the Romans knew how to distill things, though I don't think they were very good at it.
timunderwood9 chapter 4 . 9/14
Yes, but it is the movie in 2012 which is why I recognize the reference now, and didn't when I first read this story. i think.

On the other hand I read the novel three times as a teenager. And I sort of mean to reread it now that I can comfortably read modern French (fun hobby, and really not hard to pick up the reading part). Unfortunately I still really cannot comfortably read nineteenth novels in French. Far too many words I don't recognize.
eren jeager 1st chapter 4 . 8/13
us dose he have a mouse in his pocket
eren jeager 1st chapter 2 . 8/13
you look down on us Americans well guess what its the same to you
Raven Xanthus chapter 1 . 6/29
I am sad to see that this hasn't been updated for years. Ah well off to SB to see if this story has any more there.
Silly-Scare-Crow chapter 39 . 6/14
Very big fan
Hope it continues soon
Mr.Destructo chapter 39 . 4/24
pretty good story over all even if there is far too much writing about endless training its like the 1st 200k ish words are devoted to training hopefully the orcs provide some much needed action that has been missing since jason rescued Luise from your zombie and is Derflinger going to ever make a reappearance it was literally saitos only defense against magic
FateBurn chapter 39 . 4/21
excellent story so far please continue this again soon.
a-d Pilot chapter 34 . 1/16
Others have probably mentioned this, but Osmond may be more than just old. He might be nearly ancient.
...If he found and mastered the mirror.

And in that case, why assume his original form is male? Or for that matter, human?
Gradual changes through the mirror until the bodies align, then repeat until achieving the desired form.
Even his mouse familiar might have originally been something else first.

...Hmmm. Order the non-sentient familiar into a human body and let them stay that way long enough to gain sentience, followed by gradual shape-shifting...
Unlikely. And difficult...but possible...

Heh. He even works on what's apparently neutral ground, which should increase his chance to avoid dangerous situations.

If this turned out to be true, I hope Osmond or Motsignor know how to make a new mirror, in case the one they have is smashed.
AlekTas chapter 37 . 12/3/2015
Interesting story :) It's nice to see how you are going for the whole fat merchant thing and sticking to it. It's a nice diversion from the powerful protagonist story-type. Perhaps you should have him working on his own thing to introduce to the world without the help of Mr. Colbert?

Would you perhaps want him to stay away from close combat fighting? If you ever get them to find the plane from canon then he can reverse engineer the bullets, automatically loading and everything.