Reviews for Political Expediency
dragoon109 chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
oh please for the love of.. there is so few good harry potter stories out there please continue.
A Reviewer chapter 2 . 8/8/2014
Great story. Looking forward to seeing more of it
Kazavan chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I love this. You weave a far more adilt and intelligent malfoy that does madam rowling. Please write more someday
MusicForOxygen chapter 2 . 7/28/2014
This is pure genius! I truly hope you still plan to continue. Your writing is fantastic and the plot is superb! I've always loved the idea of Lucius and Snape, as well as other Death Eaters, creating a grey side. Bloody brilliant please don't say it's abandoned!
CharmedArtist chapter 2 . 6/11/2014
oooooh... Good stuff :D Off to an excellent start!
gothgirl865 chapter 2 . 8/1/2013
Huh. That was my first reaction when I finished the first two chapters in this story, because it's making me think. The whole Lucius-Malfoy-killing-Voldemort concept is something I have never encountered before and I love it! Ever since I got old enough to read Harry Potter with a critical eye, I've had a lot of problems with it, especially it's characters acting completely ridiculously. (Although I don't know how much of it is actually them being stupid and how much is hindsight being 20/20.)

But this story is an answer to a question I didn't even know I was asking myself: how would the sane Death Eaters feel about Voldemort coming back? And I have to say, I think you captured Lucius quite well. I am really looking forward to reading more of this, so please update as soon as possible! (I completely understand about real life interfering with fanfiction writing, unfortunately, but that won't stop me from hoping you'll drop everything and write!)

So to conclude, basically I think this is awesome, write more of it soon!
meg527 chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
Very interesting twist! I look forward to reading more. Thank you!
KeepCalmLoveSeverus chapter 2 . 5/2/2013
So, are you still working on this story? I like its plotline much better than Rowling's, sad to say. You give the Slytherins proper respect. :D You could probably even wangle this into an SS/HG story in the epilogue, if you put your mind to it. I love your sarcasm, it's so delightfully developed. Keep up the awesomeness!
Sendryl chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
PLEASE continue this story!
This is so perfect for Lucius and Severus.
I love these two together so much, and this is such a unique take...
I'm excited.
Also, this makes so much sense. I mean, really, why WOULDN'T Lucius take out the Dark Lord?
The thought that the body can be sufficiently destroyed also makes sense. I mean, in the books, if Voldy is invincible, why didn't he just storm the Ministry that first night and kill everybody and do the same to Hogwarts. It has never made sense to me why an indestructible person wouldn't just take over the world lickety-split.
It makes much more sense that the Horcruxes preserve the soul and allow reanimation, but the body doesn't have quite as much protection. After all, when you've split your soul that many times, wouldn't the body just be another Horcrux, for all intents and purposes?
Moving on, I am in love with this story.
I also love how not all Slytherins are subtle. Being a rather unsubtle Slytherin myself - although I can be subtle if the moment calls for it - I love that you've made the House a spectrum of subtlety instead of a blanket.
I'm going to send this off now, otherwise I'll simply keep ranting, but I love this story so far, and I can't wait to see it continued.
Sendryl
Dearlady2002 chapter 2 . 3/7/2013
I'm really struggling with the concept of Lucius as a somewhat good guy lol. It's a new type of fic for me personally, so I'm interested to read more! :)
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I'm not a fan of Lucius, but his thoughts and reasonings all seemed in character to me, I would like to see this made into a longer story if you are game :)
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
Delicious! Delightful! More, please.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Excellent portrayal of Lucius Malfoy!
RB chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
I absolutely adore your story story so far. I do hope you'll continue, in spite of an annoyingly persistent image of Malfoy as Bertie Wooster that you have created in my head.
JaneDoh0 chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
Glad you decided to continue this! I like how you are handling the rank stupidity shown by so many Death Eaters and Potter's Slytherin classmates in canon. Interference with the Sorting Hat indeed. Also, Severus's reactions to the events are awesome. I look forward to seeing more of the Slytherin plan.