Reviews for Krait book 13a Music in the Mountains
Anne chapter 15 . 3/2
Enjoyed this again!
Anne chapter 15 . 8/22/2014
Yeah! Made it through again. Enjoyed it!
Anne chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Having a jolly good time rereading this!
Gardengirl6 chapter 15 . 6/7/2012
I like this Pru - I wouldn't take that sitting down, either.

Nice to see all the boys are being sorted out. I think I like most of them, too.

Lovely wrap-up to a good year! Can't wait for more :)
Gardengirl6 chapter 14 . 6/7/2012
Ok, this girl is CLASSY - thinking of those who look to her rather than of herself!

Nice tie-in with Chernobyl - makes perfect sense and fits appropriately.

Digital clock, eh? Might have gone over better with a muggle-born examiner, perchance.
Gardengirl6 chapter 13 . 6/7/2012
Ok, now that's a good way of making an exam - putting one of Draco's finest efforts into cuneiform! I do wonder who was behind that one :)

Did Victor's Maine Coon look just like my cat? He's such a handsome big boy, and softer than an angora rabbit. It's so interesting to me that 'moggy/mog' is simply not known on this side of the pond.

I hadn't remembered last chapter that Gaius was in Victor's class! I was thinking he was a weevil or something. Makes that magazine even funnier, I think, since he's old enough to know what's what.

Ooh, alpine strawberries... ambrosia!

The Villeneuves seem to be on the wrong side of Darwin, aren't they?

Ah, never a dull moment. We haven't had the Fey out to play in way too long! Lucius and Seagh's byplay had me howling in laughter. Thanks for that!
Gardengirl6 chapter 12 . 6/6/2012
I LOVE comeuppance! Rub their faces in it well, and take THAT, Brewers and Goodchilds! Some nerve, going in to tell WW that the twins are better... and the Brewers' neighbor cracked me up. Draco's interview with "Brewer" was priceless. Repellent youngest brat... love how she was not welcome anywhere! Their miserable life and revolting little girl... so sad :(

"Those of us who hose up and make fools of ourselves have to do more thinking than others." - were truer words ever said?

Nice to see the Tugwoods being sorted out at last. Amy needed a good slapping, even if only verbally. I think I like their father!
Gardengirl6 chapter 11 . 6/6/2012
Gaius - well done! Autograph it, indeed. ROFL!

Celebrating Silvina's Marauder-dom with little white flowers (et al.) seems very apt. Convolvumort would be proud.

Naming their son Beowulf - seriously? Poor thing. I know that the wizarding world has its own conventions, but still!

SO loving Godfrey's concert! You call it cocking a snoot; we call it rubbing their faces in it.

Putting "Ain't Misbehavin'" into a prank is just priceless! Oh, very, very well done :)
Gardengirl6 chapter 10 . 6/6/2012
Recuperating from her ordeal as his wife... beautifully put. Poor naive kid.

The tale-telling somehow puts me in mind of the aftermath of the destruction of the Ring, when Samwise hears the lay of Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom. Something about how great deeds are turned into stories... very, very nice.

And now Amarantha has grown up for real. Good for her!

Evadne is showing herself a bit industrious by making productive use of her privilege of hearing the stories to write more comprehensive bios. Well done.

Parsley in their ears... LOL! I don't get the reference, though. I know parsley freshens the breath; in the ears is it meant to freshen the sounds?

You're a naughty author, making references to events that will only be told in full in other stories not yet published! Buckley Cooper... attack on Tanjela... give over and start posting that one, please?
Gardengirl6 chapter 9 . 6/6/2012
Ah, a poltergeist! I recall that Fleur, in GOF, whinged about Peeves, and said that such would never be allowed at Beauxbatons. Glad to see that just because they're on the Continent, SS et al. haven't become wusses about poltergeists.

Goodness, imagine seeing Amarantha again! If she'd studied Muggle history, she'd have known better than to marry anyone called Alaric, hm?

I'm glad Severus is going to oblitieerate this scum nastily. Not a clue in his entire brain, Von Stern!
Gardengirl6 chapter 8 . 6/5/2012
Peculiar arithmancy of love, indeed. I remember a high-octane freak-out I had just before my second was born... my Mom had a time talking me down from THOSE hormones!

And I have to share this - the former secretary at the University's Master of Fine Arts - Writing program was called... Sylvia Snape. I howled when I got here and you've got a Silvina Snape!

Haggling over the price for Morganatica... love it! Widen the circle of your friends? I'd have choked, too.

The law of unintended consequences is in full effect here as well. Thank goodness it hasn't (lately) involved the police, though.

The Grey Scholar sounds like he'll be an interesting and... well, I can't say 'lively,' can I? - addition to the Peak.
Gardengirl6 chapter 7 . 6/4/2012
Alas for narrow and ignorant people, especially parents who inflict this malady on their offspring. Is Silvina going to end up with Victor Crabbe, since they have such parallel stories?

Nice Tolkien nod there, butter over too much bread. I do love JRRT's world. Spent most of my teen years there, actually.

What's "Gibbsed"?

My Lydia's original name was Rumba - her entire litter were named for dances :)
Gardengirl6 chapter 6 . 6/4/2012
Fred George Ingenuity? I'd love to see the arithmantic knock-up of that one!

"Pusillanimous and vacillating mental flatulence" describes every organization ever, I think! I hate meetings.

Harmony was blooming, was she? 50 lashes with a wet noodle for really dreadful wordplay!

The Tugwood twins are dark creatures? I didn't think dark creatures were generally so... silly...
Gardengirl6 chapter 5 . 6/4/2012
Ismenia is a very secure little girl, thanks be, that her fears are so quickly and easily allayed!

I'm really enjoying how you're showing PP from an 'outsider' perspective through Valerie's eyes. Them what live there take so much for granted; it's fun to see it all as new, strange, different, and yet workable.

Dimsie's self-evaluation cracked me up - pun intended - about hatching from an awful child into a decent person.

Sara Barbary's pincushion delighted me. Pins in the shape of the treble clef indeed. And an aggressive archer hedgehog/pincushion is a hoot, too.

Viktor's settling up with the Ironbelly Seeker was a treat. Particularly apt was billing him for the de-cursing. Serves the potato-headed oik right.
Gardengirl6 chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
Ah, I'd wondered if we'd see the Broomstick Boys again! Boy bandsmen in a school full of not yet women should be fun. Offering them sanctuary against the Tugwood twins seems the good, right, and humanitarian thing to do.

It would be hard to be truly annoyed at children who work that hard to do something funny, silly, and harmless. I do like the 'preparation by mischief' method - but don't tell my children, please.

I'm still goggling over David being headmaster at Hogwarts next year. What in the world is Albus going to do to keep himself entertained?

"jiggery pokery, casuistry, sophistry and blatant bad puns" truly does make Krait my kind of gal!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »