Reviews for Fire and Ice
Hi why did you stop pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee continue
I am in agreement with many previous reviews - this is definitely the best Zutara story ever. Intricately woven, masterfully blended with canon story arc, but way deeper, way more elaborate. This is the true course of a story; and I'm especially impressed with the Ozai/Azula handling. Not a simple "baddies", but complex characters with hidden personality, not just blood thirsting maniacs.

All I can do is weep over this abandoned masterpiece.

I just hope the LadyAvatar will look over this reviews at some point. Yes, LadyAvatar, no one except you!
OKAY LISTEN... LAST TIME THIS WAS UODATED WAS 2013... IT’S 2018 NOW SO I HAVE NO HOPE. BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THIS IS THE BEST DAMN FANFIC EVER AND IM SAD THAT ITS OVER.
Gaby.enoza chapter 40 . 4/28
wait, what? is that it? NO! PLEASE COME BACK! I NEED MORE! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN! please, I know it's been nearly six years.. but please.. I will follow it just in case..
Kj chapter 40 . 4/23
I have no words. This story is an absolute masterpiece. Please...come back...I have to know the rest...
G.C. Gonzalez chapter 1 . 4/23
I am excited about this!
4ever-oreo chapter 1 . 3/18
I have already fallen in love with you.
I, too realised that in many Zutara FF the relationship starts mostly after the war or the canon gets changed COMPLETELY. Now I am really eager to read you story because you blew me away with your introduction. Sheesh...I think I might sound too overdramatic but this is my honest opinion right now.
hiddenechoes chapter 7 . 2/26
Thank you, your writing is very enjoyable.
hiddenechoes chapter 4 . 2/26
I really love what you've done here. The pacing is much better than many I've read, and I appreciate that you recognize the need for development.
ItStartsWithZ chapter 40 . 12/9/2017
hey! i hope you are doing well in RL! i was glad to have found your fic, you write so well! kudos for this and your novella, and i hope you'll be able to finish this soon!
Guest chapter 40 . 9/4/2017
Come baaaaack! I need to know the ending!
LilyPrice chapter 33 . 8/25/2017
I knew it! Everything from the first dream on told me this would happen!
Jackieee.98 chapter 40 . 8/19/2017
I'm super sad you didn't continue on with the story! I was hooked!
Leraiv Snape chapter 40 . 8/11/2017
So: I have reached the end. And I have been dreading this moment. When I read the opening chapter and you mentioned a fic with some 90 chapters, I quickly checked the chapter count and your last update date. I thought to myself, "Well, I'll just hope she changed her mind on the way. Surely 40 chapters can lead to a wonderful and completed fic."

40 exquisite chapters later, I find myself bereft. I have stayed up way too late and ignored a multitude of chores to carry me to the end of what has been written for 'Fire and Ice' and I am entranced. I swear, it entered my dreams last night. The very real possibility of never knowing where you were going with this when you started saddens me.

This is one of the best renderings of a Zutara that has also endeavored to remain true to the other pairings we see in canon. I struggle with the idea of Kataang as it is presented in the show - when I look at Aang, I see a child, and therefore find writing it stiff and difficult. You had no trouble wrapping the complexities of emotion for Aang and Katara into a neat, understandable bundle. I shrug when it comes to Mai and Zuko. So much of Mai is left unexplored that it's easier to see her and Zuko together, but even canonically, I found them a useful plot device more than a 'ship I could get on board with. Again, you've managed to weave the reality of their childhood into the way they feel as young adults beautifully. Your treatment of Jin was genius. I say this because my emotional, invested reader side didn't like it. It was beautifully crafted and wonderfully evocative and she's a much fuller character in your fic...and as a dyed-in-the-wool Zutara fan, my heart broken for Katara, watching them together. You so accurately put that feeling - watching someone you love fall for another - into words that I felt my own heart icing over.

It is one of the stories that I think best captures Katara's thought processes as she works her way through her feelings for Zuko and Aang. This is a theme often treated superficially, or the storm comes and blows over in the space of a chapter, or it is simply a number of years later and we don't treat it at all. Thank you for an assessment that sounds like a fourteen-year-old girl, instead of the mature medical student we know you to be. I think most of us forget what it's like to be fourteen, to think and feel with the intensity of youth as we age. You have not made this error - Katara is every inch a fourteen year old in a tough situation. She rises magnificently to some occasions, and thoroughly botches others. Thank you for an imperfect heroine who I can still root for.

Iroh...there isn't much to say. The way you wrote his return to Zuko was beautiful...and his death was agony. Zuko screaming at Katara that she killed his uncle, his dismissal of her healing when speaking to Toph - were two further places that I realized how invested I was in this story. My heart ached for Katara, and Zuko's hard words impacted my chest along with hers. I was convinced he hadn't betrayed them in Ba Sing Se, and I am glad that that was borne out. But I felt that flicker of doubt - you set up his complete and icy anger over Iroh so fully, that it could have been possible to believe that he had genuinely re-joined his sister.

The only character that I feel is out of character is Toph. And then, only in regards to Sokka. We know that she likes him in canon, but I feel like she wouldn't soften herself for anyone. I struggle with the idea that she would turn into anyone's long-term caretaker. But that's only a personal opinion.

I guessed the man in the dream must be Ozai, and it is his relationship with Katara and their dreams that I am very sorry we will not be exploring. Most of us use Ozai as the over-arching baddie, with little character development if he even actually enters the fic at all. He is presented as one-dimensional, as such forces of evil usually are. But the dreams, the potential for them to have a rich and layered dynamic...there's a lot there.

Congratulations on finishing medical school. Congrats on publishing your novella (maybe you have added several to the list by now). You have inspired a number of us to improve our writing by virtue of sharing how you write, and you have an amazing gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Leraiv Snape chapter 22 . 8/10/2017
Okay, the part at the end where Iroh is back? Brought tears to my eyes. You've mastered a discussion of love in it's many forms. This is a beautiful and phenomenal fic. Absolutely amazing so far.
1,253 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »