Reviews for things we wish we knew
cutecrazyice chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
You slay me with beautiful words, Annie.
SweettFace chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
AHHH! That was awesome! :D
xfucktheglasses chapter 1 . 5/13/2012

wingedmercury chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
oh darling, I wish you wouldn't disparage yourself like that at the end. This was a very beautiful and imaginative piece, and I loved it, I loved it; I loved it.

Mokimoki-chan chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Ughhhh stupidddddd Mako.

This is what I fear is going to happen. He doesn't know what he has to do! GAH I say that Korra should just whip him back to reality check.

This fandom is crazy. They should all stay single.
skittyscatter chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
This was beautiful. I especially loved this line: "Mako opens his eyes, a whole lifetime of maybes slipping away". I think it's because it just kind of changes the tone of the whole story when you realize that these are all Mako's thoughts and how he wishes it would have gone.
smos chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME! :D It's sad...but gah! I love it!
arch-nsha chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Beautiful, brilliant and so bitter-sweet. Well done :)
fawny chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
ohchrist this is lovely.

I'll admit, I feel somewhat like a stalker since I clicked on this the second I saw the link pop up on my tumblr's dashboard (I'm a total sucker for well-written makorra and asaaaamiii, what can I say?). And usually I don't actually ever review stories because I'm a horrible and lazy biznatch. BUUUT I am breaking my completely immoral policy just this once!

I think your characterization of Korra is just brilliant. "Korra kisses like she fights... Like she has something to prove." Absolutely beautiful and so, so true. I love that about Korra: she is one phenomenally bamf bender. (that waterbending scene in episode 5 killlled meee ;_;) Ugh I just lovelovelove Korra in this: how completely /like/ her it is to want to be in control, to seek and wrestle for dominance with Mako... literally in this case. -eyebrow waggle-

And that ending was so heartbreakingly completely fitting. arrrrghhhh CAN I JUST SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT IT'S NOT JUST SOME FLUFFY MAKORRA-OH-LET'S-IGNORE-ASAMI-Y'KNOW-MAKO'S-GIRLFRIEND-HEARTBREAK-HEARTBREAK PLOTLINE. ...should that be concerning?

but it infuriated/saddened me SO to see that makorra kiss in episode 5. that is not how it should have gone. not at all. ): Actually, that kiss is what sucked me out of that ship entirely (since, you know, Mako went and proved himself a complete effing-a-hole-jerkasaurus-maximus)...

And on that note: I really like how you portrayed Mako too. Because yes, he is completely susceptible to Korra's effortless effervescence (1. I mean, who isn't?; 2. ooh, unintentional alliteration). and that's okay. but what's not okay? to act on those feelings-because come on dude. integrity. I get that you're used to playing the big brother role and not really looking out for anyone but yourself bolin, but that absolutely does not excuse your jealous self-centered dbaggery in ep. 5. and I'm glad that Korra, as much as she loves Mako, sees that too. I'm glad that you show Korra as having the grit not to be someone's sloppy seconds, that she won't settle for anything but the best-and since Mako is. kind of a coward? he is not really the best.

ughugh. all those loaded /meanings/ in that sentence-"...but the truth is that there first kiss was also their last." YES.

I found the last part particularly poignant-all the pained guilt and regret that Mako knows he doesn't really deserve, blending and surging into his mind as he's marrying the girl he knows deserves better than him. I /love/ how Mako knows just exactly how scumbaggy he is. How he isn't wallowing in self-delusion about "doing this to honor and respect Asami, my girlfriend"-because if he really respected her, he would have left. [/cough cough] Yet he doesn't. And his complete awareness of that fact makes my heart sing. All your characterization IS SO GOOD. can bryke please take a lesson from this fic lol

anyway. let's see, any concrit I can offer up? perhaps little grammar hiccups here and there, but I'm really too lazy to dig them all out and anyway they aren't very noticeable or sizable or reductive at all and I hope you'll forgive me for being a lazy fug. ;_; THIS WAS JUST REALLY GOOD AND FILLED MY HEART WITH FILLS AND IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I NEED TO GO HAVE A GOOD FANGIRL!RANT ON TUMBLR NOW URGH
therentyoupay chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Gooooooooorgeous, as always. And somehow very believable in all of its craziness of jumping around and "what ifs." Very realistic portrayal of the characters.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2