Reviews for The Scent Of Spilled Oil
IndubitableInk chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
The whole piece is enjoyable (the delicate introspection hidden as observation, the well-placed parenthetical asides, the mood-revealing nuance of description), but oh, the ending. The ending is superb.
Pidgeon Adrian O'Malley chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
BEAUTIFUL. I loved the way you could make my stomach knot up with only words. Well done and I am so glad I read this story. :)
infiniteworld8 chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Brilliant, this story is amazing. I accidentally stumbled over the queen's thief fanfic and I love the series and I love this fic. It was darkly beautiful. Great writing! I felt the queen's anguish and yet justification in her decision, the memory of this fic is lingering like smoke after a fire is put out.
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Wow. This is...like...one of, if not the most beautiful fanfic I have read in. My. Life.

Perfect. Just perfect.
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Oh, this is lovely. I like the parenthetical interruptions (which just add to the beautiful ache this whole fic causes) and the quotes from the book carefully placed. I don't know who to pity more, Eugenides or Attolia. Poor Gen has the obvious reason to be pitied, but this is a definite turning point in Attolia's character development.

I particularly love the wording you chose with lines like, "She doesn't sleep that night. He's stolen that from her too, even with only one hand." and the lines following. And how she keeps noticing how young he is. You've done a fantastic job with this fic! Thanks so much for writing it. :)
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This is an excellent fic. Your writing is reminiscent of Turner's style, and I especially like your parenthetical asides: they add a little more depth without making the flow choppy. Overall, well done.
Garagina chapter 1 . 5/18/2012