Reviews for A Doctor's BloodStained Hands
Raven chapter 1 . 7/13
Truly amazing! It captured their friendship quite nicely.
It was astonishing and so touching.
Thank you!
becgate chapter 1 . 12/25/2015
Loved it!
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I like this a lot. That may be somewhat disturbing, since there's so much blood and gore, but it's also very sweet and shows the deep friendship between the detective and his doctor. I see this as just bromance, personally, and not that out of character at all. Everyone has a breaking point, even John, and Sherlock's way of comforting him seems like something he would be quite capable of.

I have one small complaint: did Sherlock ever turn off the tap? I mean, it would be like him to be careless enough to leave the water running, especially with John in such a state, but still...
gherkim chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
This was soooo beautiful. It made me cry and that doesn't often happen. I suppose listening to the Sherlock 3 soundtrack didn't help either... I commend you on attemping to accurately convey John's feelings of utter dismay and helplessness. I don't claim to know what this feels like, but I am a Psychology major so I know this is a terrible experience for anyone to go through especially with children involved. Bravo for writing an amazing story. It has inspired me to write one of my own as I've had a similar one swirling in my mind for a while
FOP Property chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Graveofthefireflies chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
It's a sad story. In particular the poor kids getting blown up. :( It's very well written though.

I don't think John is OOC at all. To be faced with something like that would be a very powerful trigger and it would not be unrealistic at all for some dissociation to be triggered by it. Him washing his hands repeatedly, to the point of injuring himself, in an attempt to get the imaginary blood out is a very powerful scene.

Sherlock may be a bit OOC as he's doing such a good job comforting John. It's definitely not something that comes naturally to him. You do however put a point across that it's not that easy for him and there are some awkward moments here and there which resonate perfectly with the canon.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Nope, not for the two of them. I can see that happening to John. Well done.
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
So perfectly written! Love it!
Gratia Astra chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I'm absolutely in love with this one-shot. It's hard to find a good fic that doesn't lead into a romantic session. There's nothing wrong with it I suppose, it's just not my personal preference. Which means I have a hard time finding the bro stories. Actually, I don't think it was OOC. I've read a lot of stories where Sherlock dissolves into shock, or just descends into his own emotions like a teenage girl. This was actually very well done. Good job, really! And I love the end, where Sherlock shares the couch.
TheDeductionist chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Speechless. Not too OOC at all. It was perfect. I loved this :D
Sonia.Connors chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
this was amazing I feel like there could be more and it wouldn't hurt I would really like to read a day in the life of wounded-hand John and see how Sherlock acts. wonderfully written
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I don't know if I commented on this story before. However. If I didn't...

I do not think this is OOC. Not one bit. John would be pulled out of his normal interactions by something so traumatic like this (I have danced on the line with something like this in one of my newest stories).

And Sherlock, as you put into the story, while not always able to deal with or express his own emotions, does know John. He knows him well enough to be able to determine he's never let any of this out before. His brand of comfort is perfect. And I can totally see him determining the best course of action was to let John sleep on him, on the sofa, providing them both with the comfort they needed at a difficult time.

I have to tell you, I have come back to this story, over and over and over again, reading it and loving it more each time. There is something about how you portray Sherlock and John here that just speaks to me. It shows the depth of their friendship and "brotherhood" so strongly. It also highlights the strength of Sherlock's feelings for John (and John's realization of that) as well as how truly strong John is to have been able to withstand the trials and traumas of his life and still be sane.

I. Love. This. Story! :)
ILB chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Very good story!
Lady Sam Mallory chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Well written. I enjoyed the hurt/comfort aspects of this story greatly. Nice job, with only minor OOC moments that could be easily overlooked as they are somewhat endearing. Still made my favorites list.
Puggle chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
This is a truely beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.