Reviews for of a barren sea
Sticks and Steam chapter 1 . 5/4
Wow. That was amazing
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Wow. I wondered how cap would react to the two nuclear bombs...and this really seems like the answer. Brilliant!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Whoa. Whoa. Just. Yeah, this is definitely dark and angsty. But really powerful in that it's so believable. The world has changed since Steve knew it last. America has changed. To not even know that there had been an atomic bomb? And then to find out the rest of it? I mean, I can't even read the newspaper anymore and I didn't start anywhere near where Steve was coming from. Geeeeez now I'm never going to be able to get this out of my head. The scenes you chose were really great to show this, though, and the descriptions and emotions were perfect. BRAVO.
aljanny chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
For a good ten seconds after finishing, the only thought in my head was 'Holy damn...'
starfire25 chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
i love this fic. i love steve angst. and the steve and tony friendship.
goldenpuon chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Oh my goodness! So touching and heart-wrenching. On top of listening to a sad song while listening to this... Excellent excellent work! I just can't... the characterization, the feels... I am at a loss for words! Keep up the amazing work!
FrostFan chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
You should do one where again, something happens that upsets Steve and he's alone but he actually shoots himself. One bullet won't kill him though, and he knows that, but Tony interferes before he can fire the second bullet. The team then realizes how hard everything must be for the man out of time.
FrostFan chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Woah. That was good. Another?
lemurs366 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Good. Story. Really good. It bothers me to no end that Steve's reactio not history isn't a huge portion of avengers fics.

Cos I was thinking about it,and one of the biggest change in people's way life really, Fromm when he wento to sleep to when he woke up, is that people don't just inherently assume the governments in the right, or that it even has their best interests at heart.

Man, he'd be soooo bitter. He'd have to be unless his character changed dramatically.
Omg, just realized that if he hadn't been frozen, Steve woulda ended up as one of those jaded, bitter, crazed from PTSD old guys raving about the Man.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Oh... I think it's because Tony... *peace*

So Tony stop Steve from suicide, eh?!

Well... I think I get It - understand what Tony felt when he saw that...
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I'd like to see a sequel of this story. It would be extremely intresting. I printed out this story and searched through the archive to review it because it was so good.
Patriot West chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
That was amazing. I'm a sucker for Steve!whump. And this story was realistic and...just..,amazing. But that being said, I have a request to make. Um, do you think you could, maybe, post a second chapter or a one shot in Tony 's POV?
ORgasmicPigeon chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
O: poorsteve. And the worst thing is its completely true, all of it.. /:
constant boredom chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Fuck...God damn was it hard to see Cap so disheartened...I wanted to hug him so fucking bad the whole way though, I'm glad that Tony did at the end. This was depressing, but really, REALLY well-written, and the pacing was spot on. A.
Dancing With The Clouds chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
And another beautiful Steve angst story comes to a close. I admire your writing style, and do hope you keep writing.