Reviews for Mourning Mother
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
EXACTLY! After watching the movie I was thinking "What if I were in that situation?" and I realized:
#1: Dude, you can't just forget the woman who raised you for eighteen years just like that.
#2: Okay, so you're supposed to just automatically accept the Queen as your mother? I mean, yeah, she loves you, but still, she's a stranger...
#3: Hell, people, did it ever occur to ya'll that this all might be a fabulous coincidence? That somewhere out there the REAL lost princess is in the hands of a witch, or ogre, or unsavory fairytale character? Hello? Anyone?

And you addressed all of these in this fic. Thank you.
Seriously, the darkness was good. It set a very lingering and haunting tone that I, for one, loved.
Thanks for writing.
Sincerely,
The Laylanator
Wordmangler chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Sheer poetry. Apart from a few minor stylistic jolts, the writing is elegant and fluid, wonderfully creating and sustaining the right mood, building up to the final emotional beat. In both style and substance, this is a wonderful little vignette. I love stories that humanize Gothel, show that she really did love Rapunzel in her own way, as I consider it one of the movie's major miss-steps.
xyoung4EVA chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This is so wonderful :D And expressed my thoughts about their relationship perfectly. I mean, Gothel raised Rapunzel, so she must have cared for Rapunzel at least a little bit. You don't live with a person for eighteen years without getting attached to them. Same for Rapunzel.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
You do have a way with words. I know that disney needed to make the villain unlikable to make the movie flow, but I have always seen Gothel as a complex character and her death too easily dealt with.
ida4444 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. :)