Reviews for The Man of My Dreams
She-Who-Is-Not-To-Be-Psycho chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
OK, I had yet to see an Arnold/Helga fanfic that was both funny and in character, but yours is just amazing! You say this was "pretty bad"? I've been rummaging through a list of recommended Hey!Arnold fics on the net and the only other fanfic I could even start to like was a Brainy/Helga fanfic, amazingly because it obvious goes against my OST, and which just goes to show great minds think alike ? O_o Twice in a row, Brainy... And I also liked how you conceived this as a what-if scenario, to make Helga -and the audience too- actually ponder if this 'dream Arnold' was really what Helga wanted. It was very intelligently done - at some point I must admit I was a bit stumped by enamoured!Arnold behavior, being the one that was most out of character (love the characterization of the Patakis, and Helgas is impecable!). And, to tell you the truth, I too had problems swallowing that presidential happy-ever-after scenario in Married. It suddenly felt too out of character of Arnold, too... but lol, wouldn't it be awesome if Helga did indeed dropped her locket... that whole confession scene was just -truly- brilliant. The characters are written like they're just out of the animated series, it's amazing, and it gave me a fuzzy feeling and nostalgia that was very much appreciated.
OK, nothing else to say. This is the longest review I've written in a while. It should say something about how much I enjoyed it. Very nice work. It goes in my favorites *thumbs up*
Myriamj chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Well, i love this history. It's great.
Thanks for write it.
Tuppence chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Well, I haven't seen Married but I really liked this. I have to say, I did think all of Arnold's cute names for Helga was excessive, but the dream exlpained it all. It was really good -very cute. To paraphrase Rhonda, I'm sure it will eventually happen. :)

Tuppence
SeraphimK chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
At first I was thinking, "Hahaha, this is hilarious!" Especially when she accidentally punched Arnold-that was great. xD Then I started to think, "Arnold is a little OOC..." Then, "Um, okay, Arnold would *definitely* not be that sappy..." And finally, "WTF? This is getting ridiculous!" LOL. I felt really dumb when I realized it had been a dream. :P

I really like the part where Arnold turns into Brainy. I'm not sure if this is what you were saying, but this is how I interpreted it: in the book Arnold's E-Files, Brainy is really sappy and poetic-just like Arnold is in Helga's dreams. So, even though she doesn't realize it, the man of her dreams is really Brainy.

Every time I read one of your fics, it gives me a new perspective on the characters. I don't know what I'm going to do after I read all of them. Agh! Write more fics! :P
Helgagurl46 chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Okay, maybe it wasn't really supposed to be, but that was hilarious! I loved it! I knew something was wrong ever since they went to school, Arnold was just way too sappy and pathetic...anyway, I thought it was great...love your writing...;)
Wravyn chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Whoa! That was funny and quirky and sad all at the same time. I was getting all confused about Arnold's OOC-ness already (thinking, Pyrus usually has the characs dead-on!) and then it turns out to be the oldest trick in the book...a dream.

*sigh*
Eve4000 chapter 1 . 8/11/2002
that was cool
Eve4000 chapter 1 . 8/11/2002
that was cool
JESS3 chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
interesting ending..my favorite part is when she swings her arm back thinking she is going to hit brainy. If only it was real it would have been funny...lol...

**Jessica A. Dun...**
Miss Matched chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Well, mid way through, I was kind of mad. "They're only fourth graders" I thought to myself, "And Arnold seems OOC"

But what a nice way to end it. Kudos!
Haley chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
Awesome, and very well written. You see right into Helga's head, in how she wishes things could be. How that ended was fantastic, and it was so cute when she went to strike Brainy and it wasn't him. Heh, great job.
Zarius chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
Oh god..that was terrific. Damn the fates that keep helga the way she is.
AKADropsofJupiter chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
LOL, ok. At first I was all, "this is GOOD!," and then started to get a little, "Uh... mmkay...," and finally progressed all the way to "What the fsk is going on? He called her 'Angel'?" You had me deeply scared for a minute! But then it all turned out ok, hooray! You made a very good point about the way Helga wanted Arnold, and it was a good lesson for her to have. Now, when she really *does* get him, she'll appreciate it more! Whoo! Great story, more more more!