Reviews for Something To Remember Me By
Maid Marion chapter 21 . 7/9/2013
This is a really good story, so detailed. I am very impressed. I was really engrossed in the story and it was really enjoyable to read. Thank you for writing it and allowing others to read it.
Belphegor chapter 21 . 11/7/2012
I can say without any doubt that I'm going to miss getting alerts for this story. I *am* glad it ended this way (thank you for not going the "Casablanca" route or making it more bitter than sweet!), but following it these past months has been a sheer delight. I almost like Wolfert as a villain; despite his line of work and the fact that he is a Nazi in the first place, he seemed to have an honour code of his own, and to have been genuinely in love with Claire (well, Anne-Marie, really, since he never knew Claire, unlike Louis). The way you slowly explain her backstory, too, was fascinating, very well-paced; I particularly loved the flash-back chapters (from both points of view), as they had a very distinct feel but were equally enjoyable. I also have to congratulate you on your creations for this story: there hasn't been a single original character of yours I didn't enjoy, and Wolfert is the perfect antagonist for this piece, but Anne-Marie Barrallier, aka. Claire Chauvel, is a wonderful character, very memorable and clearly drawn while having depths. I'm so glad she got off all right :o)

Oh, and I absolutely love you for working Kilroy in a story. It's such a funny and lovely bit of WW2 history, when I remembered what it was about I laughed out loud. As for the doodle of a pant-less Hitler... Since Addison is American, I assume this means he's drawn the guy without trousers? Then I have to wonder what he's done that's worse. Short-sheeting Gruber's bed, perhaps? (Although Gruber may beg to differ...)

Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 21 . 11/6/2012
What a nice ending to this story. Well done dust

BTW, I love the addition of Kilroy and Hitler with no pants. Addison's certainly taken on a life of his own in this story.
konarciq chapter 21 . 11/6/2012
Very nice tying up of the story. Even with some sort of a happy ending!

Though I'd love to know the *bad* thing Addison did... Who or what is Kilroy by the way?

Really enjoyed the banter at the beginning of the second paragraph. So true to life!
konarciq chapter 20 . 11/6/2012
Okay, so it was Newkirk after all ;-D

I confess I was more than a little puzzled by the beginning of this chapter. I don't recall them getting the key to translate the runes to Latin letters, nor the key to the code that gives them access to know all those people involved and what they did. But it might simply be due to the fact that it's been ages since I read the previous chapters, and I may have simply forgotten. I will have to read it again :-)
konarciq chapter 19 . 11/6/2012
Oh man, he really got to talk to Hitler? Where was Newkirk with his interceptions?
ColHogan chapter 21 . 11/3/2012
Glad to see Wolfert got exactly what he deserved, and that his little network is unraveling. Am also glad LeBeau will get to see Anne-Marie one last time.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 21 . 11/2/2012
What a lovely dénouement to a lovely story. You kept the tension low-key but present, lightened by your characteristic (and very HH) touches of humor. (How I love your Addison! I hereby put in a request for a story all his own.)

And the resolution of all the uncertainty was perfect! I loved the sympathetic responses of all the Heroes to the welcome message from the Underground, and LeBeau was so touching in his dazed reaction - "afraid to believe". Love it!

Thanks so much for another terrific story.
buggleston chapter 21 . 11/2/2012
Excellent ending to a great story!
Glad to see that Wolfert got what was coming to him.
Really happy that Claire made it safely and LeBeau will get a chance to see her again before she returns to London!
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 21 . 11/2/2012
What a great ending to a wonderful story. I'm glad Wolfert got what was coming to him and that LeBeau will get to see Claire again before they send her off to England
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 20 . 10/26/2012
Like ColHogan, I too sense this story is winding down, and it's been quite the ride. And like Sgt. Moffitt, I'm glad this is only a fictional story. Although I suspect a scheme like Wolfert's wouldn't have been impossible for the times. I'm looking forward to the moment of Claire's departure, as I'm curious to see how you'll handle it.

I enjoyed your dialogue, as you usual. (You're definitely write Newkirk the best and most consistently out of anyone I've read.) Especially the part below.

"Tell you what, I could even fancy that fish stew of LeBeau's."

"I think there's some corned-beef hash left over from last night," suggested Kinch, stretching his back, and tilting his head from side to side to loosen his neck.

Newkirk snorted. "I'm not that bloody hungry."

Love it! It's so Newkirk and so canon.
buggleston chapter 20 . 10/26/2012
Good to see they got their hands on the information. Cannot wait to see the reactions of both Wolfert and LeBeau.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 20 . 10/26/2012
Lord have mercy! Planting agents in POW camps to identify potential blackmail victims? What a scheme! I'm glad this is a fictional story, and that you're on our side, dust. But it sounds just the kind of thing Wolfert would dream up. And the spiteful gesture of having LeBeau released in time to see Anne-Marie leave with Wolfert is also just like him.

It was an education to see how you described the activity going on underground to decipher the runes and crack the code. For some reason the picture of Newkirk, who "had somehow found his way into an unusually deep state of concentration", with all the untouched coffee mugs lined up in front of him, was especially vivid in my mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and finding out what happens to poor Claire. Can't help but feel there's a Casablanca moment coming up!
ColHogan chapter 20 . 10/26/2012
Great chapter. I sense this story is winding down, and I must say I have enjoyed the ride. Boy, I agree with Hogan. This Wolfert has some high rollers working with him, including in five POW camps(fortunately not Stalag 13). I hope this traitors can be rounded up also. Glad LeBeau's gonna be released and the rest of his sentence forgotten. I can't wait to see Wolfert's face when he realizes how badly he has been played by Hogan and his crew. I also hope Anne-Marie comes out of this all right.
jediyam chapter 19 . 10/20/2012
thats funny, i like the end