Reviews for Very Fortunate Little Girl
StarlingChild4 chapter 1 . 5/25
I love this! I recently reread most of Jane Eyre, as well as watched the 2011 film, so it's nice to see this perspective of Adele. Well done!
LucyLuna chapter 1 . 4/6
You drew some interesting comparisons between the two of them. How they are not being raised out of love, but out of duty. Jane slowly coming to feel sympathy for Adele as the story progressed and she sees there are similarities between them if you get past surface level details was good.
Her decision at the end to in the future tamp down talk about Adele being a very fortunate little girl was nice and it really did feel very Jane-like for her to feel so indignant on Adele's behalf and just in general to be calling girls like her, like Jane fortunate for being in circumstances they never had a choice in.
Saphirabrightscale chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I'm really glad you put some justice for Adele.i like her as much as Jane.
Piccolo chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Lovely story! I was always interested in the character of Adele and wanted to read more about her. Very nicely done.
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Having read the novel fifteen or twenty times, Adele's situation has always bothered me. It is especially hard to reconcile how Jane, who grew up with so little love and affection, treated Adele as little more than a responsibility.
Beth Rose Harker chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
A really interesting view of Jane and Adele. I can't believe from reading this story that you've never been through the whole book - you write as if you know the characters well.
writingblondie chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I really like this. It's really a view of Adele that I'd never thought of before. Great job!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Excellent point - and story. Hadn't thought about it but while reading saw the 2 opposites with the same problem "how fortunate"...thought provoking.