Reviews for Total Drama Island: A New Beginning
Kamimoons chapter 9 . 7/18
So was that Morse code or random?
rhett.leonard.1 chapter 12 . 8/2/2017
I hope your still on the site and read this. Please start updating again. Just started reading TD fanfics a few weeks ago and yours is the best by far. Please return.
JokerCarnage5 chapter 9 . 8/10/2015
God! I hate Bridgette, she ruins every single freaking scene she is in!
It is like every time she has some dialog the story comes to a stop.
JokerCarnage5 chapter 5 . 6/22/2015
Thank god Leshawna is gone! I have never been able to stand her!
JokerCarnage5 chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
So far this seems worth reading.
AnimalKrazed chapter 10 . 1/8/2015
Justin is PURE EVIL!
Poor Izzy...
AnimalKrazed chapter 7 . 1/8/2015
I'm jst going to say this now, but Serious!Izzy scares me the most. For all the crazy that normally comes from her, she is also incredibly smart... I like that you managed to capture that. :D
zafnak chapter 12 . 11/15/2014
You do understand that sumo wrestlers are not just big slow fat guys in diapers, right? You ever see a sumo match? Those guys move in short, fast bursts of controlled speed and are STRONG! Sure they're really big, but isn't all blubber and that size makes them difficult to shift out of the ring, which is the whole point.

Oh man, listen to me sounding all Harold-like :-)
gaumeguro chapter 6 . 9/3/2014
I love love looooooooooove this so far. LOVE. Favorited. Followed. I enjoyed!
FOWLKON chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I have to say, this AU version of TDI is really intriguing.

Switching the members between both teams set up a whole new world of implications. First off, making Justin look like Alejandro was a nice touch, considering that the producers of the show tried to make him a villainous ascended extra in TDA before Courtney knocked him off as the big bad that season. And now that Heather is on his, team, it looks like things are going to be more interesting. Speaking of Heather, I wonder what the other Gophers will say?

Another thing, I wonder how Cody will deal with his Romantic Rivals of Harold (via Bridgette) and Trent (via Gwen) and what the girls would have to say about that? Also, would Noah tell Cody what he told Owen the proverb about "chasing two rabbits at the same time"? I'm asking because I curious to what a fight between Cody and Harold would be like (I would ask about Cody vs. Trent, but that match seems one-sided).
Rufus T. Serenity chapter 12 . 8/23/2014
Hey buddy! Firstly, I must say that I’m sorry it’s been so long since I reviewed this story. Sadly, the end of summer and getting ready for my next round of grad classes got in the way. But enough of that now…let’s get this long awaited review finally started! :)

And we begin with Cody, Noah, and Owen hitting breakfast. This was good place to start. And everything that was good came from Noah. It covered quite the range of topics: his comment to Cody about staring at Harold, his logical explanation to Owen of why nothing happened between Trent and Bridgette in the woods during the last challenge, him realizing that Justin attempted to get some dirt out of Owen last night, and his observation that the Bass seems to be “built to fail”. That last observation really got to me. I mean, its not like there’s some higher power that has the course of events predetermined, right, author? ;)

In fact, a lot of good stuff happened during this morning’s meal. For proof of that, I offer the confessionals of Trent and Bridgette about Heather. Again, they nicely represent the debate going on between the two teens about the limits of human goodness.

Next we get to the moment between Gwen and Harold. And let me just say, Harold’s confessional about Gwen was probably my favorite comedy moment in this chapter. :) Now, seeing this is as good a time as any, let me sum up my thoughts about Gwen for this entire chapter right here so I don’t needlessly repeat myself. Aside from Justin and Trent, Gwen in this story is the most different from how she was in-canon. Mainly in the fact that this Gwen is much more bitter and openly hostile than the TDI one. Of course Gwen was those things in TDI as well but she started to come out of her shell fairly quickly. However, when looking at the context of this story, that makes a lot of scene. During TDI, the people who Gwen was actually friendly with (eventually) that were seen and unquestionable were: Trent, Cody, Bridgette, Leshawna, and Owen. Of those five people in the current context of this story, there's only Trent. Leshawna was eliminated early on. Gwen is still bitter at Bridgette for what she imagines she did with Trent. And Gwen didn't warm up to Cody until he hooked her up with Trent or Owen until he helped her take down Heather. In both of those last two cases, they had to do something for her to earn her trust and friendship. Anyway, because of that, we are seeing the bitter Gwen for much longer than we did during TDI. Also, the little hints from her talks with Harold, Bridgette, and Heather tease a darker backstory. I look forward to seeing what has happened to Gwen while hoping that she can both a close friend to at least a few of those people mentioned earlier, preferably Bridgette and Cody.

The rest of the breakfast stuff mostly just recaps the emotional states of Ezekiel, Izzy, and Katie…and how much they are all hurting right now for different yet united reasons. Also, seeing as Izzy doesn’t get much screen-time in this chapter, let just say something. Despite knowing you didn’t know of it when you wrote its beginning, Izzy’s current state reminds me of Lugo from “Spec Ops: The Line”, the previously funny character turns into a emotional husk of their former selves because of the guilt of some great horror. Admittedly, Izzy’s act of horror was far softer than Lugo’s but the basic idea is the same.

Out of the moments after Chris’ reveal of the challenge but before the first test of fear, the best stuff came from Justin, both in him offering Chris some hair gel and him telling Owen to not talk to Izzy when they were both on the plane.

While Harold’s confessional about Gwen was my favorite funny moment, Heather actually beating the sumo wrestler was a very close second! As much as Heather is horrible in this story, I had to give her that moment of awesomeness. :)

Nice reactions with everyone aside from Noah and Trent fleeing from Cody with the time bomb. I don’t know if it was intentional but the confessional line from Cody, “Why must life be so complex”, I think applies to this story when compared to the actual show. Also, everyone’s confessionals after Cody failed to disarm the bomb were equally nice.

Awesome job having Lindsay making it over that minefield in high heels unscathed. Plus it’s nice to wonder if Lindsay is actually starting to remember Tyler or not.

Moving on, next we go to Noah. Him hearing from Beth what Justin did in the previous challenge will likely have major significance. Even though Noah already had his suspicions of Justin, this pretty much confirmed them. I could talk about this gives Noah an advantage over Justin in any possible future showdown but instead I'll talk about Noah's conduct in his scene with Beth and Katie. Noah in this chapter stuck a good balance between him being a deadpan cynic who doesn't give a *bleep* and a decent enough guy. After all, he didn’t have to tell Beth any of his thoughts.

Next, let's talk about Bridgette and Harold. The most likely significant thing about the scene between them is that it’s the first hinting that Bridgette might have some feelings for Harold. Before this point, all the attraction was on Harold's side of things and Bridgette has only expressed any interest in Cody. True, it might just have been the awkwardness of the situation and Bridgette being as nice as she can be but regardless I'm sure Harold will further his efforts to court her. Things will get only harder for Cody I’m sure. And for the record, I hope that Cody gets Bridgette instead of Harold.

Since I already talked about Gwen in this chapter, I’ll only say about her scene in the coffin that it both has Heather repeating what she tried to do during World Tour with Ale (with just as much success) and it was another hint of Gwen/Trent.

It was naturally nice to see Lindsay help Tyler overcome his fear.

Ok, next we get to what it the biggest scene of the chapter…the one between Ezekiel and Justin. Naturally, Justin was able to come up with a compelling argument for his side. Again I am amazed at how well you write Justin as an intelligent, manipulating villain. But even though Justin is awesome here, I must give my highest praises to Ezekiel. Firstly, he managed to find some small flaws in Justin’s logic by pointing out that the trauma that Justin was just rallying against was caused by him intentionally. Secondly, he managed to punch Justin! As pointless as that was, I’ll admit that it was very pleasing. But, the third and biggest reason I praise Ezekiel is because of the shift in his goals. He is now determined to do anything that is necessary to overcome Justin no matter what it is while still pretending to be the loyal follower of the handsome horror. Again, this made me think of “Spec Ops”, but this time it was Walker who I thought of. Hopefully things will turn out better for Ezekiel than the good ‘ol Captain, yes?

Continuing, next we get to Eva’s fear. I must say, you did a good job with her fear…the fear of losing. And of course she blew it.

And we get to the elimination ceremony. I must say…you out did yourself here! The build up to Heather’s elimination was as simple as it was brilliant! It’s amazing how much of a difference the tiny detail was of not saying the “safe” people got marshmallows. Seriously, it was gold! I’ll definitely be making notes about this if I ever write a fic that has eliminations in it.

Anyway, then we get the biggest shocker of the whole chapter…Heather on the Killer Bass because of Beth’s medical elimination! This reveal was as shocking as it was awesome! Justin might have a strangle hold over the Bass but Heather’s inclusion will give him some real challenges I’m sure. And on the flip side of that, Heather is by far going to have her toughest times with the Bass. I could see this going in many directions.

So, there you have it. Even after a year, this chapter was pretty damn awesome! You haven’t lost your touch one little bit when it comes to this story. I’ll be eagerly waiting for what comes next. I’m quite curious to see your take on the episode “Up the Creek”.

I’m hopeful that your next update will come sooner than your previous one but regardless of whenever you update next, I’ll be very happy to see what comes next.

Until next time, good job and please keep up the good work! :)
teneery chapter 12 . 8/19/2014
An update! Yes!

I think any chapter of a good story is worth a wait, especially when pretty much everyone think the fic is dead. Sure, I might say this as someone who discovered the story around three months ago, but I still mean it!

So now Heather is on the Killer Bass. Interesting turn of events, can't say I expected this, especially after her winning a point (I'm guessing the three people who didn't vote for her were herself, Duncan and either Harold or Bridgette.) Now she has Lindsay and Katie to manipulate, just like she wished... Wonder if it's going to work out after all this time! It's good that the queen bee stayed in the game, but I still feel sorry for Beth. I hope that her actions will help the other campers to get rid of Justin eventually (meaning that Noah pretty much heard a confirmation from her about Justin's character and Katie can finally see the truth when she'll think her words through.)

I know that tarantulas' bites have a very low toxicity to humans, but the said bites can be nasty (pain and red marks.) I know that Your Justin is different than Justin from the canon, but I don't think he wouldn't care about it that much. Plus he pretty much confessed that he's not that afraid of them. He only got a pass on that because Chris wanted Killer Bass to win for once, right?

Noah's fear was hilarious (fantasy books rule!) :) And advanced the plot. I'm guessing Chris put Beth in his challenge on purpose, hm?

It was nice to see Tyler defeating his fear thanks to Lindsay. And Lindsay's challenge... Well, she was one lucky girl to survive that. Also Duncan tearing down the standee was absolutely hysterical.

Now that You came back with writing I only have to wait a few more dramatic chapters to happen, before Ezekiel and Izzy come back to each other. Right? Right?! *trying not to sound desperate*

All in all I enjoyed the chapter, though I can point a few other in the story that were better than this one. Can't wait for the next one though :)
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
Heh, this was pretty cool. Also, interesting how you twisted the whole 'not voting for the one who did well', to show how much Heather's team despises her.

Keep the good writing.
Ander Arias chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
Wow, an update! Welcome back! I thought that this story was defunct, I'm so happy that you decided to continue it.

This chapter was awesome, a pure joy to read from begining to end. Your writing skills handn't decayed at all. What drew me the most was how the characters eliminated in canon (Ezekiel, Eva, Noah, Justin and Katie) would fare against their fears. In the previous chapter, I was suspecting that Justin wasn't telling the truth about his fears, not because he knew about the challenge, but because he wouldn't want to give the others something to use against him. Even with his excuse of the spiders not being poisonous (though I think Tarantulas are indeed poisonous), this at least should have elicit some reaction from Chris or other campers.

It's a pity that Ezekiel and Izzy's relationship doesn't seem to improve. Hope it does in the future, mostly because it's kind of sad to see crazy and hyperactive Izzy so glum. It's almost like she isn't herself. Which, by the way, she didn't appear much in this chapter. Also hope to see more of her in the future.

Cliché as it sounds, I really liked Tyler completing his challenge thanks to Lindsay's encouragement. Probably the most tender moment of the chapter. And Lindsay completing her challenge so carelessly was rather funny as well. To be fair, I was expecting the blonde to be blown up like it happened to Cody.

Awww, poor Beth. It's a pity that she had to leave like that, I was hoping that she would stay longer, at least until she helped Ezekiel to unmask Justin.

Heather's initial elimination was indeed shocking. When she completing her challenge I thought that she would be safe because the only contestants who go home are those who fail a challenge, and you made a wonderful point in that no matter how good you are in challenges, people will vote you if you're an insufferable asshole. I presume that the contestant who convinced Eva to lose was Trent, right? He was the most determined to kick Heather out. Though it could be anyone, really. I guess that the only people who didin't vote for Heather were Duncan, Bridgette and Heather herself, am I right?

Heather being transferred to the Killer Bass will make for some interesting situations, the first one seeing the screaming gophers' face when they see that Heather is still here and can't do nothing to eliminate her now. Also, Justin now has a real opponent that will give him more than a headache. Well, at least Justin will have to focus most of his energy on Heather, and this will give Ezekiel some freedom from him.

Well, I hope it doesn't take you another year to update this story again, especially after you delighted us with such an awesome chapter that changed the status quo so much. As a reward for resuming this story, I might do some more fanart of this story in the near future.
JD127 chapter 12 . 8/17/2014
HOLY CRAP YOU UPDATED! IS THIS REAL LIFE?! DID I GO ON FANFICTION TO CALM MY NERVES AFTER PLAYING FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S ONLY TO FIND OUT YOU UPDATED?! DID I POUR A BUCKET OF ICE WATER ON ME TODAY?! WHAT IS THIS?!

After my stroke, I'm glad to finally get an update after so long. Seriously dude, pretty damn long. Like the last time the Cubs won a World Series long. It was a good chapter that was enjoyable even though my fav Cody almost died. I hope he ends up with Bridgette, unless you have Cody get with another girl. I just wanna see Cody happy. Anyways, I hope you can update faster than a one legged dog climbing up the stairs of the Empire State Building. Later bae.
JD Out