Reviews for A Doctor's BloodStained Hands
FOP Property chapter 1 . 2/26
Graveofthefireflies chapter 1 . 1/12
It's a sad story. In particular the poor kids getting blown up. :( It's very well written though.

I don't think John is OOC at all. To be faced with something like that would be a very powerful trigger and it would not be unrealistic at all for some dissociation to be triggered by it. Him washing his hands repeatedly, to the point of injuring himself, in an attempt to get the imaginary blood out is a very powerful scene.

Sherlock may be a bit OOC as he's doing such a good job comforting John. It's definitely not something that comes naturally to him. You do however put a point across that it's not that easy for him and there are some awkward moments here and there which resonate perfectly with the canon.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Nope, not for the two of them. I can see that happening to John. Well done.
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
So perfectly written! Love it!
Gratia Astra chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I'm absolutely in love with this one-shot. It's hard to find a good fic that doesn't lead into a romantic session. There's nothing wrong with it I suppose, it's just not my personal preference. Which means I have a hard time finding the bro stories. Actually, I don't think it was OOC. I've read a lot of stories where Sherlock dissolves into shock, or just descends into his own emotions like a teenage girl. This was actually very well done. Good job, really! And I love the end, where Sherlock shares the couch.
TheDeductionist chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Speechless. Not too OOC at all. It was perfect. I loved this :D
Sonia.Connors chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
this was amazing I feel like there could be more and it wouldn't hurt I would really like to read a day in the life of wounded-hand John and see how Sherlock acts. wonderfully written
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I don't know if I commented on this story before. However. If I didn't...

I do not think this is OOC. Not one bit. John would be pulled out of his normal interactions by something so traumatic like this (I have danced on the line with something like this in one of my newest stories).

And Sherlock, as you put into the story, while not always able to deal with or express his own emotions, does know John. He knows him well enough to be able to determine he's never let any of this out before. His brand of comfort is perfect. And I can totally see him determining the best course of action was to let John sleep on him, on the sofa, providing them both with the comfort they needed at a difficult time.

I have to tell you, I have come back to this story, over and over and over again, reading it and loving it more each time. There is something about how you portray Sherlock and John here that just speaks to me. It shows the depth of their friendship and "brotherhood" so strongly. It also highlights the strength of Sherlock's feelings for John (and John's realization of that) as well as how truly strong John is to have been able to withstand the trials and traumas of his life and still be sane.

I. Love. This. Story! :)
ILB chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Very good story!
Lady Sam Mallory chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Well written. I enjoyed the hurt/comfort aspects of this story greatly. Nice job, with only minor OOC moments that could be easily overlooked as they are somewhat endearing. Still made my favorites list.
Puggle chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
This is a truely beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.
friendlythistle chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
I've enjoyed this story so much, it's one of my favorite Sherlock stories. Thank you so much! I love your caring Sherlock and I dont't think he is OOC, he just doesn't know sometimes how much he's caring about John.
Well Done! I'm looking forward to your next writing!
Rairakku1234 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Wonderful.

'But if he was perturbed by the events of the last two days, it was nothing compared to John.

The ex-army doctor had taken it as his personal mission to track down and capture the serial bomber and possibly beat his brains in with his own fists.'

Really great capture of how Sherlock and John are both feeling. Loved the desciptors.

'He sent him a text saying JOHN, JUST BREATHE. I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY. LSTRD IN THE WAY. JUST BREATHE. SH. knowing the doctor had to be beating himself over not being able to save the boy.'

I love how much concern this shows Sherlock has for John, well still being Sherlock.

'It was Afghanistan all over again. His hands stained with innocent people's blood; people who had no place in politicians and zealots' wars but who got hurt nonetheless. How many children had he held as they died, their bodies disfigured by mines, grenades and bullet fire? How many parents had he had to console because he couldn't save their children? How many times had he been forced to abandon civilian casualties because they had to pull out of the area?'

So heart wrenching and very well written.

'The detective felt that these answers, however correct, did not do John's pain justice, so he just kept silence and held the ex-army doctor tightly. No words could make it better, and no words could nor should stop John from venting his frustration and sorrow. So Sherlock just held him; held him while John sobbed loudly into his shirt, knowing John had never allowed himself to cry before.'

Wow. Just fantastic.

'Looking back at the detective who had curled up on the sofa now that John was gone, the doctor felt a sudden wave of calm peace fill him. Sherlock might be thoughtless, selfish, insulting and dismissive, but he also knew John better than anyone, and while he could use this knowledge to mock and belittle the doctor, he instead tried to offer his unique but effective brand of comfort. Sherlock, John realized, cared, and what surprised John the most was the realization that he wasn't surprised by this fact.'

Wonderful, just a wonderful summary of thier relationship.

Great Job,
Rairakku
castover chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
When a cartharsis is needed, I perfectly okay embracing a little ooc. Beautifully written, left me smiling.
10-11thDoctorLove chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This is really good, I think it was all in chareceter except for the last bit where he kisses him, in my opinoun it would have been better if he just said thank you sincerly.

And the other bit was Lestrade not letting Sherlock follow John, I cld imagine Lestrade letting Sherlock go after his friend and get the statement tomorrow...

But that's just me being picky, it was a really good story and I really enjoyed it :D