Reviews for The Monkees in WHERE?
CircleSky chapter 15 . 7/15/2013
I like the universe you've created in this series. Thanks for sharing it with us! You have a talent for this!
CircleSky chapter 8 . 7/14/2013
Love the armadillo thing! Cute!
jenben chapter 15 . 8/16/2012
I read this a few days ago and only just found the time to review (finding time to myself nowadays is like finding Big Foot). I didn't know what to make this ending. Did I like it? Was I satisfied? And the answers are yes, I liked it, but, no, I wasn't satisfied. It's not you. It's your characters. I want more from them than they're able to give (right now). And I don't know what to make of your latest story, which I haven't read; bringing Phyllis into this makes me think of the real Mike Nesmith and not the pretty groovy guy you've created.

All that being said, your have such a knack for character development and creating people and scenes that are real and sympathetic. I also appreciated that I could understand all the French in this chapter. Next time, maybe you should incorporate a little German. German can be romantic...if you're deaf...
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 15 . 8/14/2012
Well, those last two lines for Peter were the perfect way to wrap this up. They definitely deserve each other!

The image of Mike in a tux and his Ray-Bans (both your photo and in my imagination) is just too great. Just leave it to Nesmith to keep the damn shades on.

I have to say that I was a *little* disappointed with the Cinderella-ish romance, but the fact that you pointed out that Bonnie wouldn't normally go for that stuff helped some. It seemed to be a little cliche at times (except for the "Can you dig it?" line and the coffee), but you still kept them perfectly in character. Maybe it's just me identifying a little too much with Bonnie and thinking about how I'd react in that kind of situation. I should let them have their unicorns.

I love the "Armadillo Waltz", that was a nice touch. Overall, I congratulate you on finishing another great fic, and I'll be looking out for the next! :)

smoshen chapter 15 . 8/12/2012
Noooo, it's over! Nice conclusion though, Peter's line at the very end was perfect :) And I'm a Peter girl, but this chapter sure as hell made me want a piece of Papa Nes! Bet he looks fantastic in tails ;)
jenben chapter 14 . 8/11/2012
So, I thought this was supposed to be the last chapter, but it clearly isn't because we haven't reached the end. I'm not saying this wasn't a good chapter-you know how much I like what Mike and Bonnie bring out in each other. And that "seduced and abandoned" line was perfect; you really nailed them on the head.

As long as we're both clear that you're going to be writing more.
Victoria chapter 14 . 8/9/2012
I am so in love with your story. It's well written and I've fallen so in love with Mike and Bonnie! I can't wait for the next installment :)
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 14 . 8/9/2012
*"Seduced and abandoned," he lamented, "Hand me my guitar, I think I feel a song coming on…"*

I actually read that in Mike's voice. I think that's the first time it's happened. Also, I'm going crazy trying to use my overactive imagination to figure out what's going to happen "tonight". I have to admit that when I saw the summary for this chapter, I was afraid it was the end. You about gave me a heart attack! Now I just have to be patient. Patient and apprehensive.
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 13 . 8/9/2012
Love how everyone's railin' on Kirshner. He needs to be railed on every once in a while. Bonnie and the champagne was great, and I liked her moment of emotional doubt afterwards. Even the most badass of us worry about stuff.

I'm really looking forward to the surprise, whatever it is! But not so much the end of the story...
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 11 . 8/9/2012
Your interview answers were great- you had the characterization spot-on, I think, as usual. Davy's really made me crack up.

As always, I love reading the interactions between Bonnie and Mike, especially the ornery ones. One of the things that makes your Monkees stories special, at least so far, is that you don't idealize everything and everyone. Even if you do play around with time frames, etc, you write some of the most realistic stuff out there in terms of relationships and emotions. I've probably told you that before. Oh well!
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 12 . 8/9/2012
Wow, I'm going to be a French teacher by the time I finish this story. I'm glad you're including it in the footnotes so I'm not *completely* lost :)

This was gone for so long I was afraid I'd never get to the end! I'm so glad it's back; I missed my Morris/Nesmith fix (really, she's probably my favorite OC ever). Peter playing naked banjo! Hints at the romance (?) to come! I love Pam, especially the "I know, off the record!" bits.

Did I review last chapter? Crap, I think not. I'm off to go do that now!
jenben chapter 13 . 8/8/2012
Perfect! I *loved* what Bonnie did and said to Don Kirshner! (I'd like to point out that, although my knowledge is somewhat limited, I don't think he was such a douche. He had a job and he did it well; he also happened to have an ego and total confidence in his own superiority.) I'm so excited to find out what Genie/Pam dreamed up for Mike to do with/for Bonnie. This makes me wish I could trade places with her (except I'd need some sort of traumatic brain injury to change who I am).

By the by (whatever that means), 212 is the number I like to use for addresses in my stories. It was my grandma's apartment number. So, thanks for using it.
jenben chapter 12 . 8/8/2012
Okay, so I'm reviewing each chapter (twelve and thirteen) b/c that's the kind of generous and thoughtful person I am (no matter what some authors write in their private messages).

So, my reading of this story would go a lot more smoothly if I understood French. I took five years of German and it hasn't done me any good, ever. I quite enjoyed the part where Peter was playing the banjo naked; I suspect it's the kind of think Mr. Tork would do in real life (I love the Monkees, but I loathe hippies-bunch of long-haired weirdos if you ask me). And the conversation between Bonnie and Bob was priceless; I almost wish I could speak with my boss like that.

PS. How great is banjo music?
smoshen chapter 13 . 8/5/2012
I applauded when Bonnie dumped her drink on Kirshner...what an ass XD Loved the way you described the songs by the way, as a musician I enjoy all of that harmony and melody descriptions and stuff :) sure paints a picture!
smoshen chapter 12 . 8/5/2012
I died with Peter naked with his banjo...I'm a Peter that was quite a funny little treat hahaha! Nice job again :)