Reviews for What's a Hero, Really?
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
It is a rare thing that a work of fan-fiction has brought me to tears, but I'm writing this mostly by touch since I can't really see the monitor that well.

You have done a masterful job of capturing the true spirit of Bravery, and I salute you. Really, though, it was the tributes that pushed me over the edge, especially that of the Lanterns. If Orville can see this Universe from the afterlife, he must be just swelling with pride.

(Point of information: Galaxies will no longer exist sometime after one quintillion (1E18) years from now. The matter that stars and life are built of will no longer exist sometime before one octillion (1E27) years have passed. That is WELL short of the Heat Death of the Universe, which will occur sometime after 1E1000 years [there isn't really a commonly accepted name for that number]. Not that any of US will give a rip, but I doubt even the Oans will be around that long.)

I am Favoriting the HECK out of this!
Draco's Secret Lover chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I loved it. More of a character study than I was expecting and it, ridiculously enough, actually brought on a couple of tears. Stopped in to read your other works after just finishing 'Shades' and I'm glad I did!
Klimmatt chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
I don't really know how to react to this one... I went in largely out of boredom and not expecting an OC and stuck around mostly because of idle curiosity, then wound up with tears in my eyes. I'm still not quite sure what I feel about it, but I have to say that this is a wonderful piece of fiction, if only in showing the strength that an ordinary man can show even when facing overwhelming terror and death itself.
jerel chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Wow. Just, Wow. What is a hero?
Great closing line, too.
GotenForever chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
...Whoah.

Your philosophy integrated into this story really makes people wonder what a 'hero' is. It's similar to my own.

You can't be a 'hero' by profession - at least not as a standalone- which is one of the things that makes me suspicious of comic book 'heroes' like the Teen Titans, Batman and other superpowered folks.

The only way you can be a hero by profession is if you're a soldier, or a firefighter, or a policeman, or someone else who puts their life on the line without superstrength or x-ray vision or any of that nonsense. 'Heroes' aren't necessarily fearless, but a 'Hero' can be defined as a person who has overcome fear and risk in an instance to rescue a life or special symbolic item (like a flag). As for the latter, rescuing an item of symbolism, a person would have to be extremely confident to try that, or a sergeant of some kind trying to boost troop morale.

I became annoyed when Terra was first introduced because she said she was a 'superhero'. How many lives had SHE saved living on that isolated desert location? For one, it looks like she's KILLED loads of radscorpions. xD
Lantern chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
That right there is talent. Awesome idea, great execution. Keep up the good work!
Hydros chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
LOL

The most of the story was definitely interesting. Somewhat random, unless I'm missing something there was no buildup to why Orville was with the Titans, but the end of this story is HILARIOUS. Keep it up!