Reviews for Visits
NJHarris chapter 1 . 2/17
This is a beautiful short! Even though both Dave and Mindy have both lost family, they were able to find solace and love in each other. They truly are a perfect match, and a story like this, where they're both talking to their Mothers graves on Mother's Day, they both tell them just how much the other means to them. That they love each other more than anything, and wish they could meet who they've fallen in love with.
As I said, a beautiful short story. Loved it!
I.am.who.I.am.987 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Really liked this, great job!
JMCracer chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Short and sweet but the point is made. Very Nice
RobGill chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Ah, I always wondered how Mindy handled her mother's death. I always thought she'd have issues with the manner of her mom's death, which could've potentially cost Mindy her life as well, but she obviously doesn't seem to hold a grudge.

Minor nit (although I'm sure others have pointed this out): Dave's mother's name was Alice.

I don't mind the grandparents spoiler, although I do wonder when the next installment of The War on Crime is due.

And as with Makokam's Mother's Day story, it makes sense for the two to make posthumous introductions to the other side of the family.
StakeTheHeart chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
short and sweet...
Makokam chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
...you bastard.

-sigh- Well, it's not like we talked about what we were writing, and seeing as both their mother's are dead this sort of thing is inevitable. Besides, mine is different enough. And longer for once. XD

It was cute to see them together, though I was under the impression that you were going to take a lot longer than this to get them together...or at least in bed. Unless this take place on the the following Mothers day, not the upcoming one... Eh whatever. It was cute.

Gotta say I'm surprised that they got up early enough to go to two seperate(?) graveyards before going to church after a hard nights patrol. Perhaps they plan to sleep in church? lol

Makokam out.
Mecha74 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
That was beautiful.

Sometimes I forget that another thing that Dave and Mindy have in common is the tragic history of their mothers.

Short but sweet. When something is well written, it doesn't matter how long or short it is, it's just good. And that's what matters.

Well done. :)
astridweasley chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Very sad, but lovely.
Shadowalker666 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Short but nice, I liked it.