Reviews for A Slip of the Tongue
theparkers100 chapter 29 . 1/29
I absolutely loved this!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2022
E b toujours aussi orgueilleuse
2lulu2 chapter 27 . 6/13/2022
Apparently I’ve already read and reviewed haha. So I’m looking for a chapter I can post this on that I haven’t reviewed in the past.

I realize you wrote this 10 years ago so maybe you don’t even look at these reviews, but I really enjoyed your story! You did a great job on your first one. I wonder if you ever wrote that futuristic story you spoke about in your authors note? Sounds interesting. I’m wondering how the men would be reproducing… anyway, thanks for sharing!
MistyGirl2014 chapter 7 . 3/1/2022
hi, great chapter lol there more than 1 word, all the best and hope you are still writing
Shelby66 chapter 29 . 1/19/2022
I loved your story! Are you still writing Pride and Prejudice stories? Hope you are well.
anonymous chapter 29 . 12/25/2021
The premise of your futuristic story is already an episode of Rick & Morty
sunshineandsparklesfan chapter 18 . 11/13/2021
I love how you flipped Elizabeth's refusal of the canon first proposal, to make it Darcy's second proposal for your story - with much happier adjectives, of course.
sunshineandsparklesfan chapter 13 . 11/13/2021
Um Lizzy, [giggles]. Darcy is probably talking about kissing to fill the silence. But she's too innocent to pick up on that yet.
MelodieMLB chapter 4 . 11/8/2021
Thank you so much for your story. I'm enjoying it tremendously!
FireRose77 chapter 10 . 10/30/2021
Flawless!

It has all the context of the Hansford "foot-in-mouth" proposal, but in a way it is filled with more anxiety!

Felt that it had the energy of the near shouting match of the 2005 movie!Sorry, I love C.F. in everything BUT his Darcy, I'm a staunch "Macfady Fan," I strongly dislike J.E. as her whole demeanor makes her more akin to Caroline Bingley than Elizabeth Bennet to ever imagine THEM while reading any PnP fic. And I'm sorry also to say that much of the Hansford proposal part of JA's original absolutely didn't do it for me. There was too much "Tell" and not enough "Show" for me.

And at the same time... Your take... Having had an acceptance of the proposal, botched as it was, and with the tension of physical attraction buzzing (2005 context) made tangible in that kiss, AND the self-assured Darcy being rejected like that, it was incredibly more powerful a scene! I could FEEL poor Darcy's heart breaking!
FireRose77 chapter 8 . 10/30/2021
Your tangent, being asked in marriage instead of a set of dances, makes your story immensely interesting. I like it quite a lot!

But the reason for my comment is not what happens but WHEN. PnP starts at the beginning of Fall. Bingley takes possession of Netherfield by Michaelmas, a bit before the end of September, and the Public Assembly where everyone shows up is mid October. The Ball at Netherfield in on the last week of November. So if it's supposed to be an engagement of 3 months, like you mentioned on a previous chapter, the wedding would be by the end of February 1812.

You write it is Summer in this! Summer in the context of PnP is either the one in 1811, before the actual story, when all the Georgiana elopement from Ramsgate debacle happens. And the 1812 Summer is supposed to be several months away! Canon would have Elizabeth and the Gardiners meet Darcy, but with your AU it changed, maybe they'll find their HEA by then or they'll still be at each other's throats. Haven't read enough yet.

By all the time you write has pased we should be around Christmas now, not Summer.

It is worth saying, your concept, plot, and narrative are great. It is the timing that threw me off big time.
Delbert59 chapter 29 . 9/18/2021
Thanks for the story
Kuwpp2 chapter 29 . 9/2/2021
A good read. Thanks for sharing your story.
Kuwpp2 chapter 26 . 9/2/2021
Lydia spoke the truth. Mr. Bennet is worthless.
Kuwpp2 chapter 24 . 9/2/2021