Reviews for Empty
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
That was so sad. I do love it when a writer gives me a look into my fav characters minds after episodes where I feel that we needed just a little more.
luvthembones chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Made me cry. But I read it knowing that she comes back and they become good again. I try not to think about the end of season 8. Why is Pelant still part of the show? Thanks for this.
ciaomichaella chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Booth sitting on the steps outside the church at the end of the episode wah! SADPANDA :( The second to the last line of this story totally takes it for me. I can just imagine Booth reeling, missing Bones & Christine sniff sniff :(
delia84 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Whew. Booth's perspective after the leaving always gets me!
Sharon chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I was so sad when I saw Booth on the church steps and this story made me cry for him again. He is so alone and missing his family. Great addition to the episode. Thanks.

sharon_m745
BonesLenka chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I've just read three of your Booth POV stories now, Empty, Five Words and The Test and I enjoyed them immensely. The thoughts you gave Booth appear real and in line with character, I can absolutely imagine that was what he felt.

As far as Empty, an interesting touch that Booth would have Christine baptized in the same church where he was with Brennan all that long time ago - it is logical, after all, that he would have "his" church, I just probably wouldn't make this connection, had I not read this story:)

And I also like the note of Brennan being taken care of in the hospital after the birth. I appreciate these small details in fanfics, which didn't make it to the episodes, but we somehow like to know about .

I'm going to read more of your work!
leshagen chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
That was just great. That final scene was heartbreaking (or as Brennan would say, heart-crushing), and your take on it brought tears to my eyes. Can't wait to see how it all turns out :D
Addison23 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
OMG. I have read a couple versions of this idea and this is the best one i had read. This made even made me cry. So sad, but perfect.
bblover228 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
What a true portrail of Booth's sadness and loanliness after Brennan drove off with their daughter. It was so sad. You captured the moment so well. I hope the squints are able to put Pelant away so Booths family returns home. Faith, hope and patience will get Booth through this.
sarahlizlangas chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Beautifully written, you've made me cry again!
love2read2much chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
how sad for Booth, watching his family drive away from him. He loves his family so much and not knowing where or when he will see them again must be killing him.

Keep up the great writing.
iluvfangs chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Beautiful! Very bittersweet!
broilthesuspect chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Here because I'm putting off my own work. Even though I said very adamantly that I wouldn't be reading any S7 finale fics. I am so malleable.

The image of that carrier haunts me. I can just imagine Booth having to carry it to the car without any weight in it. I'm thinking some sort of weight metaphor for the lightness of the carrier and the gravity of his heart. WHATEVER.

Oh, but you did your best, Booth. I really believe you did. Although, you probably shouldn't have beat Pellant all to shit. That was bad. Sexy, but bad.

THANK YOU. I like this portrayal of Booth. He's not mad at Max, or he would have hit him, and definitely wouldn't have said he would get his family back, "Tell her that."

It's difficult to write Booth crying successfully IMO, but this 1st person POV gives him the humility (I think I'm looking for a different word)to be able to have raw emotion like that. Very nice.

I feel like they wouldn't have taken Max's car. Although, in Booth's state ATM, why would he even be thinking about this detail?

This. The church. The blanket. I can't even deal with the feelings I'm having. babies have a wonderful smell when they're clean. BUT, I hate the name Chrissy. With a passion. Ew.

Also, I think it is difficult to capture Booth in a religious setting. In this case, Brennan is not physically present to question it, but it is touching to see Booth praying for a woman that believes his religion is nothing but a myth.

This was heartbreaking, but I am in no way bothered by that. Excellently written, and totally in context.

-broil
CrayonClown chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Finally, now that I've gotten mine out of the way I can read this.

Guh! All my cries!

I love where you took this. I had not even thought about taking Booth back into the church, but it makes so much sense.

Great job bringing forth all of intense raw emotions.

XOXO,

Jen
BlueMoonFan chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I have to say that this is a very angsty little ditty. It make me cry thinking about Booth at the end of the finale. Wow... So very emotional. Thanks for writing it. I'm hoping that season 8 is great.

I love all of your stories and this is no exception! Great job.