Reviews for The Strings That Bind Us
Shahrezad1 chapter 6 . 6/1/2013
This whole work is just the most gorgeous piece of 'feels' I've read in a long while. :D The way that you've got the interactions between each set of characters (mixing and matching them like partners in a square dance) is a fascinating exploration of what makes them tick. Because it's not even the Avengers on a team level-it's on a roommate level, where you have to learn the ins and outs of each others' personalities. And unlike regular roommate situations, most of these people have larger issues to work through.

Man, I can't even...argh. I just have no way to articulate the emotional roller coaster this put me through, even just as a spectator! Especially Tony/Steve and Tony/Bruce. O_O The best part is that for all that they're 'superheroes,' you've really cut down to the human core of their personalities. It's the exploration of these cores which really shine.

writerreader63 chapter 6 . 5/19/2013
That was a very emotionally charged chapter. As was the Bruce/Tony, and the Natasha/Bruce. All of them, really. I love how you get into their experiences and emotions, and with these chapters, each one interaction between two different team members, you show their similarities- and not always with good traits. They all have dark pasts, dark moments in their lives, and you're exploring those and connecting them. You even slip them into short, passing lines, as Natasha reflects only for a little bit on her lack of reactions, and fiddling. Each line is purposeful. This chapter, in particular, was very heart-wrenching, as you went through Steve's initial nightmare, building up to the various reasons Tony doesn't sleep. The first reason cited is working better, but as he and Steve work through their connection, which is so, so, saddening, you find a deeper reason which makes just as much sense. You find understanding, between two characters who clash so much in personality.
This fic, and especially this chapter, is astounding.
5/5 Stars.
ORgasmicPigeon chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
Oh man,this is adorable!
akisura12 chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Hey Kay, Gabby here! Finally started reading this - it's /fantastic/. Really cute, in a somewhat subtly depressing way'. And Ruffalo's banner is indeed way too easy to fall in love with. As is Steve, of course! Great job… and I shall continue reading now!
Jacob Diamond chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
user-is-void chapter 6 . 10/1/2012
*spastically dances around the room, clutching your story to my chest*

…Hold on, let me get control of all my feels, then I can leave you a proper review.

Your writing is flawless, first of all. Every time I read a chapter of this I’m seriously blown away by the sheer amount of talent you possess. You breathe such life into the characters, you turn them from just characters on a comic book page and from people on a movie screen into something so much more. You’re not afraid to dig deep into their pain and that’s AMAZING. The way you convey every emotion and detail, their impeccable dialogue you give them, and just the general transference of their feelings between each other just…

I’m so in love with you and your writing. Honestly, everything about it makes me so happy.

YOU make me so happy.

Fjklasjklajklgj :D :D 3 3 *HUGGLES*

I haven’t even gotten started with this review, there’s so much more I need to say. I just need to get all of my feels out, they’re hitting me all at once.

THE NIGHTMARE STEVE HAD. MY GOD, YOU HAD ME TEARING UP. THERE WAS TEARS, GURL. SERIOUSLY, I couldn’t stop all the tears when Steve was talking to Tony, and Tony feels like he needs to say something meaningful so he doesn’t lose him… ;.; That conversation was just…I’ve literally re-read this chapter 3 times already and am just reviewing now. I want to read this over and over again, this whole story is love on a computer screen. 3

My heart pitters for you and your incredibly vivid descriptions. I am SO insanely jealous of how you write with such detail and flawlessness in every sentence. And GOSH GURL, you’re SO CLEVER! :D I LOVED listening to Stark’s thoughts, you really nailed his character! I mean, you ALWAYS nail all the characters your write, but this was especially witty and purrrrrfect! .

You’re able to take something as mundane as having a cup of coffee at 3 am and turn it into something meaningful and incredibly moving. I’m still so blown away by the sheer amount of talent, the vibrant life you bring to the characters, and the ability in which you can see the depths, the monsters, the loneliness and every aspect of their personality. And once you grab onto that small detail—like Stark’s liveliness and need for coffee at all ungodly hours of the night, his secret fear of desolation and oh-lord-that-PAINFUL loneliness, that appreciation and quite frankly his *need* for Pepper—you pull it out and you write it out with such gritty emotion. You’re not afraid of your characters discomfort and you’re brave enough to have them share that pain with each other. It’s beautiful the depth in which you see into the characters and bring out such simple moments into perfect meaningful ones.

Don’t ever stop writing, Kay, you have such a given talent for it. :) :) :) 3 3 3

Even the details about Steve! His asthma and Buck, and oh lord him about his adorable black coffee! His inability to get drunk, and just EVERYTHING! You captured the innocent nature of him and clashed it with something like an ugly nightmare and painted a pained picture of something purely flawless.

“I’m still scared. This future is my war.” -GURL WAT IS THIS FABULOUSNESS?! I teared up. This is when the waterworks started, and they didn’t stop until the very end when Tony struggles to figure out what to say. So. Freaking. Beautiful.

Unnatural lighthouse of sarcasm and beguile. Sweat monkey. ‘I'm Trying Really Freaking Hard to Be Nice FM, with your belligerent host: T. Stark.’ KAY, I mean, my GOD, everything you type is magic. I want to marry you 30 times over and over again. No exaggeration, IT MUST BE 30 TIMES. Can we just, yes?!

Long story (or, heh, review for that matter!) sort, you’re beautiful, your writing is beautiful, your heart is beautiful, and I love everything about this and you. You put such a big smile on my face, and I cannot wait to read more. More of this, more of Patient J, more of White Mask, more of ANYTHING you have to offer!

Your adoring, fangirling, derpy, love you to the ends of the earth and back wifey,

Lottie-Dot :)
DreamOrNightmare chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Sorry, I'm to log in.

BUT GAWSH! ARGGHHHHHH! YOUR WRITING! TOO LOVELY! Gosh, I'm in love with this! You definitely did some justice on these characters! The first paragraph pulled me in so fast! 8D

Urghhhh... sorry, I couldn't make this review longer... just I'm so filled with emotion right now. ;-;

You inspire me, gurl. Those writing skillz! *nose bleeds*
Fortuona chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
I'm... stunned. Just wow. Wow. Thank you.
KarToon12 chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Wow...just wow...

Don't be sorry in the slightest; this chapter was WELL worth the long wait, believe me. :)
Mrs. Data chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Wonderful! Don't worry, you captured all the right mannerisms and emotions. It wasn't over the top or incomplete, you nailed it. Looking forward to the next chapter.
steinmarie chapter 4 . 7/16/2012
Hey darlin'! I would have reviewed earlier, but I HAD to see the Avengers first. You. Are. Amazing! I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Thanks!
KrnYong chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
:O all of the emotions T_T
I don't even know where to begin... But suffice to say that I love your little drabbles so far. Everyone is very well written character-wise, and the fact that it's all still linked to canon makes it even better.
Beloved Daughter chapter 5 . 6/14/2012
I love these glimpses into the lives of the Avengers. I must say though that my favorite one was of Steve Rogers. It was just so poignant.
CarsonK chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Please make a new chapter! I really like your stories!
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Loving these little snapshots of their lives, complex and interesting character studies, love it! Am looking forward to Tony and Steve - my favourites! - also, will there be a group scene? I love to see them all interacting together.

58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »