Reviews for Death Is Only The Beginning
Tony chapter 51 . 9/11/2016
Do you plan on updating this story more just finished what was written and wondered if there would be more I've really enjoyed it
dsty292 chapter 51 . 9/7/2016
So. I wonder what you think of how the manga ended. No spoilers here just in case!

This is awesome, and I am continuously excited to see where it goes.

Also, not that I'm hoping for another flame, but the way you dealt with that flame about 30 chapters ago was utterly hilarious.
dsty292 chapter 38 . 9/7/2016
So I just realized that you wrote this before the reveal that Isshin was the former Division 10 captain. And that, in the last chapter, you even had Ichigo wondering that exact question.

Wow. Beautiful coincidences.
dsty292 chapter 37 . 9/7/2016
I want to preface by saying that I really don't like to post reviews until I reach the current/last chapter. I mean to say that this chapter finally compelled me to comment.

I guess I'll start from the beginning. So, I'm currently reading your story from, well, chapter one. It's been... about a week since I started?

I have to say, I am more than impressed. The story direction is one that, I think, deals with this exhausted plotline (i.e. Ichigo in Soul Society 100 years earlier than canon) with something fresh, and that something, I honestly believe, is simply that you treat Ichigo and Rukia (and, in fact, everyone else around them) as people, as characters, not as tropes.

The reason I am writing this review right now at all is because I absolutely adore your presentation of Byakuya. This is a person, brought up by a noble family, placed in a military organization, and suffering the loss of his wife. He is not, as some seem to believe, a cold "villain-hero" stereotype.

I remember that you mentioned how much you value realism. You need not be concerned; I haven't felt a single decision, a single thought, a single piece of dialogue out of place. It is easily the most "realistic" Bleach fic I have encountered. I notice that you often defend the plot direction in your author notes. I do welcome them, as they give some insight into what you were thinking while writing, which is always neat. That being said, I don't think they are necessary in any way, because readers who disagree with you (read: 99Luffy) are either a little too entitled or haven't experienced enough of life.

Tied into the realism is the fact that your pacing is perfect. In my opinion, nothing seems rushed, or slowed. There are dozens of examples I could name (and have probably forgotten already) but the one that stands out is how you convince the reader that Ichigo's path to captain-hood occurs neither too quickly nor too slowly. We expect him to do well off the bat due to his special talents, but not quite to the degree that he becomes a taichou right out of the Academy!

The only thing I've been a little miffed about in this fic was that Kanisawa's death and Aoba's injury during the Academy training exercise played out rather similar to what happened in canon. I suppose it felt too simple where other canon similarities like Kaien's death felt like they belonged. Regardless, a very small thing, and something that hasn't changed my appreciation for your writing.

Thank you for your work!
ateeqjattiembro chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
This is the first fanfiction i read of Bleach and I love it! Chapter 1 here I come
SteveEst98 chapter 51 . 9/1/2016
Very good story and I can't wait for next chapter. Keep on keepin' on.
bugaboo13 chapter 51 . 8/28/2016
Fantastic fanfiction, I hope to more and hope that thsi story is still ongoing
R chapter 18 . 8/24/2016
Ok I'm officially pissed off.

Division 6? Are you serious? That is like putting ikkaku in the kido corps. Ichigo would chafe at the rigid attitude of Byakuya, and the formal, strict mindset of the squad itself. if this is some bullshit "proving himself to Byakuya for Rukia's affection" I'm going to burst a testicle.
Oddballzebra chapter 44 . 8/24/2016
Ya, I can't do this anymore. This story had a lot of potential but now it's turned out to be shit. Dropping the story.
Oddballzebra chapter 41 . 8/22/2016
How have they been dating for five years and still not had sex?
Oddballzebra chapter 40 . 8/21/2016
Oh wow, your regurgitating more canon plot. Didn't see that coming...
Oddballzebra chapter 37 . 8/20/2016
I still don't get why everyone is keeping Ichigo's heritage from him. There isn't any point to keeping him in the dark.
Oddballzebra chapter 29 . 8/19/2016
Ichigo, as always, is a naive idiot.
DerGelbeHut chapter 51 . 8/19/2016
Soooo I just finished reading your story and I can only praise you. This is the best fucking story I've read yet and honestly I enjoyed reading it more than I enjoyed watching the bleach anime (and I'm a huge fanboy just that you know). So whatever people might tell you about it being too close to the "normal" storyline for like the first 30 chapters of complaining about you, taking some time with updating, I just wanted you to know that I will keep reading this story over and over again until you decide to update it once again - because the waiting will be worth it for sure.

Also I kinda plan to write it down on paper if you don't mind (I dont plan on selling it or anything tho - just if you thought that) but if you do t agree with that please just message me and I will not do that.

That aside I just wanted to tell you once again that this story is freaking awesome so keep it up Senpaiii~
Oddballzebra chapter 23 . 8/19/2016
Why does Ichigo just let Rukia hit him all the time? He's such a little bitch when it comes to her.
2,093 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »