Reviews for Just a Friendly Spar
Silvara chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Yes! I am glad you sated the reader curiosity about that famous sparing because I dearly love that kind of details to an adventure story. :D
As a side bit of critique, I would have enjoyed half-complicit smiles instead of the Oops.
showalittlefaith chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I must say I have been waiting for something like this for a while. I felt bad for Gabriel when he asked about Drizzt and all that in Overslept. You tied that whole friendship together very nicely. I was wondering if they were real good friends and if so, how that came to be. Also the Broken scimitar caught me compltely by surprise... just saying :) Anyways, as always, I loved your fic and you did a great job with the fighting scene!
OhShirleyUJest chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This was... great.

I liked the descriptions, the characterizations, and, well, pretty much everything.

The humor was wonderful. The end was perfect. Sometimes one word carries so much meaning.

Epic.
Yulandia chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I liked it! I felt kinda sorry for Gabriel when he was shut down for his curiosity. This was a nice way to pull them together. Loved the oops. ;)

Yulz
Tamuril2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
You'll have to forgive me any randome things I say. I've been up since 4am and am on an adrenalin high. I'll try and keep the randome comments to a minamum (no promises though). Anyhow, I was so, so, so happy to see that you'd posted this. It was well done, as per your usual. Huh? You want to know why I specifically liked it? My reasons? Weelll, if I have to (yeah, I know, I'm not fooling anyone, but let me continue in my fantasy that I can)..

1)Drizzt sparing scene! Yay! I've been waiting for this scene for a while now. I was so happy that it was with Gabriel and not in some life-or-death way. The way you ended it, by default, was funny. I thought for sure Drizzt was going to win, but then you did a twist and surprised me (pleasently).

2)The final ending was perfection. Kell's sarcastic reaction had me smiling and metally saying "BUSTED!". lol. It was definitely something I could see him saying. I had been wondering thoughout the sparing scene why no one was waking up. I mean, those things aren't known for being quiet. lol. I guess Kell thoguht it'd be best to let them "clear the air", so to speak.

All in all, a wonderful short story. Thanks for much for it.

Tamuril2
LadyofShadow chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Ahahah, what a nice oneshot! Lovely, I mean it. Well done!