Reviews for Speak Volumes
Live.Love.Twix27 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I am loving this! I actually just finished 'As I Lay Dying', so this is kind of ironic. You nailed Faulkner and still managed for your story to make sense. Lavinia is a character who's story wasn't completed - there's next to nothing given about her personality, her likes and dislikes, or simply how she would act (or speak) if she had gotten the chance. But still, it feels like you got her non-existent personality down perfectly. I felt like I was taking a peek inside of her brain.

And, I just have to say, the whole thing was amazing. (I know I'm always saying that. But it's true, so what /can/ I say?) Whenever your name pops up in my inbox I get so excited, because I know whatever you've published is perfection.

Keep writing - you're just what this suffering fandom needs. :)

glitters and gold chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
It's so nice to see an educated piece of writing on this website. Something you actually put time and concern into; not a lot of people do anymore. Well I can honestly say that every time I get an email about you, I get soso excited because I grow so very miserable and bored scrolling through pages and pages of disgusting and horrifying writing, and everything you write just flows so brilliantly and I can't fathom it nor can I pinpoint what exactly you do that draws me in sosomuch. But I've told you all that already. So what I haven't told you is that I love Faulkner and this entire style is just so cool and unusual and unique to read. And I never get to read anything that actually challenges my mind anymore, so I very much appreciate you doing this. This is one of those things that I'll read over and over again and keep discovering new things about it I didn't see the first time. And the point. Well, the point. I suppose it depends. From what I gather, the speaker is saying that silence is louder and more valuable than cramming unecessary words into useless sentences. That everyone needs to stop talking sometimes and just be, just calm down and stop for a little while. But.

So anyway. Yeah. I love this.
livingondaydreams chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I loved this.

I've just gotten into Faulkner, but I've read enough to get what you were trying to do - brilliant work. This style works well for you. You did a wonderful job giving Lavinia a voice, a loud voice.

Excellent. Favorited.