Reviews for Sometimes It Doesn't Work
rachel chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
are you continuing the story ? (PLEASE SAY YES!)
Guest chapter 5 . 8/29/2012
the ending was terrible
DrownYour-Kiss chapter 4 . 6/10/2012
LostAndUnfound chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Well that went well. x)

Lin was a lot more in character here, in my opinion, than the previous chapters, so good job on that part. What really got to me was the bitter tone that both of these characters had. I think the way that they separated, on such a bad note too, was just a punch in the gut, knowing that both of these characters had deep feelings for one another.

I'm wondering how this'll end, but I think you've done a nice job so far.
LostAndUnfound chapter 4 . 6/3/2012
I think this break up treats both Tenzin and Lin fairer than the show has, to be honest, and that's quite a feat you've pulled off. Once again, dialogue is something you're doing really well at. Katara's words strike just the appropriate balance of frankness and motherly advice. Tenzin's struggles are believable mostly because of how he states them.

I'm wondering how the break up is about to happen.
LostAndUnfound chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
Aang was...very mature, a stark contrast with his childish side in the original, but I think it was very believable. His talk with Lin said a lot about him, and I thought the part where he talked about potentially breaking up with Katara if she didn't want children to be a powerful moment that shed a lot of his character. Good job.

Lin's part in this story was interesting. The backstory that Toph died young is a thought provoking theory, and I like how that really helps explain why Lin and Tenzin seem to be such close friends with one another. On the other hand, I think I just find it hard that Lin would be crying. She always seemed to have a much more stoic persona.

But hard difficult break ups are really hard on people, and I know that it can make even the toughest of people break down, so maybe it's not that hard to believe after all.
LostAndUnfound chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
Never wanting kids? For a reason like that? In some ways it's hard to imagine Lin not being confident in her own immortality like Toph was, but on the other hand, Lin is quite different and has a much more motherly personality between the two. I appreciate the dialogue again, by the way. Lin sounds like Lin, rather than some lovestruck woman, and I'm really liking it.

Anyhow, this backstory is starting to heat up, so I think I'm gonna grab some dinner and then come back and read.
LostAndUnfound chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I think that's a very good point of conflict between Tenzin and Lin, the topic of having children. The way that Lin acts and the number of children Tenzin has is a really good explanation for all of it, so I can appreciate the link to canon.

I liked the dialogue too, if not only because it fits Lin and Tenzin well, but that it's a pretty relatable scenario as far as how realistic the fight is.

Pema was also intriguing, though I wonder if her backstory behind WHY she fell in love with Tenzin will come up later.
BruisedReed chapter 5 . 5/29/2012
Another well thought out and crafted piece. Sage, I'd read your scribblings on a napkin with joy!
Jokermask18 chapter 5 . 5/29/2012
So sad.
BigBossofMoss chapter 5 . 5/29/2012
A sad chapter. :(

I can imagine one of those gossip radio stations in the Avatar world that's similar to Extra or something.
proudinfidel chapter 4 . 5/28/2012
Katara suffered from preeclampsia?
GrossGirl18 chapter 4 . 5/23/2012
Ahhh... Tenzin. You poor, poor boy.
Leaded-Pegasus chapter 4 . 5/23/2012
Well, I know I'm a little late on this. But it definitely sounds like Eclampsia. Eclampsia is an end result of leaving Preeclampsia untreated. During Preeclampsia, the woman's feet, legs, or hands can swell; along with high blood pressure. During Eclampsia, as you wrote,seizures and the woman can slip into a coma.
A Magical Owl chapter 4 . 5/22/2012
that is a really good explanation for Aang and Katara not having anymore children. UPDATE SOON! D