Reviews for First Night
Suesassysue chapter 1 . 4/3
Wonderful how you expressed the contradictions of love and turmoil in his mind that Louisa has brought into his life.
jwoo2000 chapter 1 . 2/12
I loved it! Especially where he summarizes his thoughts, such as, "I'm terrified," "Complete Rubbish,"
"I felt such overwhelming despair that my knees nearly gave way." It seems to me that with his personality, he would feel like this.

Keep writing!
reallybodmin chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Oh my goodness! Hadn't read this one before. It is beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Fabulous!
Dina C chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Lovely insightful piece of writing that gives us a very good glimpse of what he's thinking during this episode. Just saw this one today, so I was happy to discover this. Thanks for sharing! :-)
Kumquat12 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Woot! Sweet! Keep writing.
lucysmom chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
how wonderfully written. Expressed in only the way Martin could do...GREAT JOB!
DianeB chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Nicely done - no, *spectacularly done* if it's been 12 years since you've written anything. Glad you chose Doc Martin to start up with.

Your doc seems much more aware of his failings than does the one on TV, which is too bad, because this self-awareness makes him a lot more likeable.

Your narrative is lovely: easy to read and to visualize. I see you've written one more. Fabulous!
partsguy chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Pretty good take on what he, and most of us, would say to ourselves after getting something we always wanted and never thought we could have.
jd517 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Really well done. You have given us a wonderful taste of the emotions roiling around in that head of his. More, please!
3211 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
If this is what you can write after 12 years you have deffinately missed your calling, brilliant.
Bodmin chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Nice thoughts that you've put into Martin's head. Very believable, too.

I suppose when Martin finally came to his senses after that proposal, he must have been in total disbelief how he had managed to bed this beautiful woman, and very puzzled about his own feelings.
statesidefan chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Fantastic! What an excellent writer, smart, incisive. Look forward to more from you - a gift to everyone!
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
A great snapshot of that moment in time. I look forward to reading more of your work. Thanks for sharing.
Boots1980 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
You have Martin's POV perfectly. Well-written description of his feelings that wonderful night.