Reviews for The Bird Roads
scorsby chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Hey ive never read anything from this fandom before but I've always loved the books and I enjoyed your little story. I always wanted to know about their travels on the bird roads between the books and this is a nice intro. Makes me sad and happy at the same time which is definitely good. Thanks for sharing. Zell x
foodfoodfood chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This is beautiful. A perfect picture of both Tom's and Hester's personalities. A perfect testament to how Hester Shaw is undoubtedly the most profound characters fiction has ever birthed.
Cmdr. Gen. Marasco chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
ZOMG more Mortal Engines work with Hester and Tom in it! Thank you, random gods of Traconism!

Right, sorry. There's not enough good stories on here. We need more like this.

Admittedly, the characters seem a little OOC, but I'm just going to put that down to the fact they just saw London get slaged. That aside, this is really inventive, and it's always nice to see inside the characters heads. We know Hester's a lonely tortured girl craving love and security, and we know Tom is a naive nice adorkable nerd.

Not sure about the whole "kisz" thing. From what I've read, they know about that pretty well in this universe. But hey, it's coming from Tom; maybe he himself doesn't know.

Good stuff, I hope you write more.