Reviews for Good For What Ails Ya
nancylou chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
To Sam, Dean is mother, father, brother, best friend, protector, security blanket and favorite teddy bear all wrapped up in one package.

So, of course Sam would want to spend the day taking care of Dean, for all the days that Dean took care of him.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
am has a point about Dean. Since Dean is Sam's "mother" he probably wants to spend time with Dean too.
Jimelda chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Aw man, when the Winchesters make time in their schedule to see The Avengers before me, it's time to get my butt in gear! It's nice to see Dean not clamming up on Sam for once, but instead actually letting him share the day with him.

Thanks for this.

Cheers,

Jimelda
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Awesome choice! The Avengers rocks!

Great way to cover the Mother's Day thing. :D

Well done. :)
Dizzo chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Nicely done; a Mothers Day celebration as only the winchesters can :)
Spirit Burner AKA Chick Feed chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
That Dean, not a hard boy to bribe or cheer up :)

Chick xx
Swellison chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This is great! I like how Sam knows Dean's feeling down about Mother's Day and tries to make it better. First, Sam tries the adult "I'm here" emo approach and when that doesn't work, he goes to "Plan B" - treat Dean to the Avengers movie, with popcorn. I can just hear them arguing about Loki after seeing it, too;-)

Sue
sylia91 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Considering Dean basically raised Sam then it would make sense for the boys to celebrated Mother's Day together but don't tell Dean he's the girl.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
And somewhere in the universe Mary Winchester is either facepalming or rolling her eyes.

Lol. Nice work. Hulk crush? Oh, Sammy. Well, at least he got points for trying.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I love how you worked in everything of the day on this drabble, mother's day and the current most popular movie, very cool.
rog457 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I can certainly see Dean all angsty and brooding on Mothers Day and Sam hovering giving him sideways looks full of love and caring.

The Avengers is the perfect movie for those two warriors :-).
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
It had to be hard on Dean, especially since he did have some memories of having a mom. Whenever they were kids at a new school and mother's day rolled around I'm sure he hated having to tell the new teacher that there was no reason for him to make the macaroni necklace coz he didn't have a mom to give it to. Every year, different school and no past history followed them to fore warn the teachers that the Winchester boys could/should be excused from mother's day crafts...because... So Dean would have to tell them. Again.

And if Sam wasn't scarred by the memories of having had a mom and then loosing her surly a sense of loss would have been driven home by all the fuss made over the white paste covered projects that he didn't get to make...because...and that sense of being left out of something his other classmates had would have made the kid feel his own slice of loneliness, maybe not as painful as Dean's but a sense of loss none the less.

So yeah, damn straight, a celebration that they still had each other would definitely be in order!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 5/13/2012