Reviews for Before
Ashlyn Thomson chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
This fanfiction was very well written, it showed the comparison style of the book. I found your writing technique was very similar to the way Emma Donoghue wrote “Room”. Both based on Jacks perceptive and the grammar used to show that is is a three-year-old writing this was very well done. I think your story line was creative how you finished the story by saying " When I wake up, Ma is gone", leaving some remarks for the readers that want to keep reading to understand what the outcome turns out to be. While reading this fanfiction I kept picturing these scenes happening in "room". I am a very visual reader which is where I can picture everything I read and so reading this just put me back into Room and allowed me to reconnect with the characters and to see what they went through. Seeing Ma in as much pain as stated she was, left me really wondering where she went or if it was another suicide scene where she would have been trying to take her own life for years now but just could never follow through with it until they got into the " outside" world. This fanfiction kept me thinking different things that related inside "Room". Almost each sentence put me in a new spot in "room". since I kept picturing each scene I found this as a sequel to "room" but as a time period before the escape. The only thing i would change would to start off by Jack being a baby and working his way up until being a brave little five year old. I would have stated the difference each year made on jack and Ma to improve the piece but other than that I found this a great project. I hope you got a good mark on it.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2016
I loved this! Jack is so cute
Uniquely X chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
An excellent fic for an excellent book. Well done.
TheSilencedVigor chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
I really really loved this fic, would like to see more!
just.the.girl.in.the.mirror chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I know that it's been a while since you wrote this, but I thought that I would review it anyway. I am completely obsessed with this book, and you have captured everything about it flawlessly. I would love you see your take on something that happens after the book ended. Anyway, this is really great. I hope that you received a high grade on the assignment.
brooklyn1shay2black3 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Can you please put another one where its before Jacks born
Friday Maria chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
You've captured Jack's voice in a very convincing manner! I love the ending- keep writing!
Amanda Green chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Hope you got really good marks from your school as this was a brilliant understanding of the characters in Room. Really good. Only negative is that perhaps if he was under four he may use even more baby language but then he only knows his mum so grows up faster than most toddlers :-)
Ilovepercyjacksonsomuch chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Wow, this is so amazing. It really sounds like Room and I've read that book loads, so I should know. :)
HeartOfParadise chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This is excellent! You captured Jack's voice so well that it pretty much sounds like a part of Donoghue's writing. I know from personal experience how insane hard it is to write from a child's point of view, and you've done it to top notch standard here. Very believable and very Jack :)
CastielFanGirl22 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
wow i liked it. good job! you got close emma donoghue's style, i loved it. :)
Inugoma chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
It was awesome
Patientalien chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I figured there wouldn't be anything for this book on here and not only was proven wrong but this was an amazing representation of the world of Room. You nailed Jack's voice perfectly. Awesome job!