Reviews for Mother's Day
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Sorry, but this isn't Frank at all. The last Max writer made this up since he didn't want to go back and check out Frank's real history with his wife and kids or even what Grath Ennis wrote.

Ennis at least showed that Frank wanted to get back to them. Aaron has it that when he came back from Vietnam, he became a military action addict who couldn’t handle anything or anyone, like Maria… only combat. The Punisher has become more of a stereotype, the soldier who comes home and can’t handle anything… yes, there were and still are soldiers like that but Frank wasn’t one of them, which is what made him different. I mean there were Vietnam vets who came home and didn’t go crazy. But now it's like there married was pretty going to end even if they were not killed.

But before that day, he met Nick Fury who made him an offer, to get away from them and keep fighting in the military. But because he didn’t take his offer or not at that time, they’ve wouldn’t have gone to the park… in other words… it’s now Frank’s fault that his family was killed… even though he was still going to lose them anyway. Now the real reason why Frank became a vigilante in the Max universe was not too avenge his family, but because he loves to kill people. He now has a love for it. Getting offers from the Mafia to join them… when did they ever do that to non-Mafia people like soldiers?

There wasn’t anything like that seen or said in past issues, even in the Garth Ennis Marvel Knights and Max stories or with past writers. The last issue of Born has Frank saying, “But I’m never going away again. I’d be stupid to, so long as I’ve got you guys. It took me far too long to realize that.” And in Punisher Max issue 52, Vol.1, a flashback from Vietnam has him holding a picture of them and wanting to get back to them. The new Max Punisher is someone I can’t rout for anymore, he’s become weak and a compete nutcase. Even the 2004 Punisher film was able to get their marriage right. But all that just so the Punisher and the Kingpin can have something common...
BLAKKSTONE chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Very short, very simple and straight to the point.

Well done. These days, Castle is all about rage and murder. Writers forget the pain and guilt...

Good job.

By the way, I did a similar story called SPECIAL DELIVERY, if you wanna check it out.