Reviews for Dreams Of Blue Skies
Anonymous chapter 18 . 10/13/2014
Honestly, I know you won't be finishing this story any time soon, if not ever. But I have to write this review, for the sake of it.

When I read the first few lines, I was immediately hooked. Just... the whole first chapter of this was incredibly powerful. The descriptive writing of the emotions these characters are going through is just so realistic, it kind of scares me. This is the first fanfic that has ever gotten tears out of me in almost every chapter.

Then, something in your writing changed. It wasn't as strong as first few chapters, and all of the different side plots and POV's got a little confusing. Nonetheless, I continued reading. The whole thing with Rhonda having a dead sister was so random, but I loved it. That was the last time I cried during this story.

And then.. Phoebe died. From... heartbreak? Interesting, but not very realistic. I saw no real connection between her and Gerald in this fic, the whole thing seemed kind of forced. Like a last minute idea to add some more angst into the story. I definitely have a few of my OWN ways of writing her death, but that's just me.

I ended this story with a hallow feeling. I honestly had no clue if Helga would choose Arnold or Brainy, (I was sort of hoping for Brainy, even though I love AxH)

And I'd still like to know. There are so many unanswered questions, so many things left unsaid. Though, I must say, this didn't leave me feeling as empty as the ending of BTHNL (which is a popular HA fanfic)

I wish this would have been continued. It really was a good read, in my opinion. I do remember reading it a while back, but not the whole thing. Just know that I will be thinking about this a lot, and maybe one day return, just to read it again. Because damn, that first chapter... wow.

Your below average gal, Anonymous
Katie chapter 9 . 10/12/2014
I know that you have actually probably already finished this story but I just wanna throw you some ideas anyway! Arnold and Helga together, Brainy gets super obssessive. He really starts to do stalkerish things to both of them...And he kills arnold! Ahh I don't know just ideas! lol
PokeFan970 chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
3 lines into the story and I already added it to my favorites. But 101,000 words... lol I'll be here a while :P
Guest chapter 18 . 1/25/2014
Bring Me Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee!
Dark eyes chapter 9 . 1/5/2014
Helga should end up with brainy because he's the one who's careed and loved her all his life without fail well arnold(although he's great) never noticed her until the incident
neal.swarbrick chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
Really? You don't know what made Bob Pataki the man he is?

Then I'll tell you, briefly.

Bob (Robert) Pataki was born in the mid-west in the mid-to-late 'Forties, son of an ordinary small-town girl with an average American High-School education and a young man, a US Marine Corps Sergeant, only a year returned from the horrors of World War Two.

Whilst his Mum was everything that a Mother is expected to be - Loving, Caring, Full of Joy at her Children and the way they grow up - his Father was, in his head, still in the Army. He had joined up in 1940 because his father had fought against the Germans in the Great War, and he had gone through several Theatres of War - the Deserts of North Africa, the Mountains of Italy, the Hell of D-Day and the Jungles of the Far East. He had seen terrible, TERRIBLE things but had survived them all because of US Marine Corps Discipline. He had gone through fire and blood and sweat and steel and had, so he thought, come out the other end, unscathed.

Back on civvy street though, once he'd got home, he didn't fit. Sure, he got his old job back and his friends from before the war were there but it was never the same any more. He couldn't stand loud noises, he found. Bangs and crashes made him, at the very least, flinch and sometimes, if they were loud enough, he ducked, quite involuntarily. His fellow males, some of whom had also served, understood enough to not comment. And that was ok, but his wife would sometimes query it, reminding him that the war was over - why was he ducking? She would never understand because he would never tell her what he had seen out there . . .

Then there were the dreams. Sometimes he was THERE, right in the heat of it, seeing some scene or other that had imprinted itself so deeply into his psyche that it would never leave. And although he would never scream he would awake suddenly sometimes, bathed in sweat, and brushing off his wife angrily as she reached for him.

Into this world, this pastiche, was born Bob Pataki. His father was delighted, of course, another Pataki to join the Marines - keep up the family tradition. Soon though it became obvious that a crying, screaming, child reached into Pataki Seniors head and twisted nerves his wife could not see. She would never know why it did, but it did. He would twist up, angry if she did not run to soothe the young Bob and stop the noise. She loved her husband and did not like to see him upset so did her best to keep the boy quiet. Later, when Bob was able to run and jump and play like schoolboys play, he would get yelled at for making too much noise whilst his father watched the ball-game on TV . . . Meanwhile he was also expected to 'respect' his father like he was a senior officer. "Sir" was the official form of address and he was expected to behave as a good soldier might.

And so Bob Pataki grew up, regimented and with much noise discipline. The 60's hippy movement passed him by until the moment it came to Vietnam. Presenting himself for Service he was horrified to be passed as medically unfit. Some congenital condition that had skipped notice 'til now prevented him from following in his fathers and grandfathers footsteps. Although he tried all ways to get round it, in the end he was forced to acknowledge that he would never serve Uncle Sam.

And so he dropped out. And that's when he met Miriam . . . .
AmorFatiAhMi chapter 18 . 9/4/2013
What a horrible ending. It left me feeling so hollow. This couldn't have been the end, could it? Life isn't just this dark...is it? I'm hurting.

This story is one that leads others to think about their own depression and as many writers in fanfiction and readers, most, are very depressed, or have been.

I found myself comparing this to my own feelings and dwelling in the feel of loneliness and exactly what it's definition is.

Your analogies, metaphors, and imagery were the epitome of emotion. It became to a point that it was terrifying, terrifying for the Helga, the characters, yourself and well me.

You've drawn out emotions I found I didn't want to look back onto and then to just leave it at such a sad ending. To find no hope. Makes me wonder if the troubles of the world can weigh us down..to death.

But then... You introduced a character who spoke of The Lord. That chapter was so beautiful. So strong and truthful. Raw and blatant that it hurt and yet it healed. Sometimes pain can only be fixed through more pain. And that chapter did that for Helga, for possibly you and me.

I didn't cry. Surprisingly enough. I wanted to but no tears shed. I think because I've been there..the feelings never the act.

You introduced a side so dark into HA world that its never been replicated or executed such as you have done.

You have inspired me. Captivated me. And lastly abandoned me and your wonderful reviewers.

I cannot cry because you've caused me to become so overwhelmed I can't feel.

The first chapter...so damn powerful.

Now, I honestly couldn't see Helga loving Brainy, romantically. These things usually are felt at the heart. Helga so passionate feels such things spiritually, so Brainy, who may deserve her, I think could never be with Helga.

And our dearest hero, Arnold, I can see Helga always loving him and him loving her but at this point...I don't see her with him either.

I preferred Helga being alone. Truly concepting that being alone is okay when you love yourself. Then love from others can come after. Being Arnold or another man.

Rhonda, I loved what you have made her. She is Helga, Helga is her. So strange how these two have always known but yet resented each other. The idea of a sister, who consequently did the same act in the past was pure brilliance.

Phoebe, you broadened the perspective. She died from grief? It's possible.

Depression isn't a joke and you make that very vivid in this. The depths and realms you travel. Even into the subconscience and dreams. So fantastic.

Anyway, all in all, a good fic. Some parts I felt you lost your main focus and got caught up with all of the things you dabbled in, which felt like everything. Lol but you did very well!

You are a good writer. And I wish to call you great once this is finished. Please finish.

For you left me unfeeling, and I would love to feel again.

I hope your health isn't the cause. Godspeed!
dariansison chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Omg this actually made me cry nice job I really like it :)
allTheBest chapter 18 . 5/16/2013
I feel like I wasted my time reading this.
It started out good but all the metaphorical stuff just clogged the story line.
Kind of meaningless. Left no feeling except empty.
Midnighter67 chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
Im always a sucker for a happy ending, so i choose that and though it might be a little late to say this i vote arnold
Joesette chapter 18 . 8/19/2012
I honestly dont know what to say... I mean its been over 5 years since you made another chapter to this story but i hope this isnt the ending. But either way it was amazing. I have been sitting here reading this any chance i recieved. I was crying through out most of it, no point in crying over Gerald complaining about clothes, but itt reminds me so much of myself and others around me. Ive tried so many times. Thinking if anyone would miss me. But i feel like if i did i would bring more pain like what happened with Helga. I dont care what anyone says. This was amazing. It brought back so many of my old, hidden emotions out of hiding. Your a really great wrighter. Some might say this is too depressing but thats because they dont want to face realality. I hope you make one last chapter. Just one. Saying what happened to everyone. Doesnt have to be long but just satisfy my need for an ending. Thank you Bun. You really brought me out of my hiding...
SMayLife chapter 18 . 8/19/2012
First off I want to say that this is such a great piece of work. Who ever told you that your story was no good (forgot the name of the person who was flaming you in the earlier chapter but who cares cuz he knows diddly-squat) is a complete idiot. If its not too late I hope you still consider going with your original piece of having helga stay wit Arnold. As we know from the series, helga is 100% in love wit Arnold and no matter what that will always stay the same. Not even a "love poition" could take away the love she has for him. I love brainy dont get me wrong. Maybe helga could possibly give him a chance but only to find out that her heart belongs and always will belong to Arnold. After all, she did love the guy her while life and can't possibly just go away in a second. Anyway I do hope you pair helga with Arnold but in the end you're the author here and the decision is up to you. I do hope you get the chance to update this story but reading the last chapter and it saying your health is not entirely good right I can understand why you haven't updated. Hope you feel better though and continue writing. Can't wait to read more of your stories! :)
Alissa chapter 18 . 9/30/2011
I really enjoyed reading your story. Definitely keep it up.

I do think there are too many characters, and you should have focused on the ones who are really at the core of why Helga is unhappy. There are far too many to keep track of.

Also, we never resolved who Helga is going to be with. I personally think Helga should be with Arnold.

But anyway, also the Pataki's did do more things than the on-screen Hey Arnold! show. They really seemed to be an exaggeration of themselves (because it's a cartoon,) and probably did more even if that wasn't the impression on t.v. I think that Helga and the peers her age are more the focus of her emotional state.

Also, I think Phoebe does have her own story and place in this fanfiction, but the story ends with Helga-not Phoebe. Also, it's completely realistic for Phoebe and Gerald to be together because it's a fanfiction!

If you want your characters to live happily ever after, make it so! I certainly want it to be so-especially because the series is filled with happiness and hope, even after bad things happen.

Keep writing! I enjoyed writing your story! Next time, more romantic scenes with lovely tension!

Thanks for writing. :)
YuniX-2 chapter 18 . 3/20/2011
Its funny, but today I really needed to cry. Somewhere between remembering a song I hadn't heard in years and buying it on itunes, I realized that it had always made me feel lonely, despite the rather happy lyrics. And I new I needed to let go of that feeling and I looked for a story that could make me cry. Really, really, cry. And although I know I've read this before, I found it again. Funny, how only half an hour after coming to the conclusion that I might keep making myself depressed because I know how to handle that, and it is far less scary than having real world responsibilities, I find a fic that does nothing but hammer the point home. Its funny though. People like Helga and I, people who feel everything so acutely and passionately, we spend our earlier years thinking we want a normal life. Thinking that we want the sort of happiness that everyone else has. I worked so hard to get it, and as soon as I had it, I found myself overwhelmed. What to do with all that energy, all the stress of trying to survive as well as everyone else? I miss feeling sometimes. I mean really feeling. And maybe I miss the attention a little too. All through highschool, I thought I was so mature, so far ahead of the jerks who made fun of others, because I had suffered through severe depression, not just as a teen but since childhood. I thought I was at the top of the learning curve. Now in college I find that while I was learning to handle extreme emotional pain, they were learning to be grown-ups. I'm so far behind. And I'm sorry to leave this as a review, but I needed to get it out there, and it was relevant and I'm not typing a journal entry twice. Anyways, thank you for giving me something to cry yo.
Lon Wolfgood chapter 9 . 12/20/2010